I figured it out!!

This is a discussion on I figured it out!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You know how sometimes guys talk about beating something that there is no way on earth they should win. Well, ...

I figured it out!!

You know how sometimes guys talk about beating something that there is no way on earth they should win. Well, here is what happens. As some of you know I have a 04 Srt-4 and on the freeway this afternoon a riced out Cavalier was riding my ass..but I wasn't gonna race him. There was a slower car in front of me so I left it in 5th and went around..well.. the dude stayed on my ass and thought I was trying to "leave him" and I floored (remained in 5th).. he must have shifted down so he was hanging with me. Well, after we came up on some more traffic I look in my mirror and him and his buddy are all laughing and high fiven' each other thinking they kept up with me. I'm sure there is a Cavalier website somewhere that has a thread called "Owned a SRT today".
    The moral of the story is just because you are racing doesn't always mean the other car is racing... if I was racing I sure as hell wouldn't stay in 5th gear...

on a side note.. even tho I didn't shift down for more gear I was suprised that he kept up as well as he did...I guess I should have just dumped it down in 3rd and see what he really had. Who knows he may have still kicked my ass.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: I figured it out!!

Originally posted by FastD

I guess I should have just dumped it down in 3rd and see what he really had.
    You answered your own thought.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Re: I figured it out!!

Originally posted by FastD
    You know how sometimes guys talk about beating something that there is no way on earth they should win. Well, here is what happens. As some of you know I have a 04 Srt-4 and on the freeway this afternoon a riced out Cavalier was riding my ass..but I wasn't gonna race him. There was a slower car in front of me so I left it in 5th and went around..well.. the dude stayed on my ass and thought I was trying to "leave him" and I floored (remained in 5th).. he must have shifted down so he was hanging with me. Well, after we came up on some more traffic I look in my mirror and him and his buddy are all laughing and high fiven' each other thinking they kept up with me. I'm sure there is a Cavalier website somewhere that has a thread called "Owned a SRT today".
    The moral of the story is just because you are racing doesn't always mean the other car is racing... if I was racing I sure as hell wouldn't stay in 5th gear...

on a side note.. even tho I didn't shift down for more gear I was suprised that he kept up as well as he did...I guess I should have just dumped it down in 3rd and see what he really had. Who knows he may have still kicked my ass.

Those ecotecs are monsters when you add simple bolt ons. An SRT-4 is no match my friend. Well, thats what those high fiving idiots think now. What does the ECO in ecotec (Cavalier engine) stand for? Maybe ECOnomy? I wonder if the Cavalier forums are as rediculous as the Matrix forums? I have browsed the Ford Focus forums before, and read a few hilarious kill stories. One was about a Focus (mostly stock) beating a WRX. He claimed the WRX smoked his tires off the line and the Focus beat it off the line......BS.
    2004 WRX

Re: Re: I figured it out!!

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    Those ecotecs are monsters when you add simple bolt ons. An SRT-4 is no match my friend. Well, thats what those high fiving idiots think now. What does the ECO in ecotec (Cavalier engine) stand for? Maybe ECOnomy? I wonder if the Cavalier forums are as rediculous as the Matrix forums? I have browsed the Ford Focus forums before, and read a few hilarious kill stories. One was about a Focus (mostly stock) beating a WRX. He claimed the WRX smoked his tires off the line and the Focus beat it off the line......BS.
    LOL... WRX spinning it's tires!!! Jeezus... AWD owns that ass from a dig!!!

haha...well, cavaliers are TEHFASTAR!
    2004 Silver WRX
    HKS UpPipe
    HKS DownPipe

Nice Death! Good to see someone posting their deaths around here!

Hell, I lose all the time! But, you can rest asured I'll be on the look out for a riced out Cav from now on... we'll see how he does from a 3rd gear 50 mph roll at 18psi..let's hope he has something more than a fart can exhaust and a wing!

anybody with a rex that can roast up their tires deserve props

but to stay on topic, you just figured this out? or you just wanted to tell your story?
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

Originally posted by express_wagon
    anybody with a rex that can roast up their tires deserve props

but to stay on topic, you just figured this out? or you just wanted to tell your story?
    Basically tell my story, but I never witnessed first hand dudes getting all pumped up when nothing really happened.

...as the saying goes... don't sweat the small stuff.

-tp