Racing from high rolls (70 mph)

This is a discussion on Racing from high rolls (70 mph) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I had raced from rolls before with the Evo but I finally took the Roush on the freeway over ...

Racing from high rolls (70 mph)

Well I had raced from rolls before with the Evo but I finally took the Roush on the freeway over Labor day weekend and found some willing drivers. Added some minor mods last month which brought my hp up about 20 and my tq about 12-15 so I should now be right around 380 hp/390 tq. I also took the Roush 3 badge off the back so to the un-trained eye, I look just like another old Mustang and I love it that way. Let me just say these races were very late at night with little traffic so I was not endangering anyone else.

Needless to say, the Roush REALLY excels at highway speeds, much more then the Evo did. 70-100 mph in the Evo took me roughly around 9 seconds, with the Roush it takes about half of that, around 5 seconds. The best race was with an M3, raced him from 80 and I let up about 115 mph a good length and a half ahead of him. Also raced a G35 and an Audi A6 from about 75 to 120'ish but they did not do nearly as well as the M3, beat them with ease.

Anyone else ever race from high speed rolls? they are pretty fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

uke
    Even when I'm all by myself, I usually chicken out by 120 (only been there twice). WAY too much can go wrong at those speeds. My thought process is usually "dude, I'm going 120....dang, better slow down"

I like to do quick punches to 100 once in awhile, though (no traffic around, of course)
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

i raced my friends 350z from 65-120 to prove a point..point was proven ...they are cool..especially with a rex cause were supposed to lose races like that. If I had a car like yours i would always do car hunting on the freeway. good kills
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    No one ever races me. Only two people have ever tried: an SRT-4 and a ridiculously riced out Cavalier. I would have liked to have raced the SRT-4, but it was at a stoplight in a thirty-five mile per hour zone, and he kept revving. It was kind of funny. I didn't bite.

The Cavalier was on the highway, and he pulled up along side of me, punched it, braked, and punched it again. I let him get about a car length on me, and then I pulled probably two bus lengths on him in the next twenty-five miles per hour (65-90).

I'd love to race on the highway, from a stop, wherever. But no one ever seems to eager. Oh well.

Originally posted by zoophagy
    No one ever races me. Only two people have ever tried: an SRT-4 and a ridiculously riced out Cavalier. I would have liked to have raced the SRT-4, but it was at a stoplight in a thirty-five mile per hour zone, and he kept revving. It was kind of funny. I didn't bite.

The Cavalier was on the highway, and he pulled up along side of me, punched it, braked, and punched it again. I let him get about a car length on me, and then I pulled probably two bus lengths on him in the next twenty-five miles per hour (65-90).

I'd love to race on the highway, from a stop, wherever. But no one ever seems to eager. Oh well.
    your car is sorta intimidating, especially on the highway

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    your car is sorta intimidating, especially on the highway
    You've got a point. It'll be even more so now that I have an extremely loud exhaust. But, I mean, I don't even get any Mustangs. I find that kind of odd.

Originally posted by zoophagy
    You've got a point. It'll be even more so now that I have an extremely loud exhaust. But, I mean, I don't even get any Mustangs. I find that kind of odd.

maybe you should try initiating against a vette or something..that could be fun

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    maybe you should try initiating against a vette or something..that could be fun
    It could be, but I am afraid the vast majority of Vettes that I see are old people and more than likely automatics, so they wouldn't really be that great of competition. I saw a 360 Modena a few weeks ago, but when i caught up there was too much traffic. There are a few 911 Turbos that I see from time to time, but they are also old people, so they probably won't race. Oh well. Maybe when I get my cam installed I'll post something in the Mid-Atlantic states and maybe get to race an STi. That's be real fun.