me vs. '85 camaro 355 jasper engine...

This is a discussion on me vs. '85 camaro 355 jasper engine... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my buddy just bought a 1985 camaro (equipted w/ the crazy 80's digital gauges) with a 355 jasper engine, 350 ...

me vs. '85 camaro 355 jasper engine...

my buddy just bought a 1985 camaro (equipted w/ the crazy 80's digital gauges) with a 355 jasper engine, 350 3 speed auto tranny,with a shift kit.. not sure what kind. any ways I have a 02' wrx STOCK, No more $ to buy mods ... so me and him drove down to a local airport in our town (rarley used) the strip is roughtly a 1/4 mile.. dropped the clutch at around 6, chiped the tires and took off.. i beat him by about a car length... lol he was pissed. On the way home we did a roll start at about 50mph.. he pulled about 2 car lengths which i would expect with a car 3x the displacement of mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no one thinks this is a good kill?

Originally posted by Sedlmeier101
    no one thinks this is a good kill?
    What's a 355 Jasper engine? What are the specs? Chevy V8's can be beasts, and some are complete puppy dogs. My 71 Nova had a 350 that was one of the last beasts rated at around 330hp from the factory. The 72's on up were severely detuned.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    What's a 355 Jasper engine? What are the specs? Chevy V8's can be beasts, and some are complete puppy dogs. My 71 Nova had a 350 that was one of the last beasts rated at around 330hp from the factory. The 72's on up were severely detuned.

I found their website: http://www.jasperengines.com/perfspecsheet.pdf

These engines dyno at 425hp. I'd say either the engine is not running right, or this Camaro isn't getting traction. Slap some traction bars on with a posi rear end with some meaty tires. You won't hold him off in the 1/4 mile anymore. Good kill though.
    2004 WRX