STi Vs Evo.. read this click on link
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi Vs Evo.. read this click on link within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4013...

Banned

STi Vs Evo.. read this click on link

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice read. The EVO keeps impressing me.

Its definately neck and neck if cars are left stock. But 20.3 psi stock......damn.

Once you start uping the boost on the STI its a different story.

Once you start uping the boost on the STI its a different story

Yeah you Blow the engine

Seriously look at the power curves, tey are almost identicle in both rides but the evo has another 1000 RPMS of power.

20.3 PSI SPIKE falling to 16, it is not static boost which was the 1st mod I did to my Evo along with a SAFCII that needed me 40WHP accross the board.

The Sti just needs a better fuel map or a Bigger turbo, I still do not get why they make it a 2.5 with a Tiny turbo, if it came with a 16G it would own.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

if it came with a 16G it would own.
    Yea realy, thats my biggest ***** about my car. Unlike the evo that can make 400 whp with a TBE, cams, and reflash..

Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!

This is strictly a personal preference:

If I was going to spend $27k on a car, it better not have an interior of the $10k base model. I'd take the EVO for the pure peformance. But for most people out there that needs A/C, creature comfort, and still retain the ability to kick arse on the road. Its Sti for me.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    I still do not get why they make it a 2.5 with a Tiny turbo, if it came with a 16G it would own.
    Not too sure whats so "tiny" about the 39. Its decent.

The turbo on a Vdub 1.8T is tiny!

It cant make it w/ a reflash...it from my exp. can only make it w/ a full em..like aem.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

vf39 is a decent stock turbo for the STi, but you are right when you say that the evo has a lot more "untapped potential" stock. I've seen AEM dyno sheets with just TBE, Boost controller, AEM dyno tune that made 320whp on stock turbo and fuel. That is simply insane compared to what most people get out of a reflash/standalone ecu on an STi with stock turbo and fuel, which is usually around 280 whp at the max.

~Tim

Originally posted by Timdog1650
    vf39 is a decent stock turbo for the STi, but you are right when you say that the evo has a lot more "untapped potential" stock. I've seen AEM dyno sheets with just TBE, Boost controller, AEM dyno tune that made 320whp on stock turbo and fuel. That is simply insane compared to what most people get out of a reflash/standalone ecu on an STi with stock turbo and fuel, which is usually around 280 whp at the max.

~Tim
    whats TBE stand for?..and would u really wanna up the boost on the evo even more then stock b/c 20psi stock sounds kind high so wouldnt uppin the boost even more just blow the engine over time?

Originally posted by RollinThunder
    whats TBE stand for?..and would u really wanna up the boost on the evo even more then stock b/c 20psi stock sounds kind high so wouldnt uppin the boost even more just blow the engine over time?
    TBE = turbo back exhaust

and you don't increase boost on an evo in that respect because the stock car peaks at 20 then tapers to 16 by redline, instead you set your boost controller to 20 and hold it till redline instead of tapering, ensuring that you keep making power.

TBE = Turbo Back Exhaust

I plan to upgrade to a GT30R turbo. That and a few other things should just about do it.

the funny thing is the evo is underrated from the factory.

Originally posted by b4437
    the funny thing is the evo is underrated from the factory.
    ummm...

so if u up the boost in the sti to 20psi and program it to hold that boost up 2 redline like they do to the evo's would u be lookin at the same hp and tq numbers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.