Evo MR or STI - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Evo MR or STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YBNormal07 Rebuttal: If it's pushing, you aren't driving it right, IMHO. The front diff takes a different ...

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Rebuttal: If it's pushing, you aren't driving it right, IMHO. The front diff takes a different approach than normal, and needs to be used properly to make the car rotate. I've driven both, and yes, the Evo definitely fells smoother, apexing very nicely. However, exiting a corner is much different in both cars, and IMO, it is easier to accomplish a much higher speed in the STi than the Evo. Since I've yet to be passed or even had an Evo hang with me at a track, my only conclusion to date is the Evo is not as track worthy as the STi, or the Evo drivers need more seat time.

Rebuttal: None. See my statement above only reverse it. The STi drivers did not represent us well at that event. I didn't drive that day, so I really can't complain (eg..put up or shut up). However, if we compare 1/4 mile experiences, again, the STi comes out on top in my experience. Have yet to have a stock Evo come anywhere near me in a race. But again, is that the car or the driver...the never ending story.

For my own 2 cents worth, here is my recommendation on your choice or purchase. Go visit both dealers and ask question about the vehicels, ask for a test drive, and ask about price. Use that impression to make your choice. I can almost guarantee the difference in knowledge and professionalism will make you see the light. Not to mention something I haven't seen yet in this thread....turbo lag. One has it, and one doesn't. Can you guess which one?
    Either one of the cars are NOT drag cars, they are rally cars.
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_04_WRX
    Either one of the cars are NOT drag cars, they are rally cars.
    And your point is? Please note I also discussed both cars on a road course. Also note that NO production car is a "drag" car. It just so happens that some people enjoy dragging their production vehicle. It's not my fault the Evo can't compete with STi on the dragstrip in stock form This is fact, not opinion. It is my opinion that the STi can compete and beat an Evo on the twisties, given equal knowledable drivers, same day, same track. But that is just an opinion. See you in my rear view on the twisties!!!

Now...back on subject. See the threads above, visit the dealerships, get your test drive (good luck on the Evo MR), and make your choice.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123