my friend wants to race me...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my friend wants to race me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend has a 95 eclipse gst automatic. He has bigger intercooler, intercooler piping, exhaust, boost controller, and a couple ...

my friend wants to race me...

My friend has a 95 eclipse gst automatic. He has bigger intercooler, intercooler piping, exhaust, boost controller, and a couple of free mods. What should he be running? we will race from a stop and from a roll.

ps ill be running the r32.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

he'll probably beat you if you're stock.

I think the R32 will take the auto GST. Those things are slow until heavily modified.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Re: my friend wants to race me...

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    My friend has a 95 eclipse gst automatic. He has bigger intercooler, intercooler piping, exhaust, boost controller, and a couple of free mods. What should he be running? we will race from a stop and from a roll.

peter
    my buddy has the same exact mods on his auto eclipse. I havnt really had a chance to run him, because he is afraid his pride will be hurt if I beat him
    but even from a roll, We will play around on the way to where ever we are going, and everytime he zooms past me at full throttle, I can always catch up and then pass him. (but I am TBE+UP)
    If you are stock, then you have a good chance from a dig, but I would be kinda worried about a rolling race... He might get you uptop.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

From a dig, i think you'll win. From a roll, i think the gs-t will take you due to his mods.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

ARC BOV, TurboXS High Performance MBC @ 15psi, Greddy "small" FMIC, UICP, K&N FPIK, 2.5" downpipe (cat-less), Greddy EVO cat-back, NGK Wires & BPR7ES, S-AFCII

These are the kids mods. What do you guys think. He ran a year ago a 14.7 @ 95mph without the fmic. I dont think the fmic is really doing that great of a job on the stock turbo, so i think i still have a chance from a roll. im not really quite afraid from a stop because with a decent launch, he wont be able to catch up. Plus, i think up high, ill still have the advantage.

I have the exhaust mod done to it, so i have about 5 more hp and 8-10lbs torque than stock... so guessing around 245hp / 245lbs trq... and people with my mod are hitting 14.0's @ 97... a couple of guys have done 13.9's at almost 99mph. I think that i can take him from a roll too.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

you'll win...

its auto, so look up online from a roll where his gearing will be the worst, for a bad DL spot...then go from there

you'll def win, stop for sure, roll closer, but i give him 3/4'ths of a car loss...

leme know how it goes
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

ARC BOV, TurboXS High Performance MBC @ 15psi, Greddy "small" FMIC, UICP, K&N FPIK, 2.5" downpipe (cat-less), Greddy EVO cat-back, NGK Wires & BPR7ES, S-AFCII

These are the kids mods. What do you guys think. He ran a year ago a 14.7 @ 95mph without the fmic. I dont think the fmic is really doing that great of a job on the stock turbo, so i think i still have a chance from a roll. im not really quite afraid from a stop because with a decent launch, he wont be able to catch up. Plus, i think up high, ill still have the advantage.

I have the exhaust mod done to it, so i have about 5 more hp and 8-10lbs torque than stock... so guessing around 245hp / 245lbs trq... and people with my mod are hitting 14.0's @ 97... a couple of guys have done 13.9's at almost 99mph. I think that i can take him from a roll too.
    I thought you were racing in a rex. the top end on the R32 is quite good... I dont think you will have any problems....
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Re: my friend wants to race me...

peter
    Like I said before, I dont think you will have a problem.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

hes still running the t-25....you should have no problems..unless he didn't tell you he upgraded the snail........
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

What exactly is the 'Exhaust Mod'?

there is a flap in the exhaust that is a little restricitive, so you can have it removed to free up a little extra ponies

Quote Originally Posted by scott144
    What exactly is the 'Exhaust Mod'?
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

exhaust mod is an easy free mod. most get a gain of 5hp and 8-10lbs torque. not bad. puts my car to about 245hp and about 245lbs trq.

some other guy just ran a 13.462 with a cai, chip, and this exhaust mod with their r32... so i think i may go ahead and get the cai and chip.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.