95 Supra vs my '04 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 95 Supra vs my '04 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; (caution - LONG) (Sorry, no cliff notes) With the all the fame of the last generation Supra, even if it's ...

Talking 95 Supra vs my '04 WRX

(caution - LONG)

(Sorry, no cliff notes)

With the all the fame of the last generation Supra, even if it's NA, I was challenged to race the one you see in the picture below. I definitely do not have many victories or losses under my belt, and didn't think I'd be able to come home with a victory (or three!).

Race 1 & 2

After some cruising (VA-DC-VA), it was time to do what we originally intended. I shifted down to second going at about 40-50, then 3 horns, and we were off! I wasn't very confident but then all of a sudden, I begin to see the Supra slide back from half, to one and finally to 2 cars (according to my 'co-pilot' buddy- S2k owner) before we slowed down. We went at it again, and if the results weren't the same, then they were probably worse for the poor old Supra.

With a little more than 1/4 tank of gas left, we decided to make a quick run to the station, and that's where I find out that Supraboy never downshifted to second, and that he had been doing it from third both times...

It was just too good to be true...

Race 3

Supraboy was pumped and wanted a rematch! So as we drove our way back to his house, the road was finally empty so I yelled out to go from 3rd, then 3 horns later, and we were off! The Supra begin to slide back and it stayed there, half a car from my rubbishly stock, turbocharged, AWD, driven by what's inside, Subaru WRX!!! One more for the good guys... HOOOOYA!!!

When we got to his house, Supraboy seemed less than pleased and kept saying that I couldn't compare his 10-yr old car against my 2004 turbocharged car (he forgot to say F4). Maybe a good point, but he wasn't saying that before when he decided to race me. That we'll see later on when he puts a turbo on his car if I want to challenge him then... blah blah blah!

This was all taped but since it was his camera, he wanted to delete the footage...

I know, but hey, what can you do? After all, he threw a cookout earlier at his place, and I was still tasting those fat juicy burgers he cooked for all of us to eat so I couldn't really be mad at him .

Picture taken by Supraboy at an earlier date...
    Last edited by onoitsaWRX; 08-29-2004 at 03:54 PM.
    Gian - '06 Aspen White STi
    My site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: 95 Supra vs my '04 WRX

Originally posted by onoitsaWRX
    (caution - LONG)

(Sorry, no cliff notes)

With the all the fame of the last generation Supra, even if it's NA, I was challenged to race the one you see in the picture below. I definitely do not have many victories or losses under my belt, and didn't think I'd be able to come home with a victory (or three!).

Race 1 & 2

After some cruising (VA-DC-VA), it was time to do what we originally intended. I shifted down to second going at about 40-50, then 3 horns, and we were off! I wasn't very confident but then all of a sudden, I begin to see the Supra slide back from half, to one and finally to 2 cars (according to my 'co-pilot' buddy- S2k owner) before we slowed down. We went at it again, and if the results weren't the same, then they were probably worse for the poor old Supra.

With a little more than 1/4 tank of gas left, we decided to make a quick run to the station, and that's where I find out that Supraboy never downshifted to second, and that he had been doing it from third both times...

It was just too good to be true...

Race 3

Supraboy was pumped and wanted a rematch! So as we drove our way back to his house, the road was finally empty so I yelled out to go from 3rd, then 3 horns later, and we were off! The Supra begin to slide back and it stayed there, half a car from my rubbishly stock, turbocharged, AWD, driven by what's inside, Subaru WRX!!! One more for the good guys... HOOOOYA!!!

When we got to his house, Supraboy seemed less than pleased and kept saying that I couldn't compare his 10-yr old car against my 2004 turbocharged car (he forgot to say F4). Maybe a good point, but he wasn't saying that before when he decided to race me. That we'll see later on when he puts a turbo on his car if I want to challenge him then... blah blah blah!

This was all taped but since it was his camera, he wanted to delete the footage...

I know, but hey, what can you do? After all, he threw a cookout earlier at his place, and I was still tasting those fat juicy burgers he cooked for all of us to eat so I couldn't mad at him because of that.

Picture taken by Supraboy at an earlier date...
    Good Kill i think those NA's ran a best of 14.9 stock when they were new, since his car is 8 years old im sure he would be lucky to run low 15s.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Poor old NA Supras - the mystique can sometimes be more than the performance.

Thats not suprising that you beat him - the 04 WRX is the fastest of all the stock rexes, and is definately no slouch.

Wait until he gets a child eating turbo on that thing and you'll be doing alot of tail light inspection. The Supra and Skyline motors are the most moddable engines on the planet.

Good kill, now you should mod to stage four as he turbo's up, and try and beat him with serious turbo whine as the soundtrack.
    Silver Wagon Club

yeahhhh!!!! that a boy gian!!!! the race will always be remembered haha even without footage....but remember were on....
    my 1989 honda civic vs. ur 1980's chevy nova!!!

Originally posted by archiebrown
    Poor old NA Supras - the mystique can sometimes be more than the performance.

Thats not suprising that you beat him - the 04 WRX is the fastest of all the stock rexes, and is definately no slouch.

Wait until he gets a child eating turbo on that thing and you'll be doing alot of tail light inspection. The Supra and Skyline motors are the most moddable engines on the planet.

Good kill, now you should mod to stage four as he turbo's up, and try and beat him with serious turbo whine as the soundtrack.
    Thanks buddy, with a few mods I got planned, I will probably not be as fast as he could be, but fast enough to get dirty and post some good times in a super stage. :P

Bad weather... BRING IT!
    Gian - '06 Aspen White STi
    My site.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.