PT Turbo is 10K More??!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on PT Turbo is 10K More??!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just read that the PT Cruiser turbo that debuted at Dream Cruise will be K More than a standard ...

PT Turbo is 10K More??!!

I just read that the PT Cruiser turbo that debuted at Dream Cruise will be $10K More than a standard PT. Holy cow. Does this mean that the Dodge SRT will be as well?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If by SRT you're referring to the Neon SRT-4 available next year, then no, it's not gonna be $10 grand more. In fact the car is gonna be under $20,000 so it's probably gonna steal quite a few WRX customers. In regards to the PT Turbo, if it is 10 grand more, that's just one more reason NOT to buy it

PT Cruiser Turbo?? A hearse on speed!! Honestly, I think they are butt ugly. Definitely aimed at female baby-boomers.

-Pace

Where did you read that the PT Cruiser Turbo will be 10k more? Just curious, my father-in-law would be interested....

PT "Cruiser"... 'cause that what you do in them, and you don't do it very fast.
    -Rob W

02 WRX Sedan 5spd Midnight Black
    --- Mods: Godspeed Uppipe, Blitz SBC-id

01 LS1 Firebird Formula

Yes the PT will have a 215 HP turbo engine. I read it in the latest issue Automobile. By the way, the RT Neoen weighs 3010 LBS and 205 HP.

DREAM CAR: Chrysler unveils new PT Cruiser

August 14, 2002

BY JAMIE BUTTERS
    DETROIT FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

The latest edition of the Chrysler PT Cruiser promises plenty of juice -- by way of its 215-horsepower engine and the exclusive color called tangerine pearl.

Unveiling a new hue for the popular retro-styled wagon at Duggan's Irish Pub in Royal Oak, Mich. is becoming a Woodward Dream Cruise tradition of sorts that started with the Inca gold version last year.

The U.S. arm of DaimlerChrysler AG has sold more than 5,000 of the Dream Cruisers, and hopes to sell 9,500 from the second series. In Europe, they are called Street Cruisers.

As with the Woodward classics that -- as Chrysler brand marketing Vice President Tom Marinelli says -- are worth more than the garages they're parked in, these factory-customized and warrantied versions don't come cheap.

When they hit showrooms early next year, the Dream Cruiser Series 2 will run about $26,500 -- almost $10,000 more than the base model. Options will push it towards the $30,000 mark.

The car features a body-color rear spoiler and 17-inch chrome wheels with tangerine-colored center caps.

The front floor mats are embroidered with the Dream Cruiser logo.

Production will be limited to 7,500 units for North American markets and 2,000 for international markets.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

PT Cruiser is just a neon wagon, when will people get it?

An ugly neon wagon at that.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Originally posted by Schaf100
    If by SRT you're referring to the Neon SRT-4 available next year, then no, it's not gonna be $10 grand more. In fact the car is gonna be under $20,000 so it's probably gonna steal quite a few WRX customers.
    That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. If you don't know a damn thing about cars you might take the SR-T over the WRX...(not you). Not in the same league, not on the same planet...do I need to say more?

I would personally never take the SRT-4 over our cars, but what you have to remember is that it's a $4-6 grand difference, and for some people that's reason enough to go with the neon. Me.... NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!! But don't overlook those things, they're rumored to do 0-60 in 5.9 sec!

I would personally never take the SRT-4 over our cars, but what you have to remember is that it's a $4-6 grand difference, and for some people that's reason enough to go with the neon. Me.... NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!! But don't overlook those things, they're rumored to do 0-60 in 5.9 sec!
    Speed wise, I'd never overlook anything..you never know. However, I think I'd rather spend the extra 4-6K now rather than spend all of it down the road on maintenance and general repairs. They don't exactly have the greatest reliability record STOCK, so how are they going to do with a turbo? Hmm...

But you make a good point. For young kid or someone w/out a lot of disposible income that wants a fast car, it is an option. And I guess when you're 16 and you want a fast car, the Neon SR-T could be appealing. Hey, it'll beat my car if it runs a 5.9!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

The current PT Cruiser "Dream Series" is $23,395 MSRP. So the PT Turbo looks to be only $3k above the current. You can't really compare the base model to the PT Turbo, not very fair. I'm sure the Turbo comes with a lot more features, too.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Originally posted by smokey

But you make a good point. For young kid or someone w/out a lot of disposible income that wants a fast car, it is an option. And I guess when you're 16 and you want a fast car, the Neon SR-T could be appealing. Hey, it'll beat my car if it runs a 5.9!
    And I'll bet the insurance on them will be as much if not more than the WRX for that simple reason. They will be magnets for 16-year olds. Many, many will be crashed and/or stolen.

-Pace

If by SRT you're referring to the Neon SRT-4 available next year, then no, it's not gonna be $10 grand more. In fact the car is gonna be under $20,000 so it's probably gonna steal quite a few WRX customers. In regards to the PT Turbo, if it is 10 grand more, that's just one more reason NOT to buy it
    Not this one, my friend has a neon, and I know well of their death trap tendancies.

The only thing(s) that would make a PT Cruiser cool would be a 350 cu in engine, RWD, hurst shifter, 3" dual exhaust, Cragar mags, and a stock 1/4 mile time in the low 13's.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.