Legacy Gt vs Forester XT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Legacy Gt vs Forester XT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; which one is faster MT vs MT and what bout AT vs AT Anybody have any idea....

Legacy Gt vs Forester XT

which one is faster MT vs MT
    and what bout AT vs AT

Anybody have any idea.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MT: I believe the Forester XT is a couple ticks faster than the Legacy GT.

AT: Legacy has a 5 speed auto compared to the forester's 4 speed, so I would go with the GT.

i see you have a cobb stage 1 with AT. Do you feel a big difference?
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Originally posted by VitaminWRX

AT: Legacy has a 5 speed auto compared to the forester's 4 speed, so I would go with the GT.
    +1
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by audirs6
    i see you have a cobb stage 1 with AT. Do you feel a big difference?
    It's "Nice." Kinda like finding a 10 dollar bill on the ground "nice."

The best way I can discribe it is this: remember a day when you went WOT and you said to yourself "damn! my car is running really strong today!" That's kind of how stage 1 feels all the time.

I feel a little stronger pull, but the nice thing is that the boost doesn't "fall off" at 5500 RPM, it now feels that it makes power up until redline. I mean, it's no 18g , but it's a nice improvement (the dyno curve confirms it).

Worth the 595$? No way, but i'll be going stage 2 on friday or saturday, so we will see if it's as good as everyone says

I would agree with this also.
    2005 Legacy 2.5 GT - Atlantic Blue
    2004 Acura TSX - Midnight Black

Jersey all the way

The best way I can discribe it is this: remember a day when you went WOT and you said to yourself "damn! my car is running really strong today!" That's kind of how stage 1 feels all the time.

I feel a little stronger pull, but the nice thing is that the boost doesn't "fall off" at 5500 RPM, it now feels that it makes power up until redline. I mean, it's no 18g , but it's a nice improvement (the dyno curve confirms it).

Worth the 595$? No way, but i'll be going stage 2 on friday or saturday, so we will see if it's as good as everyone says
    Are you saying the stage 1 isnt worth the money?
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Heck no, not when you can get a decent uppipe and downpipe for the same price.

If I had to put monetary value on the stage 1, I would give it about a 200$ value.

If all you are planning on doing is getting the stage 1, and not doing any physical mods on your XT, then go for it. It's better than nothing.

I highly suggest you do the uppipe and downpipe modification, then upgrade to stage 2.

i am probably going for stage 2. Do you think it will have a decent increase in power?
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock

My wife runs a Cobb Stg II with uppipe and stock muffler. She hangs with my Sti if given the jump on the auto (from a roll). I posted this race on the board somewhere if you want to know how good a stg II runs.

If I had to take a guess, she's only 10-15 whp off from the Sti. So ya, they feel like a stock wrx on a VERY good day, and thats an understatment.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

wow really that much. The only problem now is cobb said that it would take 6 weeks for the ECU and additonal 6 weeks for the exhaust and down pipe.

Also do you think i should go for the up pipe ?
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock

A Forester XT is probably slightly faster than a Legacy GT, if they both have manual transmissions. The gearing on the XT is shorter, but I really like the gearing of the Legacy GT. It's easier to drive, since first gear is taller and I can often not have to downshift around corners when driving casually.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Don't get Cobb's uppipe or downpipe. Yes, tim sure they are great products, but not great enough to wait a half year for The accessport only has about a 4 week wait now.

If you aren't concerned with going catless, get the ERZ uppipe and downpipe combo from Ebay. Best deal on the net.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.