Vette vs. Stage2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vette vs. Stage2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anybody run a late model stock Corvette (No Z's) with thier Stage 2 Rex? Just curious Shotgun...

Vette vs. Stage2

Anybody run a late model stock Corvette (No Z's) with thier Stage 2 Rex?

Just curious

Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    I would think it would still be lights out for the WRX...

Dont stock vettes run low 13s, high 12s??
    2003 SRT-4

on street tires with no prep, low 13's in either transmission im guessing. but i ate one up when i was stock with DP and he came catching by the beginning of 3rd gear. that was on the street with a somewhat gas station like surface you know. i bogged it once and i got to see how bad he spun. he spun and caught and spun again in the same gear it seemed. def. gonna be over though if it is a comprable driver in the vette and the subaru is anything short of a stage 2+. thats from a dig. roll=different story

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    I mean, with all of the stockish ls1 z28s I see running high 12s, and the vettes weigh a couple hundred lbs less...
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Vette vs. Stage2

Originally posted by ShotgunTC88
    Anybody run a late model stock Corvette (No Z's) with thier Stage 2 Rex?

Just curious

Shotgun
    things are not looking good for you. I "played" with a vette in my 02' 5mt rex. mods were turboback, UP, MBC @ 15.5psi. We both kinda hit it at the same time from about low speed. I got the jump (i think he was trying to get traction) and he pulled a bit on me and we held "pretty" close for a while. I was less than a car back, but as we went faster he would have continued to pull on me... I am pretty sure it was auto BTW.

I mean, from a dig, you have a pretty good chance, because the majority of vette drivers cant handle their car and spin pretty bad. but car vs car, he will be faster as long as you are on stock turbo.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

if you raced from a dig to about 95 or so you could beat him. The C5s run pretty consistant 13s in real world situations. I think one of the magazines ran a 13.6 with one. You never see them run 12s bone stock at least not at the tracks by me. My brother ran one with his wrx and my brother ran a 13.9 the vette ran a 14.0. That vette ran those same times over and over. That was when the wrx first came out and the people in the stands were all shocked. If you are stage two and your car is running strong, pushing low 13s in the 1/4 you have a chance to beat him from a dig through the 1/4 mile. It would be a drivers race. From a roll don't bother.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Well, My best friend has an 02 convert. and I borrow it now and again and it feels strong as hell!

He is always fkn with me (Jokin) that he can smoke me but will only run on the X-Way from a roll if we go.

I know he's to chicken to go past 140mph so I figure if I got the jump I might hold im off.

Otherwise I really think he would hand me my ass and NEVER let me live it down.

One good thing though.........I do the maintenance on it for im...<GGGG>

One plug wire and bingo!

LOL!

Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

Stage 2 rex vs. C5 vette is probably going to mean the vette is going to win. Takes some mods to put a WRX in low 13s.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    Stage 2 rex vs. C5 vette is probably going to mean the vette is going to win. Takes some mods to put a WRX in low 13s.
    Im pretty sure a stage 2 wrx is a low 13 second car with a good driver. I have seen people run 13.1s with a stage 2. Seems like a stage 2 wrx is a consistant low 13 second car with a good driver. As is the same with a C5 vette. Its a drivers race from a dig. I don't know why you are saying it takes quite a bit of mods to run low 13s in a wrx. Stage 2 = low 13s
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Originally posted by elohdaeh78
    Im pretty sure a stage 2 wrx is a low 13 second car with a good driver. I have seen people run 13.1s with a stage 2. Seems like a stage 2 wrx is a consistant low 13 second car with a good driver. As is the same with a C5 vette. Its a drivers race from a dig. I don't know why you are saying it takes quite a bit of mods to run low 13s in a wrx. Stage 2 = low 13s
    Ok.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

i have ran one both on the freeway and at the strip with my stage 2 computer but stock turbo, and beat both. but thats at 17.6psi.

it is easy to put a wrx in the high 12s low 13s, exhaust stage 2 intake, and a good driver should do it

Quote Originally Posted by shvdwrx
    it is easy to put a wrx in the high 12s low 13s, exhaust stage 2 intake, and a good driver should do it
    Low 13's yes....high 12's no.

On average with decent drivers

Stage 2 WRX's run 13.3s - 13.6s
    LS1 Vettes run - 12.9s - 13.5s -

I went to a Corvette Event and almost all the stock LS1 Vettes ran in the 13s. So a well driven Stage 2 WRX could definately beat an LS1 Vette in a 1/4 mile race. But the advantage is definately in the Vettes favor.

I personally ran 13.3 @ 100mph in my Stage 2 WRX. I beat several of C5 Vettes and LS1 Fbody's with a stage 2 setup. At our local 1/8 mile, I beat pretty much every stock LS1 I ever raced in my Stage 2.

Forget the magazine racing, my father has a C5, and you will not win with only stage 2 unless the driver screws up the launch. You may get the jump, but even an auto C5 will reel you in really quickly, like while you are in 3rd gear. And it's worth noting that my Cobb stage 2 was slightly faster than a friend's TXS stage 2.

I have been tracking my car's abilities compared to his stock vette since I've had it. It took stage 4 plus TMIC to be able to stay out in front of him. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the 1 1/2 cars I'm ahead at 90 - 95mph now. We've never gone above that so I can't tell you what would happen.

We switched cars and have gotten similar results so it's not the driver's. We appear equal.
    My transmission hates me. So does my wife because of this car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.