4eat rex vs. 02 m3

This is a discussion on 4eat rex vs. 02 m3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i get next to one of my brothers old highschool buddies at a light and i say "how bout ...

4eat rex vs. 02 m3

so i get next to one of my brothers old highschool buddies at a light and i say "how bout a quick run" the funny thing is he thought i had no clue what it was he was driving. he kept on saying are you sure, so light turns green i brake boost to about 3200 rpms and let her go keep him behind me about 2 cars till about 65-70 then he pulls even at about 80 we stick there for hmmm a whole blink of an eye and by 100 hes 1 1/2 to 2 cars in front. when we get to the next light about a 1/2 mile down. he has a green to turn left but hes not moving...all he can say is what is that thing, you came off the line hard, the only thing i said was nah man its auto you messed up..he kept on saying nope i was on it...then i told him i was sure of him passing me after a bit but didnt think it take him that long...so the moral of this story is my car is freaky dont get it its fast for what its got done...even some people around here dont get it. im not complaining though i love awing people.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey Peter, I remember that the '02 rex was having problems. How/when did you fix it and what are it's mods now?

Nice run, btw.

actually this is niko peter has the r32 but anywho, i put a crack in the turbine housing or thats what the mechanic said...it was fixed when i got back from greece. no im dong the stage 4 vf22 style plus 2.2, no need for highstall tc since mine for some reason revs to about 3500 rpms.... all i have is turbo back no cats up pipe and turbo smart bc set at 15 first gear and 16.5 the rest
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

good runs..... was he auto? i figure a manual would have taken you from the line
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

actually its the other way around with smg's and no he was 6speed
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Originally posted by DTR rex
    good runs..... was he auto? i figure a manual would have taken you from the line
    If he was manual what advantage does he have over auto?

well in the case of smg none really, but for my case a harder launch off the line and thats about it for take off . i keep boost through out all gears...no need to shift thats the reason.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Originally posted by skyjock41
    If he was manual what advantage does he have over auto?
    Other than SMG the 6speed MT allows for a higher RPM launch and usually pulls better 60ft's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

what was he driving? a stick or SMG? they're pretty much toast until high speed if they mess up the launch w/ the manual.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

smg...i also asked him if he messed up the launch...but he said he didnt so once more all i can think of is that this 4eat is a freak
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500