r32 and simple mods.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on r32 and simple mods. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; theres a guy on our r32 forums at vwvortex that ran his car last night with just a cai and ...

r32 and simple mods.

theres a guy on our r32 forums at vwvortex that ran his car last night with just a cai and giac flash and hit a 13.48 @ ~101mph, and he believes he could easily be able to hit 13.3 with a bit more practice. what do you all think? i personally think that the r32 is given a bad name and bad critics, though it has a good amount of potential. i mean $600 worth of mods will get the r32 in the mid 13's, if not a bit better.

btw, what will a stick wrx with a reflash and cai do? it should be right there right? anybody know of any numbers that the wrx puts out with these mods? without exhaust modification?

my brother raced an e46 m3 yesterday and had him a couple of car lengths to about 60mph, at that point the m3 started to catch up but still behind. All he has done to his car is uppipe, downpipe, catback, boost controller @16.5psi, grounding. He raced a zr1 corvette that runs at the track 13.1 and they ran again from a stop and he was 2 cars in front again to about 70mph before the zr1 started catching up. im dumbfounded because both these cars run low 13's and my brother is automatic and i wouldnt expect anything better than maybe high 13's with a great break torque launch. maybe his car is a freak. for some odd reason, he can break torque to 4000rpms without even a high stall torque converter.

peter

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1571520
    Last edited by ellinopedo182; 09-02-2004 at 12:22 PM.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My brother has a stock R32 (well, he did the exhaust mod that supposedly frees up a few HP), and I only have a cat-back on my WRX, and we were pretty much even. Whoever got the better launch took it. If you have a reflash, you should be able to take him if you know how to launch your car. FYI - the R32 is much easier to get a good launch because of all the torque of the N/A compared to our turbo.

WoW SL500 hands down....................
    I was reading your thread until i read the bottom

Re: r32 and simple mods.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    theres a guy on our r32 forums at vwvortex that ran his car last night with just a cai and giac flash and hit a 13.48 @ ~101mph, and he believes he could easily be able to hit 13.3 with a bit more practice. what do you all think? i personally think that the r32 is given a bad name and bad critics, though it has a good amount of potential. i mean $600 worth of mods will get the r32 in the mid 13's, if not a bit better.

btw, what will a stick wrx with a reflash and cai do? it should be right there right? anybody know of any numbers that the wrx puts out with these mods? without exhaust modification?

my brother raced an e46 m3 yesterday and had him a couple of car lengths to about 60mph, at that point the m3 started to catch up but still behind. All he has done to his car is uppipe, downpipe, catback, boost controller @16.5psi, grounding. He raced a zr1 corvette that runs at the track 13.1 and they ran again from a stop and he was 2 cars in front again to about 70mph before the zr1 started catching up. im dumbfounded because both these cars run low 13's and my brother is automatic and i wouldnt expect anything better than maybe high 13's with a great break torque launch. maybe his car is a freak. for some odd reason, he can break torque to 4000rpms without even a high stall torque converter.

peter

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1571520
    I agree.... I think the R32 is a much better performer than people make it out to be. A wrx with reflash and CAI will probably be good for higher 13's. CAI doesnt do much.... but if you were to spend a similar $600, you could get AP and ERZ DP and run similar mid 13sec times. His extra torque and top end over the wrx really helps out though
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by VRWRX
    My brother has a stock R32 (well, he did the exhaust mod that supposedly frees up a few HP), and I only have a cat-back on my WRX, and we were pretty much even. Whoever got the better launch took it. If you have a reflash, you should be able to take him if you know how to launch your car. FYI - the R32 is much easier to get a good launch because of all the torque of the N/A compared to our turbo.

how did u do from a roll and/or how high was the elevation where u were racing from a dig?

my friend has a red R32. when he was stock i blew him away like it was nothing. from a stop i missed second, and still passed him with ease shifting into 4th. it was closer when he got a evo intake, and now with a GIAC chip he hangs around my rear bumper. i have a turboback and utec.

you ran a 14.0 with a utec and turboback exhaust? im pretty sure u can run better than that, a stock r32 can go that fast at a bit higher trap. u should be trapping a mid 13's with those mods.

stock for stock, the r32 should be faster just because of the top end power, but they are really close...

i ran a couple of stock wrx's from a roll, and my car literally rapes them...

i run my brother from a roll, and we are even for a couple of seconds and then i start pulling slowly at about 90mph!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

sweet... your bro's is auto though right?
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

R32 is a pretty amazing car. I would definitely drive one.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    how did u do from a roll and/or how high was the elevation where u were racing from a dig?
    He definitely had me from a roll. That torque is killer! We were pretty even once I was spooled, but I didn't really close the gap from the beginning.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    sweet... your bro's is auto though right?
    No, it's a manual.

BTW, I'm pretty much stock with just a Cat-Back.

i was owned by an R32...14.1 to my 15.1...

and it was humiddddddd as helllllll

if i can get one for cheap enough next year im tradin in my B5 for one
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    you ran a 14.0 with a utec and turboback exhaust? im pretty sure u can run better than that, a stock r32 can go that fast at a bit higher trap. u should be trapping a mid 13's with those mods.

stock for stock, the r32 should be faster just because of the top end power, but they are really close...

i ran a couple of stock wrx's from a roll, and my car literally rapes them...

i run my brother from a roll, and we are even for a couple of seconds and then i start pulling slowly at about 90mph!
    i ran a 14.0 with just the utec; before the turboback. i agree stock for stock the r32 will win hands down... but who stays stock?? from my experience once you go stage2, you will win against an r32 w/chip, intake, exhaust. there's not much else you can do to that car unless you do something crazy.

I can't wait till someone or some company does a heavy all motor setup for the R32... that is gonna be SWEEET.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.