Me Vs NX Eclipse GSX/LS1 TransAm/
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me Vs NX Eclipse GSX/LS1 TransAm/ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First run was with the TA. Went from a roll and a stop. From a roll he got the jump ...

Me Vs NX Eclipse GSX/LS1 TransAm/

First run was with the TA. Went from a roll and a stop. From a roll he got the jump and put maybe half a car on me until I hit 2nd gears boost, then I pulled away hard, probably 2-3 cars on him by shutdown. Then from a dead stop I put about 2-3 cars on him on the launch and kept pulling. He has a couple really basic bolt-ons, not much, but i'm very happy with the 34's pulling from a roll. Watch the video of the T/A runs in the video forum. Or just click this: http://jat.zftp.com/aids.wmv

The GSX had about an equal launch with me, I had him by maybe half a car. I pulled about another three cars on him total to 105ish. He was running an NX 40 shot, upped boost, full exhaust, intake and a couple other minor bolt ons. I used to walk this guy all the time, that forty shot really helped out his top end it seems like, well that plus the added boost. I was very surprised to see he kept up that well.
    Last edited by Cavadini; 08-29-2004 at 04:23 AM.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    damn that's crazy that you pulled on the TA from a roll...I can see beating it from a stop with your mods but trapping 105, I can't see pulling on one...not calling BS but that's just odd...
    2003 SRT-4

I believe him, I pull on my friends trans am all the way to the end of 3rd gear from a roll and I dont even have an upgraded turbo.
    Bubis
    04' Aspen White Wrx
    ~Stock Turbo~
    231 whp
    ??? tq

Originally posted by Bubis
    I believe him, I pull on my friends trans am all the way to the end of 3rd gear from a roll and I dont even have an upgraded turbo.
    lt1??

My car dyno'ed 297rwhp BONE stock...hard to see you pulling on a car with ~65more rwhp unless the guy is a tard
    2003 SRT-4

my 105 trap was made with a map that had 10.8:1AFR, 25 degrees advanced timing with the utec in the 100% load collumn, and 20psi on 100 octane. Last night with my new tune i was running 12:1AFR, 28degrees timing advacned, and 22psi on 110octane leaded. The car pulls a "tad" harder now iwth that tune. I'll let you guys know next week of what i run at the track! Also if you dont believe me just watch the vid......
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

Originally posted by Cavadini
    my 105 trap was made with a map that had 10.8:1AFR, 25 degrees advanced timing with the utec in the 100% load collumn, and 20psi on 100 octane. Last night with my new tune i was running 12:1AFR, 28degrees timing advacned, and 22psi on 110octane leaded. The car pulls a "tad" harder now iwth that tune. I'll let you guys know next week of what i run at the track! Also if you dont believe me just watch the vid......
    oh ok
    2003 SRT-4

idk which trans am he has but he has 305 hp im not sure how much at the wheels but his is a 6spd and he got 4:10 gears put in.
    Bubis
    04' Aspen White Wrx
    ~Stock Turbo~
    231 whp
    ??? tq

idk which trans am he has but he has 305 hp im not sure how much at the wheels but his is a 6spd and he got 4:10 gears put in.
    wait...what do you mean it has 305hp? As in the factory GM rating?? Cause if that is what you're basing it on, it means he has an ls1 trans am, which likely makes about 300 AT THE WHEELS. They were all grossly underrated, in case you've been living in a cave....on Mars...for the last 5 years.

That + 4.10s means you're not hanging from ANY gear if he knows how to shift with even the precision of an Ape.
    2003 SRT-4

Good job man, nice video too!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Nice runs. You definately don't know what your going to get when you race an LS1.
    I pulled on a LS1 WS6 all the way to 130mph. I still have people that say it couldn't happen because I only trapped 105mph my last trip to the track, yet it happened.

My 99z28 ran very consistant 13.4s - 13.6s @ 105 mph with basic bolt ons. Thats it, no faster. I definately didn't have a factory freak.

I kno for a fact he doesnt 300 at the wheels. Hes not the best driver but he isnt the worst...you gotta remember this is on the streets I wouldnt bother posting bs and if I did it wouldnt be about a trans am.
    Bubis
    04' Aspen White Wrx
    ~Stock Turbo~
    231 whp
    ??? tq

I kno for a fact he doesnt 300 at the wheels. Hes not the best driver but he isnt the worst...you gotta remember this is on the streets I wouldnt bother posting bs and if I did it wouldnt be about a trans am.
    I could see if you said "ONE time I beat this trans am..." But to consistantly beat a car with AT LEAST 45 more whp than you, means he sucks at the drivering.
    2003 SRT-4

I never ment consistently so if i said that scratch it, only twice we didnt race again, never really got a chance and didnt really care for it cause we both knew he was pulling away.
    Bubis
    04' Aspen White Wrx
    ~Stock Turbo~
    231 whp
    ??? tq

I never ment consistently so if i said that scratch it, only twice we didnt race again, never really got a chance and didnt really care for it cause we both knew he was pulling away.
    oh ok
    2003 SRT-4

I keep hearing about how the TA has 45 more horses than the subaru, u ever stop and think that maybe the TA weighs a lot more?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast