r32 vs. evo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on r32 vs. evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was going to go eat at a restaurant when i saw an evo all of a sudden going down ...

r32 vs. evo

i was going to go eat at a restaurant when i saw an evo all of a sudden going down the same street i was, instead of turning off, i stayed on the highway and got next to him in a dual left turn lane. Anyhow, i had the outside while he had the inside lane. He was alone in his car while i had my friend and my brother. Light turns green and i see him get off slowly, at this point so do i, and he just goes at it while he made a closed left turn and i made a bit of a wide turn. I too floored it when i saw him go, but i had stupid esp go off and my power was reduced for a second, he gets about 2 cars ahead of me in the straight away and he is still flooring it. We were dead even with him having about a 2 car lead to about 80mph, when all of a sudden i started to gain on him. To about 110mph i had closed my gap to about 1 car length. He at this point started to slow down and got into another turn lane to get off.

I was really amazed that my car started to pull the evo. The v6 must really help up high, i guess. The evo driver looks like one of those mid 30's enthusiasts. I was quite amazed at the run.

peter

p.s. it was the day before labor day, and the 'highway' where i was at was pretty much empty. There was seriously not even a car in front of me, or by me, other than the evo. I know its dangerous.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not surprised to hear you pulled on an Evo between 80 and 110 in your R. Nice job.

nice race man...woulda been cool to see what wo0ulda happened from a stop!
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

i don't know how it would have gone. They are about 3mph faster than an r32 and about a 1/2-1 full second in the quarter... but i think from a roll its closer because of v6 power.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

my stock VR6 would stay with a WRX pretty well from a roll even though they would crush me from a stop...don't you have a button to turn the ESP off? I remeber I could turn the traction control off and on with a button on the dash on my 01 VR6.

yup i do have an esp button. i think its pretty cool, i have awd and an esp button, unlike wrx. but, the r32 is not all time awd, just whenever it looses traction, so i guess we need add traction control.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    i don't know how it would have gone. They are about 3mph faster than an r32 and about a 1/2-1 full second in the quarter... but i think from a roll its closer because of v6 power.

but then again u had 3 people in the car (including yourself) while it was only him.

good race though

good run. I am not suprised to hear this though. From what I am told, the top end on the R32 is really good and the V6 keeps making torque throughout the whole powerband. It would have been really interesting to see how the race would have gone if you didnt have extra people, and if you started at the same time.
    I am predicting you would have put a car length or so on him by 100mph
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

my car is in the shop. apparently there was this leak and screwed up my clutch and some parts in the tranny, luckily for me, they realized this and everything is under warranty. When i get it out, i will definately look for evo's and see exectly how my car handles up high. Im probably gonna get a chip and intake in the next couple of months, so at least ill now for sure ill have a better chance than stock up against one of those beasts.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.