Could i Beat a STI - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Could i Beat a STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=75544 That pretty much solves this whole debate....

Wife's Stg 2 WRX vs My New STI

That pretty much solves this whole debate.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 09-07-2004 at 04:41 AM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

worst thread ever. I've read about 2 actually valid facts on this entire thing, and nobody here is speaking from experience... "well, if you had a size 11 left shoe you could probably out clutch him and make more torque at 1000 RPM which woudl definatley let you win, but only if you can drift in order to escape the cops..."

How about this for an answer...it's a driver's race and anything can happen on the street. I should be faster than an STi but I've lost to stock STi's several times. I've also beaten the sh!t out of them...go figure.

Don't feed the trolls,

~Tim

Re: Re: I BEAT IT

Originally posted by wrxinfx
    I had an 04 rex and had everything mapped out to make it a contender. After adding up all the cost of making it close to being an STI, I ended up just trading it in and getting the STI. Different type of power delivery, although not totally different type of car. After doing the math, and adding it to the purchase price of my premium edition 04 rex, it was cheaper to just get the STI. Just imagine the cost of the 6 speed and the dccd control, and not to mention the rims and tires. No regrets. And after all that reading up on how fast I could've gotten with my stage 4 rex... minus turbo upgrade..... i'd rather stick to my sti. But I do understand how one wants to upgrade the car himself to make it ..."better than the others"... but think of it this way.... you can always upgrade the STI to make it better and faster than the others.
    To sum your post up... WORD! ;-) I did the exact same thing. A list of upgrades VS a new STi... I got the STi. Though taking it up the poop shoot with an 04 car trade in kind of hurt LOL.

...and as for this guy... tool! :-/ Running from the po po isn't something to be proud of. Could have been an accident around the bend. Where is Darwin when you need him.

-Eric-

thanks

thanks for all your replies. but i didn't think this was a trash talking forum. everyday i see wrx's and sti's and everyday if i can i say what's up to them i do . i have love for everyone with SUBARU'S if this was a true subaru forum we would be giving props to eachother instead of talking ****. maybe my car isnt as fast as an STI but i beat one so i can say atleast im a better driver than the other guy. it was a close race so who knows. and really im just trying to learn more about my car so there's no need for you PROFESSIONALS to put me down.
    modded WRX Vs. STI (with blow off valve)
    accomplished and waiting for more

Re: thanks

Originally posted by SWAP320
    thanks for all your replies. but i didn't think this was a trash talking forum. everyday i see wrx's and sti's and everyday if i can i say what's up to them i do . i have love for everyone with SUBARU'S if this was a true subaru forum we would be giving props to eachother instead of talking ****. maybe my car isnt as fast as an STI but i beat one so i can say atleast im a better driver than the other guy. it was a close race so who knows. and really im just trying to learn more about my car so there's no need for you PROFESSIONALS to put me down.
    modded WRX Vs. STI (with blow off valve)
    accomplished and waiting for more
    I dont think its as much about you beating an STI, its more or less the fact that half what you said was irrelevent to the story, and the other half was BS. All that crap about the sti not being as good because its tuned by STI?????? that holds nothing here on this board. there is so much more to the car than that.

Its like saying that you would rather buy a V6 mustang than a V8, because with the V6 you can "build it up, and tune it yourself".... thats a bunch of crap... they are 2 different animals.
    same situation goes for buying a GT stang vs a s/c cobra... the GT is better, because the cobra is tuned by SVT
    just doenst make sense man. and it makes you sound like you dont know what you are talking about.

just a little friendly advice
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Tim....

....I only speak from experience

....thank you

Oh ..Hijack...when are you getting your car back ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

/necessary hijack:

I know you speak from experience, I was more refering to Mr. Fujiwara (initial D reference) who thinks he is teh drift mastAr!!1

as far as me getting my car back, I think it'll probably be another couple of weeks due to gruppe-s not shipping the proper parts that go with my heads...there is a triangular plate that seals an O ring onto the intake cams, and those plates are not there, without the plates....oil goes everywhere and cams dry up...Kaboom.

So basically, as soon as the necessary parts are in, give Rich a little over a week to get it together...could be this weekend, could be 3 weeks from now. Hopefully sooner than later, I wanna break this thing in so I can really romp on it.

Speaking of motors, how's your car doing? Did you get it all put back together nicely? Dyno it? Numbers/butt dyno feelings, lets here some details about the frankenstein ej257

not yet...

I'm not surw whats goin on but I have given up on calling...I'll just wait patiently...I got my stock heads ported, which made more sense then just putting them back on stock...so I guess that will take a little longer.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

good move, you'll be happy you don't have to screw around with that in the future now that they'll flow a little bit more. It's always something though, just hang in there, find a friend with a really slow car so when you get in yours it'll feel fast again

Re: I BEAT IT

Originally posted by SWAP320
    I BEAT IT i met up with one of my friends friend's STI in Los Angeles if anyone was in LA around 2 oclock today they might of seen a white STI trailing behind a charge speed V2 WRX. i was up by barely 1/4 of a car. and there was a cop on the side of the road with his hands up screaming at us with his hands up to slow down. did we slow down? **** no i was ahead i drifted around a few corners then into my garage.
    WOW! Not only are you fast, you're furious too!
    <Ryan>
    '00 Silverthorn Metallic 2.5 RS
    '04 San Remo Red WRX Wagon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123