Got challenged by a Z06.. Video of m3 freind.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Got challenged by a Z06.. Video of m3 freind.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You will own the z06! Just make sure you put some grease on his tires before the start of the ...

You will own the z06! Just make sure you put some grease on his tires before the start of the race

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

All the m3 had was a full exhaust. Exhaust on an NA car doesnt help much.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Banned

huh???

He had a dinan chip , Dinan cold air inatke a exhaust and suspension wortk with upgraded GT brakes.. He sig doesnt show everything

So he has a dinan stage 2 ecu reflash, dinan intake, and full exhaust. Still it's probably giving him 15-20whp at the most. Which would put him around 290 whp. I used to have an m-roadster, so I know all about the s54 motor. That motor is pretty much maxed anyways, the mods don't help very much.
    Mods

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    If he's willing to go from a dig, go for it. I've beaten many Z06 Vettes in drag races. Don't mess with them at higher speeds but they can definately be beat in a drag race.

I even beat one with a 13.0 @ 104 sec run. In my stage 4 WRX,
    12.7 @ 108 mph, I beat them all the time.

I even went to a Corvette Shootout and watched about 80% of the Z06 Vettes run high 12s - low 13s. That was on a prepped track, which is much different than racing on the street.
    those are NORMAL VETTES. NOT A Z06.. z06 is like an STI to a wrx man

you are definately not aware of a z06 vette lol, a stock regular LT1(which is a reg vette you typically see running about 40k for a good one) pulls 12.9 or better on street tires, my uncle has one n so does a friend, and that is not a z06 my friend, thats just the normal vette, the z06 lol you def havent raced one..

now a z06 puts down low 12's with a decent driver, anyone who has driven that car for a while will do well with it will it and put down those numbers easily.. A z06 is alot more expensive then a normal vette, people think the z06 is a normal corvette u see on the streets, they run head to head with vipers quite frequently down here..

lol from a roll... plz, just dont do that to yourself
    Last edited by rooflz; 08-29-2004 at 07:59 PM.

c5 corvettes have ls1 motors not lt1.
    Mods

i always get that letter mixed up

Mods

I have NEVER seen a stock C5 run in the 12s and i have see alot of them at the track. You need a great driver with perfect conditions to run 12s in a bone stock C5. My brother beat one with his WRX and he only ran a 13.9. All the C5s i have seen run between 14.0-13.3 if they are bone stock.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Originally posted by rooflz
    those are NORMAL VETTES. NOT A Z06.. z06 is like an STI to a wrx man

you are definately not aware of a z06 vette lol, a stock regular LT1(which is a reg vette you typically see running about 40k for a good one) pulls 12.9 or better on street tires, my uncle has one n so does a friend, and that is not a z06 my friend, thats just the normal vette, the z06 lol you def havent raced one..

now a z06 puts down low 12's with a decent driver, anyone who has driven that car for a while will do well with it will it and put down those numbers easily.. A z06 is alot more expensive then a normal vette, people think the z06 is a normal corvette u see on the streets, they run head to head with vipers quite frequently down here..

lol from a roll... plz, just dont do that to yourself
    Z06s are quick, but its not like they are unbeatable. Hell, I seen one at the track and the best he could pull was a 13.1. I also seen a 04 Viper at the track just this past weekend and the best he could do was a 13.4. This was not a regular C5, it was a verifiable Z06 and there is no mistaking a Viper. Moral of the story is the almighty Z06 and Viper might not be that almighty. They are both no joke from a roll though.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

You see stock C5s run 12s as often as you see stock WRX's run 14.1....NEVER
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Originally posted by elohdaeh78
    You see stock C5s run 12s as often as you see stock WRX's run 14.1....NEVER
    1 in a million.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12