Mustang got WAXED...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mustang got WAXED... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...and when I say waxed, I don't mean a coat of wax. I was out, coming up on a right ...

Mustang got WAXED...

...and when I say waxed, I don't mean a coat of wax. I was out, coming up on a right turn. This particular turn is at a small intersection and since most of the traffic there goes right, it has a nice curve to it and big merge lane. Before the turn, I look in the rearview and see Mustang headlights coming up (new GT - saw badging and exhaust later on and could hear it). Well, a car is ahead of me so I can't fly into the curve and, as expected, the headlights disappear behind me as he got WAY too close. Man, I hate people who do that.

Everyone makes it through the turn and the Mustang cuts me off, stays next to me to keep me from merging for a second, then takes off into the left lane. After I merge, I stay in the right lane. As luck would have it, his lane was slower. So, I paced beside him a little with him getting on it some, probably thinking he'd be able to get enough of a gap to cut me off again. Ha! Don't think so, Bucko.

The cars ahead of me in my lane finally clear the slow lead car in his. I look behind me and see the Mustang cut off a minivan and try to come flying up on me. Since I was coming onto a bridge that is the boundary between two counties, I thought what the hell...why not. So I gunned it, got into the left lane and cleared the bridge. I know the Mustang tried to keep up because way in the distance behind me, I could see his headlights quickly passing the others. Guess he suffered some embarassment...he wouldn't get next to me and wouldn't even be so kind as to be an annoying little tool by tailgating me.

It would seem yet another has learned his lesson. Be a stupid nutbag like that and you'll get owned. Yes, I think that ownage could be worthy of being described as "waxed."

RN
    Last edited by renichms; 09-14-2004 at 10:27 AM.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Carnub0wn3d.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    Carnub0wn3d.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    2003 SRT-4

Honestly, and I know it's been said before, but the mustang GT is freaking pathetic. It's not even fun to ride in, it sounds like it's gonna self destruct at like 4k rpm.

Thumbs down

2 valve GT's are gross, especially pre 99. 4 Valve cobra motors are where its at
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Me and my friend were actually contimplating(sp) getting the new gt's for 05 cause they are gonna look like the old school 60's mustangs and push out in the 300's for hp and tq and the 1/4 time for the v8 version is something like 13.2 to 13.4 but I think it might cost almost 30g's for the v8 version so I would just get an sti if that was the case. Me and my friend are to devoted to Subaru to leave for the mustang, we both said the only way we would get one is if they sold the 13's second car for like 20 to 25g's otherwise we will stick to the wrx which we are going to be getting in november for I believe 22k or so.

I Support ClubWRX
    The new GT's are cool I think, but they're getting more expensive. If they're pushing $30k, I wouldn't think twice about getting an STi for that price.

The new Cobra should be sufficiently nutty.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Timdog1650
    Honestly, and I know it's been said before, but the mustang GT is freaking pathetic. It's not even fun to ride in, it sounds like it's gonna self destruct at like 4k rpm.
    A few years back I was seriously looking at the GT. I test drove a 2001 5 speed, and was not impressed at all. What I liked about the car was rear wheel drive, and a nice exhaust note. What I hated about it was: fake hood scoop, plain jane interior, and disappointing power. The WRX's interior is far better looking than that GT's, and this one had leather seats. The salesman was pretty cool and even directed me to a deserted test area to really open up the car. I launched it hard and took it up to 80. Yawn.
    2004 WRX

Geez lots of hate for the GT...i guess my car isn't that great huh? Yeah i'll admit the STOCK gt's aren't great. and pre99's aren't that great as well. Just give it some boost and well...you can pretty much say bu bye to quite a bit of cars. even all wheel drive cars. If you ever hear a whistle from a GT..well let's just say most likely you'll be seeing the exhaust after you punch it!
    2001 GT Mustang - Supercharged, 351RWHP...352RWTQ-old #'s
    Newest Numbers 401RWHP 392RWTQ..and tomorrow it will be higher

Originally posted by SQ Stang
    Geez lots of hate for the GT...i guess my car isn't that great huh? Yeah i'll admit the STOCK gt's aren't great. and pre99's aren't that great as well. Just give it some boost and well...you can pretty much say bu bye to quite a bit of cars. even all wheel drive cars. If you ever hear a whistle from a GT..well let's just say most likely you'll be seeing the exhaust after you punch it!
    I think they were talking about stock GT's because anyone can add some boost and a few thousand dollars of mods and be fast.

Anyway, you must forget how the mustang boards treat WRX's. Mutual respect is lacking from both sides...you don't have to act amazed
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I read more "stock wrx killed modded mustang GT" threads than I read "stock mustang beat modded wrx," plus 50% of my friends own stangs and they are slower than sh!t. Sorry, it's true.

nice...um...race...or like pull away
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

yeah there is love and hate from both directions. But me myself, i like all cars no matter what. I have respect for any car that can be made fast. i mean hell even i was going to buy a WRX before I bought the supercharged GT. just couldn't pass it up. idk tim dog. if you add the right mods to a GT, like gears and stuff. stock or even modded wrx's i don't think can stand a chance. but that's just my opinion. and if ur friends have pre 99 gt's, then yes they are slow! i just have a better opinion of the 99+..but best bet is to add a turbo or super...then ur basically finished...you can run 11's then! Let's see a WRX do that w/o changing out a lot of stuff!
    2001 GT Mustang - Supercharged, 351RWHP...352RWTQ-old #'s
    Newest Numbers 401RWHP 392RWTQ..and tomorrow it will be higher

your not gonna run consistent 11's in just any blown or turbo GT stang... are you forgetting about the Tremec T5 base model that lies in the stangs... 350whp is all a stock tranny will hold before kablooey. Sure you can purchase a nice TKO , but that runs about a grand, and a nice Auburn or detroit locker also sets you back another 700 bucks or more.

Add 2 grand in trans parts and install combined, plus the expense of a Novi 1000, or 2000 blower, and were near 6 grand, dynoing about 400 wheel hp. If you wanna turbo it, it gets even pricier again... this will not net 11's on the street. Maybe on a perfect day @ the track, you could pull some 11.98's at a 112-117 range... eh.. looks pretty comparable to what you could get with

an Axis motor (3g's)
    Used 18g (1100 bucks)
    Kaaz gearset (3 grand)
    various supporting mods (IC, Injectors, etc)

maybe it takes a GT a few grand less to get 11's... but it aint gonna happen on the street as consistently as a DSM or AWD Suby.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.