Could i Beat a STI - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Could i Beat a STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Even in a stock WRX if you race an STi enough times eventually you will win. The other guy will ...

Even in a stock WRX if you race an STi enough times eventually you will win. The other guy will screw up sooner or later.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I think I need to go find a STi on the road tonight... for comparasin purposes...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

i basically have the same set up

Helix Up/down pipes
    Ecutek

NO you shouldnt be able to handle a STI. My friends is bone stock and he still beats me from start to finish. They have to much torque, you need a new turbo to beat one.

its a cool matchup, but yea gearing in the STi is great, and it is a genuine 13.1 car. A stage II is not... a few tenths off.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Think STi has better top-end pull... stage 2 WRX traps anywhere from 98-102mph.

My first sti kill was when I had 250whp and 230 wh/tq...

I killed it form a roll...like 3-4 cars...no lie

That was on a basic stage 4 w/vf 22 and stock tmic...

You will be close...from a dig though you would lose..you have a better chance from a roll...sti's are nastier from a dig...better clutch and they seem to launch a little better.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 13secwrx

You will be close...from a dig though you would lose..you have a better chance from a roll...sti's are nastier from a dig...better clutch and they seem to launch a little better.
    you think so???

I was thinking that due to the larger amount of HP and TQ, not to mention SUPURB gearing compared to a 5MT rex, he would have a much better chance from a dig..... STI top end tends to be WAY better than a stageII rex.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I BEAT IT

I BEAT IT i met up with one of my friends friend's STI in Los Angeles if anyone was in LA around 2 oclock today they might of seen a white STI trailing behind a charge speed V2 WRX. i was up by barely 1/4 of a car. and there was a cop on the side of the road with his hands up screaming at us with his hands up to slow down. did we slow down? **** no i was ahead i drifted around a few corners then into my garage.
    oh and for all those asking why i didnt buy an STI. the reason being is that i wanted everything to be tuned by me not STI. if you are a true enthusiast you would of got a WRX and make it more custom than any STI considering you STI owners have a car TUNED BY STI. i spent 10000 less than you guys including my upgrades. but i have love for anyone with a subaru. i originally wanted an STI but realized that i want mine to be MINE.
    THanks for all the replies

Re: I BEAT IT

Originally posted by SWAP320
    I BEAT IT i met up with one of my friends friend's STI in Los Angeles if anyone was in LA around 2 oclock today they might of seen a white STI trailing behind a charge speed V2 WRX. i was up by barely 1/4 of a car. and there was a cop on the side of the road with his hands up screaming at us with his hands up to slow down. did we slow down? **** no i was ahead i drifted around a few corners then into my garage.
    oh and for all those asking why i didnt buy an STI. the reason being is that i wanted everything to be tuned by me not STI. if you are a true enthusiast you would of got a WRX and make it more custom than any STI considering you STI owners have a car TUNED BY STI. i spent 10000 less than you guys including my upgrades. but i have love for anyone with a subaru. i originally wanted an STI but realized that i want mine to be MINE.

indeed............

STI is not just a "tuned" up wrx. Its a completely different animal. the STI has a lot of potential and is hardly limited by what the factory tunes it to.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I had an 04 rex and had everything mapped out to make it a contender. After adding up all the cost of making it close to being an STI, I ended up just trading it in and getting the STI. Different type of power delivery, although not totally different type of car. After doing the math, and adding it to the purchase price of my premium edition 04 rex, it was cheaper to just get the STI. Just imagine the cost of the 6 speed and the dccd control, and not to mention the rims and tires. No regrets. And after all that reading up on how fast I could've gotten with my stage 4 rex... minus turbo upgrade..... i'd rather stick to my sti. But I do understand how one wants to upgrade the car himself to make it ..."better than the others"... but think of it this way.... you can always upgrade the STI to make it better and faster than the others.

Ok i want to take back my defense for this guy.

1. He beats STI's with just EM and exhaust....ya ok.
    2. He got a WRX so "he" could tune it but uses ECUtek??????
    3. He's apparently tha DON of drifts with the top down screaming money aint a thing, dodgin the five O.

synopsis = tool.

he's full of poo if he's claiming his car can break off a STI with Pipes, Ecutek and the other non factor mods he had: CAI ect

poo poo, he's lying to the wrong crowd

Originally posted by HBPUNK
    he's full of poo if he's claiming his car can break off a STI with Pipes, Ecutek and the other non factor mods he had: CAI ect

poo poo, he's lying to the wrong crowd
    You're assuming the STi driver is awesome. A stage 2 WRX can run a 13.1-13.3 second 1/4 mile at a 100-101. That's about the same as an STi, though the STi's trap speed could hit 103 or so. People with exhaust and EM often beat STi's. I wouldn't be so quick to call BS on this one, especially so emphatically.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

wether he can beat an STI, MAYBE but his car is not as fast as a stock STI. I know, I have the same mods as him and my best friends STI is clearly faster. It's not his tuner being better then mine either.

Without Turbo upgrade, the WRX can't break off an STI that has someone behind the wheel that knows how do drive. I've done this test a ton of time with my friend, we even switch cars and race, the STI is a clearly quicker car without a WRX Turbo upgrade

ask any tuner and they will tell you the same

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast