STi Vs Evo.. read this click on link - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on STi Vs Evo.. read this click on link within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by RollinThunder so if u up the boost in the sti to 20psi and program it to hold ...

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by RollinThunder
    so if u up the boost in the sti to 20psi and program it to hold that boost up 2 redline like they do to the evo's would u be lookin at the same hp and tq numbers?
    I think upping the boost to 20 psi on the STi would be a bad idea. Also, I don't think the VF39 would hold it until redline, but I could be wrong. There are better ways of getting more horsepower out of the STi (turboback exhaust, for one).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

More boost is not always the answer for more hp. I'd imagine that the VF39 has a max efficen. rating well below the 20psi... just a wild guess
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

if you try to make horsepower in an STi the way you make it in an evo, your engine will blow up. Fuel and spark tuning on stock boost levels is the best way to make power in an STi

Not that the vf39 is too small or anything...but you would figure with .5 extra liters of displacement and very short gears the STi would come out with a bigger turbo...look at all the 0-__ times...after a certain point the Evo starts taking over, I bet you thats because of the vf39 being dead on the top end...on regular WRX's people say the vf22 feels alot better on the top end, I would say skip the 16G, STi's should at least come with something like an 18g
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Yea that's my biggest gripe about the STI also, NO ONE and I mean no one will hit 11's on the stock turbo no nitrous. That's a shame because the Evo 16G is good for mid 11's for a lot of people.

So EVO has all the hardware to hit 11's with no major mods needed?

Not too sure whats so "tiny" about the 39. Its decent.

Its TINY, it flows like 400CFMS, tiny, it would fall off on a 2.0 let alone a 2.5, I bet it is the source of your Knock problem as it is maxed out right away. Maybe the TMIC is a bad Idea too, IDK, but a bigger more efficient turbo will allow big power accross the board and way less knock.

So EVO has all the hardware to hit 11's with no major mods needed?

Yup, the fastest i know of is 11.7 on pump gas, but basically a 12.2 is an average time @ about 115MPH with cams and a tune.

Without cams anout a 12.4 @ 110 tuned.

Bigger turbo? OMG like I have seen a 10.8 @ 128 with a stock bottom end and a HIGHER trap Speed in the 1.8 then my car in the 1/4.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12