prelude vs wrx - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on prelude vs wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by VTC_CiViC A 5G Lude running 14.6 with just I/H/E?!? Was this track pointed downhill or something? That's ...

Originally posted by VTC_CiViC
    A 5G Lude running 14.6 with just I/H/E?!? Was this track pointed downhill or something? That's easily a few tenths faster than 99% of bolt-on 5G's are pulling throughout the country..
    Crazy right? Lemme explain, it was 50ish degrees outside and everything was perfect. They launched at 5k (which takes ALOT of practice to perfect). Basically, you have to launch perfectly to get that 2.2 in order to get that run that you want... everything else is shifting at 8k as fast as you can.

-Albert

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

vtc_civic

your mostly right about the times being alittle bit low with i/h/e but its just that people with prelude's cannot launch or launch very well...when my prelude was stock, i hit 14.85 and consistantly hitting high 14.9-15.2...after i/h/e obd2 workaround...i was hitting 14.5-14.8 consistantly....then after pulley/lsd/clutch/flywheel/shortshifter/tires/cams/vafc im consistantly hitting 13.7-14.1 with the best of 13.57...when i compare my numbers with similar modded prelude's, my times are considerably lower and my conclusion to that is because they do not know how to launch...launching is everything in this car...i guess most people do not want to abuse their transmission so maybe thats why they only rev up to 3 rpm and slip the clutch but since this is my beater car i abuse it pretty bad by reving to 5.5 rpm and slipping the clutch....peace

Re: vtc_civic

Originally posted by supralude
    your mostly right about the times being alittle bit low with i/h/e but its just that people with prelude's cannot launch or launch very well...when my prelude was stock, i hit 14.85 and consistantly hitting high 14.9-15.2...after i/h/e obd2 workaround...i was hitting 14.5-14.8 consistantly....then after pulley/lsd/clutch/flywheel/shortshifter/tires/cams/vafc im consistantly hitting 13.7-14.1 with the best of 13.57...when i compare my numbers with similar modded prelude's, my times are considerably lower and my conclusion to that is because they do not know how to launch...launching is everything in this car...i guess most people do not want to abuse their transmission so maybe thats why they only rev up to 3 rpm and slip the clutch but since this is my beater car i abuse it pretty bad by reving to 5.5 rpm and slipping the clutch....peace
    w3rd.

Hey supralude, those are awesome times. What did you trap at 13.57?

-Albert

blis

here are my times...

60=2.13
    1/8=8.91
    1/4=13.57 trapping at 103.62

I agree with supralude. I had a 97 prelude sh. I consider myself a fairly decent driver, but not expert. I found this car harder to launch than other cars that I have owned. It was easy to start hopping around if you didn't get it just right. Once you got going, though, the transmission was very smooth.

Yep, prelude is really tricky to launch. I have seen a really good prelude driver with I/H/E out run CL-S and new maximas.

bliss,

is that icon from warcraft3?

Was the Maxima modded? I heard the Maxima's were pretty quick.

i have YET to lose to a Honda.....ANY Honda.....i know there are some super modded H's out there that can put me down......but i havent found them yet *believe me i look!* now a Maxima gave me a run the other night......modded for sure....but a run nonetheless....however, same ole story, same ole songanddance......WRX with a few mods wins...bring it guys...i can lose with poise and style......just hasnt happened YET!!! *grins*
    friend to all
    DML

5th Gen Preludes are heavy sleds. But good kill nonetheless. My friend has a Lude with a Jackson Racing supercharger. It's decently quick, but I still beat him by about 2-3 cars everytime we race.

The Base 5th Gen isn't that much heavier than the stock WRX. I am surprised you can pull the Supercharged 5th Gen by 2 to 3 lenghts. Not calling BS by any means, but what are your mods?

Re: vtc_civic

Originally posted by supralude
    HEHE tell me about it especially in an auto like mine
    I love the lude as a daily driver it's comfortable well built
    but my stock auto lude has no hope against a WRX

Originally posted by KCLude01
    The Base 5th Gen isn't that much heavier than the stock WRX. I am surprised you can pull the Supercharged 5th Gen by 2 to 3 lenghts. Not calling BS by any means, but what are your mods?
    I have a VF30 turbo upgrade, fuel system upgrade (STi injectors, Supra TT pump, Perrin rail, SARD FPR) Full 3" catless turbo back exhaust, uppipe, AVC-R and a S-AFC, and a few other things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12