WRX (stock) vs S2000i - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX (stock) vs S2000i within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by gryphon 1. You really don't know that... I'm tempted to call BS as well, but you never ...

Originally posted by gryphon

1. You really don't know that... I'm tempted to call BS as well, but you never know:
    a) how restrictive the existing system is
    b) how well the stock ECU learns

2. Is that dyno proven?

It is very possible that this could happen. The WRX ECU is notoriously paranoid, and for good reason. I know very little about the internals of the S2000 so I cannot speak for it. I DOUBT that it is a 35rwhp from stock peak to stock+catback peak. Maybe possible at the biggest difference, but I still doubt it.
    I agree, power gains on an NA car just plain suck. Unless it's a 302ci or higher engine =) Even then if you were to put FI on a V8 you'd get the huge gain from freeing exhaust like a smaller FI engine.

I got tire of spending $1,000's on an NA engine just to gain 2-8hp at a time.

Peak HP doesnt make that much of a difference, if I got 30+ whp from an exhaust I'd want that tasty gain spread nicely all over my power band. I want to be faster at 3000rpm, rather than dead till 5500, in a road race the other car would be gone while you're waiting for power. 30hp worth in your mid range, while not losing anything up top is where it's at. You want a nice and flat, table top torque "curve".
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Iruka

21rwhp on the Dyno, without the piping done which would give u the 30-35hp increase. I believe the US of A's S2000 is also LEV compliant and therefore the gain would be similar. [/I]

http://www.autospeed.com/A_0911/page1.html

I don't know about that overseas "magazine". They gave screwy results when dynoing our WRX a while back. There's also a huge debate going on between Aussie dyno #'s and US dyno #s. I think the measuring, conversion weighting or something is different from the US. If there are more than like 3 different placing saying they've made those kind of (awesome) gains on the S2000 over here than I'd say it was a good trend. If it's only them, then they are too isolated to make good conclusions from.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

The following article shows a gain of 30rwhp on an S2000 with a cat-back exhaust system that is still quiet and not the freest flowing one available. Other people have got 35rwhp from Japanese designed cat-back systems only. (Note that some ppl don't want the max highest output PEAK power, especially on an N/A as it affects bottom end torque and is VERY NOISY!)

So IN THE FUTURE don't call people BS unless u're absolutely DEAD CERTAIN u are correct.

Hmmm, that's two....but no US figures.

Not saying it's not happening, but need more measuring. That's an absurdly high amount of power being gained from an already highly tuned engine.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

And Flex I read ur post.

Just looking at the RELATIVELY SMALL size of the Neuspeed exhaust tips its no wonder they couldn't get any gains..... Someone obviously doesn't know how to design the exhausts!!
    So is the total exhaust system 2" piping?

2", mandrel bent, is a great size for a 2ltr engine. You'd keep a nice portion of torque and drivability with that size.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123