Vette vs. Stage2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Vette vs. Stage2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Race from the dig to 90. Take the win and move on. Don't race from a roll or anything higher. ...

Race from the dig to 90. Take the win and move on.
    Don't race from a roll or anything higher. Its not going to be pretty
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunTC88
    Anybody run a late model stock Corvette (No Z's) with thier Stage 2 Rex?

Just curious

Shotgun
    We talking 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile...from a roll or what?

Id be willing to say that there are a higher percentage of squid (bad drivers) vette owners compared to wrx drivers. But, if we're assuming both are great drivers:

from a roll, dont bother
    1/8 mile you should have him
    1/4 mile could go either way, but the v8 has the upper hand

Just curious....

highest ive seen a stage 2 (full exhaust, bc or reflash) rex trap is 103....any one seen higher? what do stock vette's trap?

Smile

My best stage II times are in my sig, and I've only been able to hold off C5's up through somewhere in 3rd gear on the street when going from a dig. Don't know if they were stock, however. Haven't run one at the track, or from a roll, however. I've made a few look foolish at the autocross, however...

Keep in mind that just because a Stage II *can* run a 13.3, doesn't mean that it or the driver will do so consistently. I don't launch at 4500 rpm at every stoplight race... (probably why my stock clutch is still "okay" at 75,000 miles). I would have a difficult time saying that WRX drivers are more capable with their cars than C5 drivers. You never know which one will have a squid behind the wheel...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

As for which driver's being more competent, I wouldn't say either because it takes some skill to drive both. The rex has to ALWAYS be in the right gear or at the right RPM or you're screwed and the vette's traction problems make it a hand full at lower speeds so it's a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    As for which driver's being more competent, I wouldn't say either because it takes some skill to drive both. The rex has to ALWAYS be in the right gear or at the right RPM or you're screwed and the vette's traction problems make it a hand full at lower speeds so it's a toss up.

Well I wasnt meaning that the wrx is easier or requires less skill to drive well. Without a proper launch, its nothing. All I was saying is that it seems the majority of wrx drivers I encounter have mods and are interested in racing, whereas something like 80% of corvettes sold are auto, and most are middle-aged men who never get on it.

But its true, you never know who you're up against.

Still curious as to what a stock C5 traps...

Quote Originally Posted by ervv173
    Well I wasnt meaning that the wrx is easier or requires less skill to drive well. Without a proper launch, its nothing. All I was saying is that it seems the majority of wrx drivers I encounter have mods and are interested in racing, whereas something like 80% of corvettes sold are auto, and most are middle-aged men who never get on it.

But its true, you never know who you're up against.

Still curious as to what a stock C5 traps...

Around 105mph
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

My dad owns a 2002 corvette convertible auto and any corvette you are racing from a roll and has trouble getting traction is NOT an auto even with traction control off from a roll it wont spin well atleast from like a 20 mph roll or so. but then again its a convertible a little slower than coupes so i dunno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12