STi vs. Range Rover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs. Range Rover within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Unfortunately, this isn't a race story. Today, I went to the bank, took care of business there and then started ...

STi vs. Range Rover

Unfortunately, this isn't a race story.

Today, I went to the bank, took care of business there and then started on my way home. About halfway home I look in the rearview mirror and see a Range Rover type vehicle coming up on me fast. He tailgates me for a long time, then when I get to a stop sign, I look back and see him coming up way too fast. Both his hands were off the wheel, gesturing something like, "Look, ma! No hands!" He had a huge grin on his face and made no attempt to brake. As much as I hated to do it, I took right-of-way from someone else to avoid being hit. The brick-on-wheels did come to a stop rather than enter the intersection but then crept out and got so close all I could see was a little hood and a lot of driver. If he'd let off the brake, he would have hit me.

I clear the intersection and look back. The guy has a left signal on, and I had gone straight, so I thought he was done being an ass. Of course, I have no such luck. He guns it straight and turns off his signal. I keep leading down this curvy hill. At the bottom, another stop sign. He comes within view and turns on his right signal. I turn my left signal on. His right signal turns off and then left comes on.

At this point, he was getting really really annoying and it was obvious the clown was following me. So...I lead to my favorite LONG, curvy road. He follows, trying to keep on my ass the entire time. I turn onto the curvy road and he follows.

I wait for him to come up on me again, running about 4000 RPM in 2nd gear. As expected, he guns it at me and so I took off. I went all-out through the curves and was able to turn on my road and get to my house, park the car and get out when I saw him go by, missing the turn onto my road. However, he had slowed down a lot and I could see he was searching.

I watched him slowly disappear down the road, then went in the house. Other than the turn signals and such, how do I know he was following me? If he lived near me, he would NOT have taken that route. It's the most roundabout way available and maybe 2-3 times longer than any other.

Does anyone else have this happen to them? I don't cut people off or run lights or speed excessively on public roads. I use my turn signals to change lanes and for turning onto other roads. I don't tailgate. I don't make rude gestures. I don't understand. What drives these people to be such maniacs that they're willing to use their vehicle to RAM some random other car they've never encountered before? What makes them so pissed off they'll FOLLOW that random car all over town? To be honest, it's just frightening.

Once I post this and toss some stuff in the car, I'm off to price permanent, mounted cameras for the car. I'm tired of these people and how nothing happens when I call the police because they say he could deny it happened. So if this stuff happens in the future, watch for a video of it.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Boy, that is quite scary....

See RN, what you need to do is utilize the change holder that you have in your car. Donate some coins to him as he is following you going +60mph before you hit the curvy. There will be no doubt that he'll gesture your generous charity by flipping various lights and fingers. Kindy use your power of the Sti through the curves to make him disappear.

Denying to the cops go both ways, donating some change from time to time will remind those aholes that what goes around comes around.

Might be a good idea to buy a gun incase his rover pays a visit to your house. Make sure you go for the kill shot since the intruders have more rights than the victims these days thanks to those "progressive" judges (especially if you're on the west coast).

Stay safe!
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

You should never, ever go to your house when people are following you, drive the opposite direction to a safe place. Whether thats safe for you or a safe place for you to beat his....

Don't let him know where you live, bad idea

**** man i would have gotten out and busted out my nunchucks and ****ing smashed his face in.. stupid *******s like that dont deserve to live or drive

Yes, never drive home. Get somewhere public, preferably a police station or flash lights at a cop if you see them.
    The spare change works well, and I'm doing the cam thing as well. That or let him rear end you.

This happened to me twice. Once when I was on the way to Bellingham and Going to my brother's house in Seattle Area. I believe that I'm a curtious driver my self around public roads and with traffic.

I just led the fool to a supermarket near by where I know there are cameras around and just got out and stared at him, he just kept on going.

When I was on my way to the Bellingham I was being follewed by a old school accord. I just led them to Chuckunut Dr. which was a very twisty back road the led all the way to my school Western. I lost them after the first straight, and went full out through the twisties until I got back to my dorm.
    HKW

call 911 on the cell... ask for permission to evade the suspect. You get to have legal fun, and he gets arrested.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Why not get out and kick his ass? Pepper spray him and lay the boots.

90% of the tough guys behind the wheel are not so tough for real. lol, the other 10% have guns.

I had some jerk tail gate me and squeal his tires around a corner today...

it was an sti
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by svc
    Fvk the elves, it's bling season

Sponsored by: BoostBuddy.com

hey Cyril is the black wrx in your avatar just wingless or does it have some lip spoiler?
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by svc
    Fvk the elves, it's bling season

Sponsored by: BoostBuddy.com

Take it from a guy who drives around for a living. There are some crazy guys out there. I can't imagine what could make someone so mad that they would just harass a complete stranger like that. Good thing he didn't rear end you.

Maybe he was drunk? Some people get freaky weird when they drink alot.

First, don't go home as you've heard. Second, always call the police. If you take matters into your own hands your screwed. Third, DON"T EVER GET OUT OF YOUR CAR! if you have to slow down like your pulling over and then when he gets out of the car, you gun it.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    again, this is the reason I keep an Easton in my backseat.
    2003 SRT-4

I went home after I'd gotten an enormous distance on him. He didn't see me. If I'd gotten out to "beat" him, I would be one of those "hit and run" statistics. Had I tried to get his tag, I would have been hit. I thought evading was the easiest, safest thing to do, then let him go get friendly with a tree or something.

Anyways...on the way home today another guy tried crap like that. I got it on camera and the HP took over from there. I'll be posting some of the video up later today. Unfortunately, after he realized what the camera was, the ******* got really shy and extremely timid.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

great!!!

i'm definitely leaving the webcam in my car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast