Finally raced a 350z
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Finally raced a 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I been wanting to run with a 350z or G35 but no one around here will bite. Today I was ...

Cool Finally raced a 350z

I been wanting to run with a 350z or G35 but no one around here will bite. Today I was cruising on the 215 at about 60, and up rolls a silver convertable 350z with the top down, I saw he had a radar detector so I thought he might be game. He wouldn't even look over but I know he saw me. There were a few cars ahead of us holding up traffic a bit. His lane was slightly faster so I slowed up a tad and got behind him. My gut told me as soon as traffic opened up he was going to gun it. We were going about 60 and I just kept it in 3rd, waiting about 2 car lengths behind him. The car in front of him changes lanes and POOF! 2 tell tail black puffs of smoke. He gunned it and so did I, he pulled about 1 more car instantly, we stayed even for a bit but as I got higher in the rev's I was pulling on him.. By about 90 I was a about 1 - 1/2 carlengths behind, and was about to shift to 4th. I thought then he would pull away. Well he didn't I slowly walked him at 100 and we shut down. I tried to give him a as I passed him but he wouldn't acknoledge me. Oh well, I enjoyed it.... I've heard that they are mean from a roll so I thought for sure I was going to get beat. He must of had at least 40 whp on me, right? Maybe it was an auto?
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kill.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Nice run! Was the 350 stock??
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

The roadsters are slower. They weigh alot more, than the coupes.

i know from a roll a srt4 and a 350z are damn near identical.. we raced them at least 11 times.. only thing was the srt had 3 people in it and the 350z had 20 inch rims, i realize the rims are heavy thus we kept doing from a roll but it was even every time, pretty cool though cuz neither car would pull on eachother, awesome race

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    Nice run! Was the 350 stock??
    I'm assuming it was, the exhaust looked stock, plus like turbowill said, the convertables are heavier. I wonder what their 1/4 times are... I need to find a coupe to run with...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.