stock wrx vs. VW passat 1.8 turb. 40mph roll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on stock wrx vs. VW passat 1.8 turb. 40mph roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I came accross my buddy who works at my grandpa's VW dealership, he was driving a brand new passat 1.8 ...

stock wrx vs. VW passat 1.8 turb. 40mph roll

I came accross my buddy who works at my grandpa's VW dealership, he was driving a brand new passat 1.8 turbo, nice car. he was out picking up some of his co-workers me and him did a 40 mph roll i started in 3rd, I pulled him a couple car length up till about 95 then slowed due to mall traffic, I think the 1.8 turbo makes about 190 hp, so were probly making the same at the wheel...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good to know my friend has a vr6 2001 passat which makes the same and thinks he can take me i of course have AP which is good for 265 plus all wheel drive I should destroy him then. LOL
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Re: stock wrx vs. VW passat 1.8 turb. 40mph roll

Originally posted by Sedlmeier101
    I came accross my buddy who works at my grandpa's VW dealership, he was driving a brand new passat 1.8 turbo, nice car. he was out picking up some of his co-workers me and him did a 40 mph roll i started in 3rd, I pulled him a couple car length up till about 95 then slowed due to mall traffic, I think the 1.8 turbo makes about 190 hp, so were probly making the same at the wheel...

nice run
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

If the passat is a stock 1.8T he's making 170hp at the crank. Chipped your looking at about 200ish. Nice car and good run. They excel from the roll.

The new Passat is 170hp stock. I had a 2001.5, and it was a great car. With the exception of the front rotors going out at 16k. It was like an Audi A4 stretched. After 5k or so miles my Passat seemed to open up a bit. Race again after the Passat gets broken in. It will be a little closer.
    2004 WRX

VW does not make a vr6 passat, only a v6, but completely different than the vr6.

Originally posted by Ponm
    VW does not make a vr6 passat, only a v6, but completely different than the vr6.
    Yep, it's a 90 degree V instead of the 15 degree V on the VR6.

VW does not make a vr6 passat, only a v6, but completely different than the vr6
    well yeah the new one has the audi engine my bad, but the older body style had the vr6 in it

Kartboy short shifter

1.8ts dyno at 170 whp with chip

http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic..._02_VW_GTI.htm

check this site out. very intresting dyno results.

http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...graph_main.htm

Alot of wrxs dynoed there too.

Note: seems that they get low numbers.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

that site ^ is crap.. your telling me a 02 wrx makes 170 hp w/ a stage 0 unichip..up pipe.. ect i thought at stock wrx will make 170 at the wheels

ill go for a 30mph roll if ya want

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy
    good to know my friend has a vr6 2001 passat which makes the same and thinks he can take me i of course have AP which is good for 265 plus all wheel drive I should destroy him then. LOL
    good race, results about what i expected...nice job man, and funny to read about a WRX-B5.5 race
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

ill go for a 30mph roll if ya want
    well 2 things: what do you have? a 2001 passat, with mods?
    and another that if i leave it in 1 st you will have no chance but if i shift to 2 nd then you have a much better chance, 30 mph is that kind of a range where you have all of the adventage for a start. But i think thats not the way race should be done, race from a stop and be a man j/k Now racing should be done from a stop other wise there are too many factors that come into play. To be fair I won't launch, how about that?

Kartboy short shifter

iDK man, im down for anything, but obviously from stop would favor you...but its cool, love seein those things take off...but i would be down if you dont launch lol...

and i have a 00 B5 1.8T, every bolt on except FMIC/clutch/flywheel/LSD and T upgrade/rims

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy
    well 2 things: what do you have? a 2001 passat, with mods?
    and another that if i leave it in 1 st you will have no chance but if i shift to 2 nd then you have a much better chance, 30 mph is that kind of a range where you have all of the adventage for a start. But i think thats not the way race should be done, race from a stop and be a man j/k Now racing should be done from a stop other wise there are too many factors that come into play. To be fair I won't launch, how about that?
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Sedlmeier101
    that site ^ is crap.. your telling me a 02 wrx makes 170 hp w/ a stage 0 unichip..up pipe.. ect i thought at stock wrx will make 170 at the wheels
    The site is not crap - it's a Dyno Dynamics (aka 'the heart breaker') - check.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

8urvtec what is your estimate hp?

Kartboy short shifter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast