Could i Beat a STI
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Could i Beat a STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 04 subaru wrx with an hks intake, hks downpipe, injen up pipe, hks exhaust, ecutek ecu (done ...

Thumbs up Could i Beat a STI

I have a 04 subaru wrx with an hks intake, hks downpipe, injen up pipe, hks exhaust, ecutek ecu (done by easy street), tein coilovers with edfc, charge speed v2 bodykit made of light weight fiberglass, and a blitz blow off valve, and a greddy turbo timer, would i be able to beat a stock STI?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    doubtful
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Could i Beat a STI

Originally posted by SWAP320
    I have a 04 subaru wrx with an hks intake, hks downpipe, injen up pipe, hks exhaust, ecutek ecu (done by easy street), tein coilovers with edfc, charge speed v2 bodykit made of light weight fiberglass, and a blitz blow off valve, and a greddy turbo timer, would i be able to beat a stock STI?
    If you can drive well, then I think you could put up a good fight from a dig.... but not win. A well driven STI is good for about 13.1 where as you pretty much need an upgraded turbo to run that with a wrx. and From a roll you are going to get owned.... but I think you could "keep up" pretty well from a dig
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

It would be a close race. You have almost the same hp, and your car weighs less. Stage 2 WRX's with similar mods get 200-215 hp at the dyno near me, and STi's get 220 hp.
    Edit: removed "much"
    Last edited by McBain; 09-06-2004 at 01:25 AM.

then if i was running 460 hp with an APS turbo and a Perrin front mount intercooler what quarter mile time do you think id have? those are my next two upgrades along with grand turismo brembos

grand turismo brembos! what bank did you rob?! TEIN with EDFC too!?! geez man. you certainly dont accept any substitutes. but with 460bhp you will run 12's easy.
    and the wrx doesnt way much less at all. i was under the impression stis were only 3260 lbs or something.

Unless you are a very good driver. If you want to kill STI's take a look at Midnights and 13sec setups. But be careful of racing STI's. You might meet up with dizastical's sti. Search for these guys and you will be amazed.

From what i have noticed a stage 2 wrx can run pretty even with a stock STI. Yeah sure you can run a 13.1 with a stock STI, but how often do you see that? 1/1000. I have seen plenty of STI's running low 14s high 13s. I also saw a few guys with stage 2 setup wrx's run low 13s, i know 1 guy ran a 13.1. I think the cars are basically even at that point and its a drivers race.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Actaully there are a few people on this board who have run 13.1-13.3s. Average is about mid 13s for a stock STi.

I think the turbo timer and the body kit will put you over the top. A definate win for you!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

cef
    Why didn't you just buy an STi to begin with, instead of putting all that money in your 04 WRX?
    04 STI

Originally posted by cef
    Why didn't you just buy an STi to begin with, instead of putting all that money in your 04 WRX?
    = stupid question

Originally posted by cef
    Gee well lets see.........for 18k (price for my WRX) and another 3k in mods and im pulling away from your STI.

His case.....say he paid 25k at worst plus his 3k in mods....same outcome.

Figure in insurance, gas, payment amounts, other expenses.

Dont get me wrong.....the STI has more potential but some people cant afford a 30k car.

cef
    I see your point. I bought my STi used at well under 30 thou, and thankfully my insurance is pretty much the same, from my 03 wrx.
    04 STI

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Gee well lets see.........for 18k (price for my WRX) and another 3k in mods and im pulling away from your STI.

His case.....say he paid 25k at worst plus his 3k in mods....same outcome.

Figure in insurance, gas, payment amounts, other expenses.

Dont get me wrong.....the STI has more potential but some people cant afford a 30k car.
    That was my problem. I really wanted an STI and i was set on getting one, but my car at the time died on me and i didn't have enough money to get my payments down. The sticker on my WRX was 6k less then the STI and my WRX was loaded with heated seats, power moonroof etc etc. The insurance on the STI was a good amount more and at the time i didn't have the money to afford an STI. I figured for the 6k dollar price difference i could get my WRX just as fast as an STI and make it look really nice. Sure the WRX does not have the potential of an STI but a low 13 second car is as fast as i need to go.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast