my WRX vs. STI

This is a discussion on my WRX vs. STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 04 subaru wrx with an hks intake, hks downpipe, injen up pipe, hks exhaust, ecutek ecu (done ...

Thumbs up my WRX vs. STI

I have a 04 subaru wrx with an hks intake, hks downpipe, injen up pipe, hks exhaust, ecutek ecu (done by easy street), tein coilovers with edfc, charge speed v2 bodykit made of light weight fiberglass, and a blitz blow off valve, and a greddy turbo timer, would i be able to beat a stock STI?
    IM about to get an APS turbo upgrade that will give me 440 horsepower by itself plus a perrin front mount intercooler plus all my other mods. could anyone guess a quarter mile time?
    what do people think? is this to fast? will the tranny get messed up? how fast would that be does anyone have a car that is as fast as mine will be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    ok well you get all that and post pics and then we'll answer your questions...

cause it would seem to me that anyone who had enough $$ to spend on those actual parts would know a little more about what they're gonna do to the car...
    2003 SRT-4

Re: my WRX vs. STI

Originally posted by SWAP320
    I have a 04 subaru wrx with an hks intake, hks downpipe, injen up pipe, hks exhaust, ecutek ecu (done by easy street), tein coilovers with edfc, charge speed v2 bodykit made of light weight fiberglass, and a blitz blow off valve, and a greddy turbo timer, would i be able to beat a stock STI?
    IM about to get an APS turbo upgrade that will give me 440 horsepower by itself plus a perrin front mount intercooler plus all my other mods. could anyone guess a quarter mile time?
    what do people think? is this to fast? will the tranny get messed up? how fast would that be does anyone have a car that is as fast as mine will be?
    first of props on the coilovers. hope you like them. and second, as of right now you will not out run a stock sti. if you do, it is soley based on the driver.
    Which APS turbo are you planning on buying? i imagine it could be the sr50, but im leaning towards the sr40, am i right? are you betting on 40 to the wheels or crank? buy APS or TurboXS frount mount. ive heard iffy things about the BOV being on the wrong side of the piping giving whats called turbo flutter. but this was on sti's. anywho, judging by what little i know of you, yes the tranny will be at risk. its just going to depend on how frequently and aggressively you drive and launch the car. you should be pulling of mid 12's on pump gas. and low 12's on high octane. again im not sure which turbo you are talking about.
    and yes, there are more than a few guys on the forums with bigger, faster setups, including myself that will be able to give you good advice. just make sure you have a good tuner.
    Last edited by POLAR; 09-06-2004 at 01:09 AM.

how fast would that be does anyone have a car that is as fast as mine will be?
    that would be the fast.

And no, no one.

2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.

IM about to get an APS turbo upgrade that will give me 440 horsepower by itself
    No turbo will give you 440 horsepower by itself. You should probably do a little research before you commit to buying anything. It will save you a lot of money, time and hassel in the future.

does anyone have a car that is as fast as mine will be?
    I do.