WRX (stock) vs S2000i
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX (stock) vs S2000i within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; mmm, the classic (kinda) battle. Honda vs. Scooby. Adam ur gunna have to refresh my memory on this. Im posting ...

WRX (stock) vs S2000i

mmm, the classic (kinda) battle. Honda vs. Scooby.
    Adam ur gunna have to refresh my memory on this. Im posting for you 1) cuz i know you wouldn't and 2) i wanna see what everyone here says about it.
    Don't know if we started at white castle or the tacobell. And i don't remember if the camaros and mustangs were there. But i do remember that i saw an s2000 beat a WRX 3 times. The S2000i was a friend of ours friend. So we know he wasn't lying when he said all he had was a new exhaust.
    1st race: wrx launches at 6000, smokes clutch, loses
    2nd race: wrx launches at 3500, bogs the start, loses
    3rd race: wrx launches 4000, looses
    I believe that's how it went.
    How could this be? i know the s2000 is light. but the torque to weight ratio isn't that good and the rex should be able to destroy it off the line, which it didn't. Any thoughts on this? perhaps it's the launch technique? i think he (the wrx) his pulling his foot off the clutch too slowly. He releases the petal some but it doesn't snap forward like I would've thought it would. I have a rwd 6-speed and it snaps forward more so than his. suggestions?
    Thanks,
    - M a t t -
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Driver error most likely. Not everyone drives the same.

str
    s2000 is fast. there is a guy around my house that has one and he zips up and down the road from time to time. i'll catch him at a light one of these days. a stock s2000 would probably beat a stock wrx. with my mods i think i could hang no problem.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Str -
    Please do that and post a reply on the board or this thread, i'd be very interested to hear how it went.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

Re: WRX (stock) vs S2000i

Originally posted by daiviouth
    How could this be? i know the s2000 is light. but the torque to weight ratio isn't that good and the rex should be able to destroy it off the line, which it didn't.
    That right there should tell you how important torque/weight is.

It is called having a 9000rpm redline and high gear ratios. It is also called launching at 7000rpm in a RWD car (which, if done properly, is only slightly worse than an AWD launch). However, S2000s are notoriously hard to launch properly so a reasonably well launched stock WRX vs an average S2000 driver should end up in a victory for the WRX. Sounds like your friend is not an average S2000 driver.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

by the way this is described.. the wrx driver can't drive. He smoked his clutch the first time, and bogged the second time.. Driver is everything when the 1/4 mile stats are as close as this.

hah! What is said is all true! I cant drive for shi.t. Lemme rephase that...I freak out and get nervous when being flagged. I can kick other import-a from lights, but for some reason I freak out when someone is flagging me and I just mash the gas right before I let off the clutch. Maybe its anxiety because its more organized. I like redlights so much more. I cant really explain it, but I get a rush of nervousness. The last time I launched I did it decently (After I finally got my cool) and the s2000 just flew. I actually started pulling on him hard in 2nd, but he was still ahead of me by a car length or so. Also, I think he's a pretty good driver. My dad had an S2000 and it took him a while to get badass launches...but he ended up doing it just fine. It's a nice ride, and powerful if used correctly. Funny thing is that I was going to post this question....but I was waiting for my "method of attack" post to move further down the forum so I didnt post one right after the other. Thanks matt.

PS---Chris will wanna rematch later this week (in the Mercedes)...you have to see it. It's too funny. Nothing is more gratifying watching a $25K car beat a $50K+ in a quartermile. Oh yea...and that little grass area leads to a soccer field I believe...offroading it kicks anus too.
    Last edited by The HomeliteXL; 08-12-2002 at 06:41 PM.
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

Originally posted by str
    s2000 is fast. there is a guy around my house that has one and he zips up and down the road from time to time. i'll catch him at a light one of these days. a stock s2000 would probably beat a stock wrx. with my mods i think i could hang no problem.
    I would love to run a s2000. I think i wouldn't have too much trouble from a stop. From a roll, I think it would be interesting.
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

str
    They are definetly fast stock, no question. I'm probably running high 13's right now so I think it would be close. s2000 can run low 14's with no mods. I know that they take a little more skill to launch than allot of other cars. I love them. If I was buying a convertible I would definetly get one. Can't wait to race one. I think they can hit 150mph easily too.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Information for all of you!

An S2000 which has changed both its exhausts from the cat-back will gain approx. 35rwhp throughout the whole rev range without losing any bottom end torque.

