Endurance racing WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Endurance racing WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dear all, Just to share with you guys. Many people have thought that WRX has very weak engine as compared ...

Endurance racing WRX

Dear all,

Just to share with you guys.

Many people have thought that WRX has very weak engine as compared to an EVO or VTEC cars, but they were wrong.

Our Team, Team Imperial Espace Racing has prepared a Subaru WRX STI RA Spec C to take part in one of the prestigious race in Asia called the 2004 Merdeka Millennium 12hours Endurance Race in Malaysia at the Sepang F1 International Circuit.

We finished 6th overall out of the 73 cars of which the top 5 position are all factory backed teams while we are a private team. Besides, the top 10 finishers are all NA cars except us, which is the only turbocharged car (WRX) finishing in 6th position. So who dare to say WRX are lousy cars as compared to an EVO.

You can see the results at http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/motors...me/results.htm

And pictures of the car :

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice!!!

thats hot!! do you have any movies??

super hot car you got!! what is the piece that is in place of the fog lights? i really like it. congrats
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

WTG! One more for the good guys!
    Gian - '06 Aspen White STi
    My site.

Originally posted by Spectre186
    thats hot!! do you have any movies??
    I do have some, but it is not in car videos, mostly shot from outside and grandstand as well as in the Pits.

I am not good with videos, will ask my media guys to do it for me.

Cheers

Originally posted by bluerex47
    super hot car you got!! what is the piece that is in place of the fog lights? i really like it. congrats
    Thank you !

That is actually an STI Fog Light Cover which we have converted it into an air inlet duct combine with the carbon fibre Prodrive's air filter channel duct for cool air induction purpose. On the otherside, it is the same but we used it with another carbon fibre air duct for the engine oil cooler.

Cheers

Originally posted by hyperlemon
    Thank you !

That is actually an STI Fog Light Cover which we have converted it into an air inlet duct combine with the carbon fibre Prodrive's air filter channel duct for cool air induction purpose. On the otherside, it is the same but we used it with another carbon fibre air duct for the engine oil cooler.

Cheers
    man i was thinking of this, guess i'm not the first. you got any extra you could sell? lol
    - chris

VERY AWESOME!!

Congrats on the 6th place finish.

I would LOVE to see a video of this entire race. Its not very often you get to see something like that by a private race team. Congrats again, and Welcome to the club!

man i was thinking of this, guess i'm not the first. you got any extra you could sell? lol
    To sell...hmmm... I afraid that I don't have extra to sell.

Honestly, what you can do is actually very simple. Go to any Subaru dealer near your area and purchase a set of STI fog lights cover, I will take some pictures of our race car air duct which you can see how it is being made and you can DIY yourself. It's not that difficult. But having that air duct serves a great purpose rather than look nice !

Cheers

Originally posted by hyperlemon
    To sell...hmmm... I afraid that I don't have extra to sell.

Honestly, what you can do is actually very simple. Go to any Subaru dealer near your area and purchase a set of STI fog lights cover, I will take some pictures of our race car air duct which you can see how it is being made and you can DIY yourself. It's not that difficult. But having that air duct serves a great purpose rather than look nice !

Cheers
    sounds good, i completely agree though. i would use for air to the intake/brakes and other things. the pics would be excellent!!

thanks
    - chris

Why kind of rims are those?, they look sweet.

BTW, congrats.

Originally posted by SubaruWRX2k4
    VERY AWESOME!!

Congrats on the 6th place finish.

I would LOVE to see a video of this entire race. Its not very often you get to see something like that by a private race team. Congrats again, and Welcome to the club!

Thank you for the warm welcome !

Hopefully, we can get more sponsorship for next year to do better.

Cheers

sounds good, i completely agree though. i would use for air to the intake/brakes and other things. the pics would be excellent!!

thanks

You are welcome. Once I obtain those pics from my media dept, I will post here on how to make the air duct for the 2004 WRX.

Cheers

Originally posted by Gypsy
    Why kind of rims are those?, they look sweet.

BTW, congrats.
    Those rims are from WEDSPORT, those rims can be shipped to any place, just go to this website www.imperial-concepts.com and send your inquiries there, someone will attend to you.

Those are 17 x 8" rims @ 6.5 kg per rim. Very light for racing use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast