Contour...WTH???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Contour...WTH???? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by illusion It was pretty nice looking also, the body kit on it looked good, and the twin ...

Originally posted by illusion
    It was pretty nice looking also, the body kit on it looked good, and the twin pipes looked like they belonged on it.
    Thats because it comes that way stock.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by DTR rex
    SVT contours are pretty nice cars.... they stopped making them because they were the biggest POS's and fell apart easily, but the idea behind them was very cool.

the 98' contour had 200hp and something like 230tq. It had pretty good top end because of the highly tuned V6 and the trans was not bad at all. They normally would run anywhere from a 14.8-15.3 depending on the driver. It could definatly give a stock rex a run for its money from a roll, but he must have been VERY modded to keep up with a catless rex with AP. you are probably running mid 13's easily. for him to stay a few cars back, he was probably a low 14sec car..... which was very possible with these.

my uncles friend had one with some handling mods (handled very well) and other mods were (short throw, catback, headers, pulleys, and wheels) I cant remember what his best run was, but some of his runs were 14.6 and 14.4. So if this guy was running those mods with a shot of nitrous that would explain it... I also think there may have been a s/c put out for the car
    I see SVT Contours out autocrossing FAR more often than drag racing.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I Support ClubWRX
    Buddy of mine had a CSVT. Pretty nice car. Handled well, and yes, the exhaust sounds incredible! They're pretty fast for what they are, but there aren't many options for going faster in that car...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

One day my wife and I were driving around shopping for a couch and we pass like 4 or 5 SVT contours on different roads but didn't think much of it for a while. I guess they were having a meet or something because just before my exit I'm basically surrounded by them. The stockest looking one of them was in front and the rest were behind. I was in 4th around 3500rpms when I see carbon from his exhaust. Since my wife was there I just stayed in 4th and we were dead even for the short run that we had. And I had the A/C on. My wife wasn't too thrilled but all I could think was **** I should've went to 3rd.

Originally posted by MidKnight
    Buddy of mine had a CSVT. Pretty nice car. Handled well, and yes, the exhaust sounds incredible! They're pretty fast for what they are, but there aren't many options for going faster in that car...
    There are more than you think......http://www.shoshop.com/
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by renichms
    I see SVT Contours out autocrossing FAR more often than drag racing.

RN
    I dunno, probably.... but what does that have to do with the info and times I posted??? The guy never autocrossed it. He only modded for the hell of it and wasnt really into the car scene that much.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR rex
    I dunno, probably.... but what does that have to do with the info and times I posted??? The guy never autocrossed it. He only modded for the hell of it and wasnt really into the car scene that much.
    Just that drag racing is great and all but that isn't the application I see most of them in. Their setup is better for autocross.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    Just that drag racing is great and all but that isn't the application I see most of them in. Their setup is better for autocross.

RN
    ok.... I agree
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hey, this is JonnySVT, the guy wo's old post you linked to a couple posts up. I am good friends with Psychoskip here and plan on helping him with his car a lot. He told me about this thread and I thought it was interesting in the least.

You're in San Jose? Did this take place in San Jose? Chances are I may know who this was. I know of one guy that lives around here that has a black SVT with catless everything that just recently did a 3L swap.....this would match your description, but he has not been able to beat MY times at the track with his setup, he's not the greatest driver I guess....the street is always a different story, but you did go from a dig.....you know what, come to think of it, I know another guy that actuallu lives in San Jose with a 3L but not sure of the color of his car, this was most likely him though.

On a side note, whomever said the SVTs had 200hp and 230tq is very ill informed...a 2.5L V6 could not produce that much torque N/A if it wanted to. And no they are not POSs either.....

I'll try to dfind out who it was for sure though, bye now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12