At least this is true for the S2000s in Australia and it has been tested and tested again and everyone is amazed at why the exhaust does for a little 2Litres Naturally Aspirated car.

The gain from exhaust is even more so than the gain on a WRX (where the stock ECU doesn't really allow a lot more top end power to come out even after mods.)

So there u go, that S2000 definitely was nowhere near stock power levels.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

Originally posted by Iruka

An S2000 which has changed both its exhausts from the cat-back will gain approx. 35rwhp throughout the whole rev range without losing any bottom end torque.

At least this is true for the S2000s in Australia and it has been tested and tested again and everyone is amazed at why the exhaust does for a little 2Litres Naturally Aspirated car.

The gain from exhaust is even more so than the gain on a WRX (where the stock ECU doesn't really allow a lot more top end power to come out even after mods.)

Sorry, I'm callikng BS here for two reasons:

1. an Amreican s2000 will not gain 35 rwhp with a catback, no friggen way.

2. a wrx gets massive gains from a turbo back up to 30 hp, I know this cause i just got this mod done.

It just doesn't make sense to think that a NA car with the same displacement will get better gains with a high flow exhaust than a turbo one with the same displacement....

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi

Sorry, I'm callikng BS here for two reasons:

1. an Amreican s2000 will not gain 35 rwhp with a catback, no friggen way.

2. a wrx gets massive gains from a turbo back up to 30 hp, I know this cause i just got this mod done.

It just doesn't make sense to think that a NA car with the same displacement will get better gains with a high flow exhaust than a turbo one with the same displacement....
    1. You really don't know that... I'm tempted to call BS as well, but you never know:
    a) how restrictive the existing system is
    b) how well the stock ECU learns

2. Is that dyno proven?

It is very possible that this could happen. The WRX ECU is notoriously paranoid, and for good reason. I know very little about the internals of the S2000 so I cannot speak for it. I DOUBT that it is a 35rwhp from stock peak to stock+catback peak. Maybe possible at the biggest difference, but I still doubt it.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

I ran s2000 the other day. Ran twice on his request. He saw me beating a mustang gt by about a car length so he followed. Got next to me at the next light and asked if I was stock...I said yes (I never tell the truth). Anyway, he spun his tires off the light so it was no competition on the first run. I do have to admit that I am not the best off the start. Most of my starts bog...not enough gas I guess. But luckily I did good here cause once he got going he started to gain on me!?!?!?!? I slowed and he come up next to me and asked for a second run. The next light he didn't spin and we were pretty close. I switched gears faster (I don't know their ratios)...and I think that's how I got the win. Took it as close as I felt comfortable to red line. His lights were next to my door when I finally let off. He nodded and kept going. Haven't seen him again. He didn't sound stock...heard a high pitch coming from the front...higher than any intake I have ever heard if that's what it was.

I do have a question though...how come off the start we can pretty much take a mustang gt to the bank, but anything over 60 (starting at 60 or higher that is) they pull on us? I can't seem to beat a GT in that situation. haven't lost from a 0 mph start though.

Originally posted by apodWRX
    I ran s2000 the other day. Ran twice on his request. He saw me beating a mustang gt by about a car length so he followed. Got next to me at the next light and asked if I was stock...I said yes (I never tell the truth). Anyway, he spun his tires off the light so it was no competition on the first run. I do have to admit that I am not the best off the start. Most of my starts bog...not enough gas I guess. But luckily I did good here cause once he got going he started to gain on me!?!?!?!? I slowed and he come up next to me and asked for a second run. The next light he didn't spin and we were pretty close. I switched gears faster (I don't know their ratios)...and I think that's how I got the win. Took it as close as I felt comfortable to red line. His lights were next to my door when I finally let off. He nodded and kept going. Haven't seen him again. He didn't sound stock...heard a high pitch coming from the front...higher than any intake I have ever heard if that's what it was.

I do have a question though...how come off the start we can pretty much take a mustang gt to the bank, but anything over 60 (starting at 60 or higher that is) they pull on us? I can't seem to beat a GT in that situation. haven't lost from a 0 mph start though.
    Whats mods have you done?
    I raced a GT from a roll 75-110 and walked him by a full car length...I heard s2000 and GTs have similar top end perfromance....

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

Originally posted by Iruka

Actually, youll be lucky to get 3 hp from a catback on an S2000. Ive seen in more than one article aftermarket exhausts showing no difference from stock.

If you indeed did see 35hp on a dyno (Id love to see it) somebody must have forgotten to mention the supercharger on the other end. Don't you aussies use some kind of metric measure to find the hp anyway??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.