Racing with my pregnant wife and 3 kids in the car

This is a discussion on Racing with my pregnant wife and 3 kids in the car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just kidding. I dont normally street race too often, but this was scary / funny / sad all at the ...

Racing with my pregnant wife and 3 kids in the car

Just kidding.

I dont normally street race too often, but this was scary / funny / sad all at the same time.

I was just driving along minding my own business when a trans am / firebird came right up on my ass. I looked over and knew it was one of the anniversary editions (ended up being 30th anni with two blue stripes on a white body). It was a nice lookin car and we both came to a stoplight. I knew I was probably going to lose, especially because the road we were on was on a slight downhill. It was going to kill my advantage, but I figured who cares... all in fun.

I launched pretty poorly.. burnt the clutch a bit, but still had a good 1/2 car to car lead. That ended quickly.. hah.. but at about 90 he had maybe 1 1/2 cars. I'm sure on a flat road it would have been much closer. After the race I gave him a wave and went to turn left. He didnt wave back.. just looked at me like an ass. Thats when a cop flew up behind us. He looked at me and looked at him... got behind him and flipped his lights.

I thought for sure he would call in another car and have me pulled over too, so I just got away asap and started driving down side streets until I could get to my house. I would have felt bad for the guy had he not been a prick.

I about sh*t a brick... but it was kinda funny
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

God smiled down on you that day

Say your prayers and eat your peas now.

I was racing with a V6 Camaro. I had my wife (pregnant with twins), 3 kids in the car (all out of car seat), and my 95 yr old grandma all with me. He came up along side and threw me a rev. My 2 yr old that was hanging out the window and flipped the guy off. So i gun it leaving him 6 buslengths behind when my wife shouts your going to miss our exit.

So i cut across the other 4 lanes cutting everyone off and just barley made the exit. Well apparently there was a cop that saw me do this. So he lights me up. I have 6 DUI's, over 20 speeding citations, and a couple wreckless driving convictions and just could not afford another over 130MPH ticket. So i tell my 2 yr old to get a malatov cocktail. He lights it up and flings it back toward the cop. Perfect shot all over this cops hood. I drifted a couple corners to freedom. Got home and smoked a bowl with my 2 yr old. He makes me so proud!

But dont worry all. I asked grandma if it was ok to run first and she was down with it!

Originally posted by skyjock41
    I was racing with a V6 Camaro. I had my wife (pregnant with twins), 3 kids in the car (all out of car seat), and my 95 yr old grandma all with me. He came up along side and threw me a rev. My 2 yr old that was hanging out the window and flipped the guy off. So i gun it leaving him 6 buslengths behind when my wife shouts your going to miss our exit.

So i cut across the other 4 lanes cutting everyone off and just barley made the exit. Well apparently there was a cop that saw me do this. So he lights me up. I have 6 DUI's, over 20 speeding citations, and a couple wreckless driving convictions and just could not afford another over 130MPH ticket. So i tell my 2 yr old to get a malatov cocktail. He lights it up and flings it back toward the cop. Perfect shot all over this cops hood. I drifted a couple corners to freedom. Got home and smoked a bowl with my 2 yr old. He makes me so proud!

But dont worry all. I asked grandma if it was ok to run first and she was down with it!
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

you a good father dude but not as good a dad as tailspin will be....
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by adam3482p
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

HAHA.. that's the best kill story ever! But, you sure it wasn't the grandma flipping him off or was she busy opening your beer!

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.

It was funny. Especially the part about your beating the Camaro BECAUSE CAMAROS CANNOT LOSE!

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

nice
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

This one time I threw my grandma out of the car because she was adding too much weight.. I barely won the race, thanks grandma

you can at least have the decency to get baby 4-pt harness if you are gonna race with children
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

Originally posted by express_wagon
    you can at least have the decency to get baby 4-pt harness if you are gonna race with children
    No way dude...they make great cushions.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    No way dude...they make great cushions.

RN
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke