Raced a Mustang GT on the highway....I think?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced a Mustang GT on the highway....I think? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming to work I pulled up on a older (mid 90's gt). I motioned for him to go, and then ...

Raced a Mustang GT on the highway....I think?

Coming to work I pulled up on a older (mid 90's gt). I motioned for him to go, and then I took off. Buslengths. I thought he wasn't racing. Then I slowed down and waited for him to catch up. I motioned again, and this time, I still I put a few (3+) buslengths on him from 65 to 120, but I think he was actually trying.....hard to tell........... Guy gave me the thumbs up after, and was very impressed, so I think he was accelerating...and a bit suprised to be pulled on that hard.

Kevin
    '04 STi Blue/Gold

XS500/UTEC/UR 785cc/MRT TMIC/3" Catless/AVO Turbo inlet/APS 70mm CAI/AVC-R/JIC FLT-A2/SSR Type-C

ECUTEK!!!!

349.3 WHP, Dyno Dynamics, 100 octane (torco)

~450 bhp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sht
    you have that much whp and you are surprised??? unless you mod those cars they are dogs
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Kevin, were you in your beater BMW or the STi?

-tp

I was stock at the time, and it wasn't an official race or anything, But My bro has a clean 89 GT (38k mi.) and he was unable to remotely keep up with my STi. I lost him from my rear view real quick so I decided that he wasn't trying. When i saw him later he told me that he shouldn't have wasted half a gas tank trying to keep up with me.

Also, I think those mid 90's stangs were pretty low in the HP dept. something like 215 HP. So he definately would have had problems just trying to read your license plate, let alone keep up with you.
    Last edited by Slick:6:STi; 09-03-2004 at 06:37 AM.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    You probably had 65 or more horsepower at the wheel more than him when you were stock. Now you probably have 165 more.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.