How much Horse Power will STi need to take a z06 or
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on How much Horse Power will STi need to take a z06 or within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 911 twin turbo? Just curiouse. I mean from a roll.. I can tell you that 280 whp will be enough ...

Banned

How much Horse Power will STi need to take a z06 or

911 twin turbo? Just curiouse. I mean from a roll.. I can tell you that 280 whp will be enough to take a M3 by a few cars as I have.. what woul u guys say is needed to take one of these monsters.. Like how badly would I get killed by a z06 or 911 Turbo from a roll? really badly or .. 1-2 cars??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Didn't you post this same thread on NASIOC? How many answers do you need?

i dont see it hapening. i have driven the Z06 on an autoX course and there really is no comparison. not only does it have a monstrous engine and readily available torque pretty much everywhere, it handles very well. just look at the wide stance and the size of those tires! additionaly, i think that even if you modified your wrx (or mine for that matter!) to match HP, the Z06 would still have the advantage. i cant give you a calculated answer and i certainly have been wrong before, but like i said, im pretty skeptical on this one...
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    you'd need to be trapping over 114 at least. I don't see that happening very easily. I stayed even with a porsche turbo in my car, but I certainly wasnt pulling on him, and my car traps 113 tops.
    2003 SRT-4

With a full turbo back exhaust and utec boosting 17 psi I beat a
    newer model M5 from 2nd gear into 5th gear. It was a great race. They trap around 108 mph.

You should also be able to beat a newer M3 with my setup. To be competitve with a Z06 Vette, the race would have to be kept to about 80mph.

I've beaten Z06s in the 1/4 mile, but that is due to beating them off the line. They usually go blowing by me right after I cross the finish line. So its going to take a lot more than a Utec and exhaust to hang with one at 100+mph.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    With a full turbo back exhaust and utec boosting 17 psi I beat a
    newer model M5 from 2nd gear into 5th gear. It was a great race. They trap around 108 mph.

You should also be able to beat a newer M3 with my setup. To be competitve with a Z06 Vette, the race would have to be kept to about 80mph.

I've beaten Z06s in the 1/4 mile, but that is due to beating them off the line. They usually go blowing by me right after I cross the finish line. So its going to take a lot more than a Utec and exhaust to hang with one at 100+mph.
    yea, from a stop a modded STi should be able to stay even or ahead of a z06 to a high speed...but from a roll, the z06 has too much.
    2003 SRT-4

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    You'd probably need about 360hp at the wheels to keep up, and even more to beat a Z06. M3s, while decent cars, are not anywhere close to as fast as a Z06.

When modded, the gap grows even larger, as Z06s respond to mods much, much better than M3s.

I would put my car up against a ZO6 as a pretty even match on the highway, or maybe a slight edge to me. Ditto for a straight 911 turbo (non x50).

Kevin
    '04 STi Blue/Gold

XS500/UTEC/UR 785cc/MRT TMIC/3" Catless/AVO Turbo inlet/APS 70mm CAI/AVC-R/JIC FLT-A2/SSR Type-C

ECUTEK!!!!

349.3 WHP, Dyno Dynamics, 100 octane (torco)

~450 bhp

The z06 is possible.... But are you def. going to need some more mods there. They trap well into the 110's and accessable torque at speed and any gear.

911 is another step up. They trap about 120mph and never stop pulling on the top end. I Dont think you could take a 911T on the stock STI turbo.... But you might have a shot at the z06 if you load up on most of the bolt on's available for your car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

an H6 maybe? :]
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Originally posted by Kanchou
    an H6 maybe? :]
    I was thinking a sleeved 2.5l 8.5:1 compression, T67 @ 30 psi, built tranny, strong clutch, and a heavy right foot should be more than enough to take a Z06.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    I was thinking a sleeved 2.5l 8.5:1 compression, T67 @ 30 psi, built tranny, strong clutch, and a heavy right foot should be more than enough to take a Z06.
    yeah, but could it still take a 911T at 100mph+ speeds?
    Just call me Clark Kent

Originally posted by DTR rex
    yeah, but could it still take a 911T at 100mph+ speeds?

Stock 911 turbo:

3400 lb
    415 hp
    .31 drag co-eff

If the power numbers are right, I would wager money that my car that has about 25-30 whp more, weighs 250 lbs less, and has a only marginally worse .33 coeff drag (possibly better then that due to the drop), would would take a 911 at any sane speed (under 150 mph), by a little bit.

Kevin
    '04 STi Blue/Gold

XS500/UTEC/UR 785cc/MRT TMIC/3" Catless/AVO Turbo inlet/APS 70mm CAI/AVC-R/JIC FLT-A2/SSR Type-C

ECUTEK!!!!

349.3 WHP, Dyno Dynamics, 100 octane (torco)

~450 bhp

the germans do have that top end gearing, as well as the zo6. and i know the vette prolly have a drag coefficient in the negatives! but i put down 318whp and trap 115. so theres a reference. never ran a either car though.

Originally posted by Red Rocket

Stock 911 turbo:

3400 lb
    415 hp
    .31 drag co-eff

If the power numbers are right, I would wager money that my car that has about 25-30 whp more, weighs 250 lbs less, and has a only marginally worse .33 coeff drag (possibly better then that due to the drop), would would take a 911 at any sane speed (under 150 mph), by a little bit.

Kevin
    I know what your saying, but you also must consider that they trap at nearly 120mph
    I dont think your modded STI is creating those kind of traps... I am not positive, but if I were to make an educated guess, you are trapping what...??? 115-ish??
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.