Another fast one! 350Z with Blower!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another fast one! 350Z with Blower!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm driving along and I see a sweet silver 350z coming behind me...I see a fat intercooler in the ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Another fast one! 350Z with Blower!!

So I'm driving along and I see a sweet silver 350z coming behind me...I see a fat intercooler in the grill so I immediately starting getting excited...I slow down, he catches up and then pulls around me. I drop to 3rd (shoulda dropped to 2nd!!!) but I underestimated him... He takes off hard and I couldnt pull past him. We got up to 100 FAST and then I let out cause I really try not to go higher than that on public roads I caught up again and we went again, briefly and again were about even. The guy was uber cool, he threw up a big thumbs up and I returned the favor. The thing was fast!! Yesterday the porsche and now this!! This guy seemed to be as fast as the porsche was...what do supercharged/intercooled whatever 350z's put down?!
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depends on which one it was...

GReddy
    TD05H 18G turbo, cast iron manifold, twin external wastegates, cast ductile iron downpipe adapter, intake pipe...440cc injectors, engine managment computer.

its good for at least 380 at the wheels !

Stillen
    Stillen Supercharger (370hp / 346 tq)
    but thats the 50 state legal one.. so im sure theres ones that go for 400 hp...

but ya, that should explain a lot... i had a twin turbo 350Z chase me down once and try to race me from a roll.. I just ignored him, haha... I didnt wanna get killed horribly in front of my friends
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Originally posted by amukaoen
    Depends on which one it was...

GReddy
    TD05H 18G turbo, cast iron manifold, twin external wastegates, cast ductile iron downpipe adapter, intake pipe...440cc injectors, engine managment computer.

its good for at least 380 at the wheels !

Stillen
    Stillen Supercharger (370hp / 346 tq)
    but thats the 50 state legal one.. so im sure theres ones that go for 400 hp...

but ya, that should explain a lot... i had a twin turbo 350Z chase me down once and try to race me from a roll.. I just ignored him, haha... I didnt wanna get killed horribly in front of my friends
    yea, whatever he had, he was right about where I am...
    2003 SRT-4

He had to be right around you..I have seen s/c ones throw down 330-350whp... He had to be right there w/you. But my friends throws down 450whp w/ a custom turbo kit...but he cant get any traction...zero...Nice run...I love when they come in sequence like that.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    He had to be right around you..I have seen s/c ones throw down 330-350whp... He had to be right there w/you. But my friends throws down 450whp w/ a custom turbo kit...but he cant get any traction...zero...Nice run...I love when they come in sequence like that.
    yea, this was by far the best week of racing I've had in months...

also, it definitely wasn't a turbo because I had my windows down and t-tops off and all I heard was his and my exhaust.
    2003 SRT-4

I've seen a s/c 350Z do mid 13s in the 1/4. Not sure what else was done to it other than supercharger though.
    Really
    Idiotic
    Car
    Enhancements

--Nuff Said--

Click here to visit the Grand Am's web page

I saw a Twin Turbo 350Z doing mid 13s all night long at the track by me, really nice car but not very impressive.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Blown 350Z's make a lotta power, and I was planning on buying one, and blowing it, before I changed my mind and decided to go for an STi instead
    Love, Peace, and Grease...
    -BlueSix

With out slicks there not that fast at the track. My friend w/the 450whp only is capable of mid to high 12' at around 114 traps...Traction is a huge problem for them...On street tires they are very beatable.

If it was s/c then you would have pulled him from 2nd...330whp and it weighs 3300 lbs...not that impressive.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Sounds like fun. "Real" modded cars are hard to come by around here. Mostly ricers.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by elohdaeh78
    I saw a Twin Turbo 350Z doing mid 13s all night long at the track by me, really nice car but not very impressive.
    But what did he trap?? He ran mid 13's because he probably had no traction as 13secwrx has said. Trust me, s/c and TT 350Z's are no joke. Im sure if you saw one race on the highway you would be impressed
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    But what did he trap?? He ran mid 13's because he probably had no traction as 13secwrx has said. Trust me, s/c and TT 350Z's are no joke. Im sure if you saw one race on the highway you would be impressed
    To be honest with you i don't remember what he trapped but i saw him do at least 3 passes and it didn't seem like he was having traction problems and it also didn't seem like he was trapping all that fast. I think his best pass was a 13.3 or a 13.5.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

My friends z is acutally having its guts ripped out right now..

He sold the twin 18g's...

He's building the motor

oh an dputting twin bb gt35r's....

guess I'm out...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

s/c'd Z at e-town at the spring show-n-go was running high twelves...with all the other japanese guys there...pretty awesome car, sounded sick breaking the rear loose through 2nd
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast