PT Turbo is 10K More??!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on PT Turbo is 10K More??!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I saw a PT-Cruiser concept car somewhere with a Viper V-10 in it, pretty sick..... The car still sucks!...

I saw a PT-Cruiser concept car somewhere with a Viper V-10 in it, pretty sick..... The car still sucks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Blech! I don't like the PT - even if it could haul ass. It's just oogly!

I'm curious, though. What's the weight of the PT?
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by WRXless

I'm curious, though. What's the weight of the PT?
    Dream Series:
    Curb Weight(MT/AT): 3124/3206

Base:
    Curb Weight(MT/AT): 3108/3190

man... it's 500 lbs heavier than the Neon.

Originally posted by smokey

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. If you don't know a damn thing about cars you might take the SR-T over the WRX...(not you). Not in the same league, not on the same planet...do I need to say more?
    Yeah no doubt. I think the guys that will be in the market for a turbo Neon are current NA Neon owners and Civic owners. I know that the WRX isn't a BMW and I don't want it to be, but at the end of the day I'm driving a WRX and not a POS Neon.

So that's why WRX owners won't be jumping on the Neon SRT (or Turbo PT Cruiser).

Aren't the PT and the Neon built on the same platform? Essentially the same vehicles?
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4

Yeah no doubt. I think the guys that will be in the market for a turbo Neon are current NA Neon owners and Civic owners. I know that the WRX isn't a BMW and I don't want it to be, but at the end of the day I'm driving a WRX and not a POS Neon.

So that's why WRX owners won't be jumping on the Neon SRT (or Turbo PT Cruiser).

Aren't the PT and the Neon built on the same platform? Essentially the same vehicles?
    I don't know what to tell you, but SR-T is going to be just about 20 grand, 4 grand less than WRX. Fast is fast, it doesn't matter if it came from a Ford Pinto or a yellow school bus. To tell you the truth , 95% of the neon and civic owners did not buy their perspective cars to run fast. Don't like 2 ricers spoil your perception.
    I can't imagine your attitude with a S4 owner. "Gee wrx is just a cheap wanna be POS"

Post jk147

It's true though. Look at a Dodge Neon vs. a Dodge Viper. They may have the same mfg but they certainly aren't close in build quality or have tbe same R&D by any means. When somebody mentions Neon I think "POS build quality". When somebody mentions Viper I think "nice quailty and fast".

As far as an S4, I could care less. I've owned nothing but VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) products since I've been 15 years old. As a matter of act, I still have a Golf IV (GTI GLS) and let me tell you the suspension is mush and it's all about aesthetics and comfort.

I only recently (May 2001) converted to the Impreza WRX because I had been following the car for an entire year before it debuted here in N.A. I knew that it would be my next car because of the technology in the car's suspension and drivetrain, plus it's quick out of the box.

There's more to a car than just fast. Exactly why an S4 owner could say what they want to about a WRX because the only thing they could really say with validity is that the S4 is more of a luxury car. The WRX doesn't pretend to be one if you know what I mean? On a medium sized road course stock for stock, the cars are about equal. In straight-line acceleration, 0-60 the WRX is faster and about the same in the 1/4.

So there
    Last edited by boosted 4; 08-16-2002 at 11:42 AM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12