Me Vs NX Eclipse GSX/LS1 TransAm/ - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me Vs NX Eclipse GSX/LS1 TransAm/ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dunno, my experience with stock turbo vs ls1 T/A's ahve been me losing quite a bit. When I had ...

I dunno, my experience with stock turbo vs ls1 T/A's ahve been me losing quite a bit. When I had a very aggressively tuned map with the stock turbo from a stop i could hold em off to about 90-95ish and then they'd walk past me pretty good. From a roll they would pull off the jump and not let me pull on them at all. It took me alot of HP and aggressive tuning with a vf34 to pull only 2-3 cars on this T/A from a roll. This is on 110 octane gas, 22psi, VERY aggressive timing and fuel(I did have 3 people inside my car however with all windows down). Properly driven, a very basiclaly bone stock LS1 can usually even hang with a 30/34 stage IV wrx. My buddy weedy and I a long time ago in his car(vf30) ran a SS camaro from a dig and only pulled about a car on him. LS1's are no joke top end mofo's. I hate running them because as stated earlier, you hav eno idea what you're racing. They could just loud exhaust stockers or heavy modified sleepers that run 11's. But hey, that's all the sport right?

And about the T/A being heavy, keep in mind our scoobys weigh what? 3200 lbs i believe? That's pretty damn heavy for an AWD car from a roll to be taking a LS1. Plus the fact that the design of the WRX is like an aerodynamic breadbox compared to most other sportscars which makes us from high speeds have a lack of top end unless you got one big giant snail under the hood!
    Last edited by Cavadini; 08-29-2004 at 02:23 PM.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

actually i read somewhere that the aerodynamics of our cars are better then most sports cars...forgot where it was, i think there was a thread about it on here
    Bubis
    04' Aspen White Wrx
    ~Stock Turbo~
    231 whp
    ??? tq

I'd be willing to bet some major money on my part. Have you ever seen a side profile of our car next to a trans am, or infiniti, or a....breadbox? I think a big giant breadbox is literally more aerodynamic than a wrx.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    MODS

Originally posted by psychoskip
    I keep hearing about how the TA has 45 more horses than the subaru, u ever stop and think that maybe the TA weighs a lot more?
    Yeah that definitely plays a factor in it...my car is terribly untuned and I either hang with or pull a little on my buddies automatic with intake, exhaust and converter 2000 ta.

And some may say his car is a lemon, but he ran a 2000 ls1 6 speed from a roll and was dead even with it.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Like I was saying the wrx has a CD of .33 better then most cars.
    Aerodynamics has nothing to do with it.

www.darklair.com/cd.html
    Bubis
    04' Aspen White Wrx
    ~Stock Turbo~
    231 whp
    ??? tq

Originally posted by Bubis
    actually i read somewhere that the aerodynamics of our cars are better then most sports cars...forgot where it was, i think there was a thread about it on here
    aerodynamics has nothing to do with it
    ??

I just dont understand at all how a subaru wrx could be more aerodynamic or have a less CD than a Audi TT for isntance, if somebody could elaborate that would be awesome.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    MODS

I dont either bro...lol
    Bubis
    04' Aspen White Wrx
    ~Stock Turbo~
    231 whp
    ??? tq

hehe cool. I just dont get it, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP US!!! hehe.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    MODS

Originally posted by Bubis
    Like I was saying the wrx has a CD of .33 better then most cars.
    Aerodynamics has nothing to do with it.

www.darklair.com/cd.html
    Imagine if we turned the hood scoop around j/k
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    wait wtf, LOL my camaro is a freaking door wedge...how the hell isn't it the most aerodynamic car ever??
    2003 SRT-4

haha
    Bubis
    04' Aspen White Wrx
    ~Stock Turbo~
    231 whp
    ??? tq

WRX=brick end of discusion
    Subaru - We actually do the **** that Audi has been bragging about for 20 years. Quitters.

Wrx weighs 3085lbs...

Good kill...I want to race a vf34...they make some good power.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by psychoskip
    I keep hearing about how the TA has 45 more horses than the subaru, u ever stop and think that maybe the TA weighs a lot more?
    TA is 3350lbs and the wrx is damn near the same, you ever stop n think your going up against a V8 that runs 13.0-13.3 stock.. Ive seen these things jump into 12's with an exhaust n intake, and top end, forget about it with a wrx and especially not with a vf34

Originally posted by Cavadini
    I dunno, my experience with stock turbo vs ls1 T/A's ahve been me losing quite a bit. When I had a very aggressively tuned map with the stock turbo from a stop i could hold em off to about 90-95ish and then they'd walk past me pretty good. From a roll they would pull off the jump and not let me pull on them at all. It took me alot of HP and aggressive tuning with a vf34 to pull only 2-3 cars on this T/A from a roll. This is on 110 octane gas, 22psi, VERY aggressive timing and fuel
    dude your street racing with 110octane, lol wtf..

I would never race anyone who does any of the following

strips things out of there car
    runs race gas
    or runs slicks

because if your running any of those you should have a strickly track car that runs 10s and you shouldnt care about racing my street car

nitrous is fair game though, i can tell you a ram air TA with i/h/e your setup aint touching AT ALL from a roll, and if it is, either that guy cant drive or his mom doest want him to race and put water in his gas tank cuz thats BS..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.