me vs. '85 camaro 355 jasper engine...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on me vs. '85 camaro 355 jasper engine... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my buddy just bought a 1985 camaro (equipted w/ the crazy 80's digital gauges) with a 355 jasper engine, 350 ...

me vs. '85 camaro 355 jasper engine...

my buddy just bought a 1985 camaro (equipted w/ the crazy 80's digital gauges) with a 355 jasper engine, 350 3 speed auto tranny,with a shift kit.. not sure what kind. any ways I have a 02' wrx STOCK, No more $ to buy mods ... so me and him drove down to a local airport in our town (rarley used) the strip is roughtly a 1/4 mile.. dropped the clutch at around 6, chiped the tires and took off.. i beat him by about a car length... lol he was pissed. On the way home we did a roll start at about 50mph.. he pulled about 2 car lengths which i would expect with a car 3x the displacement of mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no one thinks this is a good kill?

Originally posted by Sedlmeier101
    no one thinks this is a good kill?
    What's a 355 Jasper engine? What are the specs? Chevy V8's can be beasts, and some are complete puppy dogs. My 71 Nova had a 350 that was one of the last beasts rated at around 330hp from the factory. The 72's on up were severely detuned.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    What's a 355 Jasper engine? What are the specs? Chevy V8's can be beasts, and some are complete puppy dogs. My 71 Nova had a 350 that was one of the last beasts rated at around 330hp from the factory. The 72's on up were severely detuned.

I found their website: http://www.jasperengines.com/perfspecsheet.pdf

These engines dyno at 425hp. I'd say either the engine is not running right, or this Camaro isn't getting traction. Slap some traction bars on with a posi rear end with some meaty tires. You won't hold him off in the 1/4 mile anymore. Good kill though.
    2004 WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.