My WRX vs. a 1st gen SRT?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My WRX vs. a 1st gen SRT? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Let me start by saying I do not search out or otherwise look to challenge other cars while driving. It ...

I Support ClubWRX

My WRX vs. a 1st gen SRT?

Let me start by saying I do not search out or otherwise look to challenge other cars while driving. It isnít worth it and proves nothing.

Earlier this week a first or second year SRT-4 was in front of me on an onramp. I saw an opening in the ever increasing early afternoon rush hour traffic. I gunned it and flew by the SRT. I easily merged into the spot I wanted. The SRT driver did not. Several cars behind me, the SRT driver felt compelled to weave in & out of traffic until he was close behind me. I then got off the next exit (as I normally would have).

A kill? I think it was more good timing on my part than anything. It felt good anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Doesn't sound like a race to me why would you feel good about a race in rush hour traffic? There's no way you can compare the performance of two cars in about 10 ft of space. But, if you feel good about it..I guess it was worth it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Again, I do not seek out street races. I try to stay away from them (makes for cheaper insurance!). The fact that I was behind a genuine contender and out accelerated him felt good.

You have a wrx correct? If so, you won't pull on an SRT4 from a roll if you are stock, and the SRT4 driver was trying. They all put down more whp than a stock WRX .
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    You have a wrx correct? If so, you won't pull on an SRT4 from a roll if you are stock, and the SRT4 driver was trying. They all put down more whp than a stock WRX .
    does at the crank.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Stock? Cobb AccessPORT stage 1 is the only significant mod I have. Being well in front, the SRT-4 driver had a much better shot at the opening in traffic than I did. In the 5 months Iíve had the WRX, this was the only real measurable challenge Iíve had. Let me enjoy it Ö

I Support ClubWRX
    One more time ... I do not seek out street races! I thought fellow WRX'ers would like reading this SRT-4 encounter.

He was not racing you, you were just lucky enough to see the the opening before he did. If he was infront of you and took the same path as you there would be no way you would have passed him if he was trying.

Originally posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Stock? Cobb AccessPORT stage 1 is the only significant mod I have. Being well in front, the SRT-4 driver had a much better shot at the opening in traffic than I did. In the 5 months Iíve had the WRX, this was the only real measurable challenge Iíve had. Let me enjoy it Ö
    I'm not taking anythign away from your little run.. Just mentioning the facts really... The SRT4's are underrated bigtime, and put down 220+ whp down stock. What happened to you happened to you, but in a real race, you need to have more power than stock to play.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you did a WRX flyby on the SRT-4. Which if it is the case, means you did not actually race him. You flew by him unexpectingly. If you would have went from a roll, he would have pulled you. Believe me.

And please do not race in traffic.

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Sounds like you did a WRX flyby on the SRT-4.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Sounds like you did a WRX flyby on the SRT-4. Which if it is the case, means you did not actually race him. You flew by him unexpectingly. If you would have went from a roll, he would have pulled you. Believe me.

And please do not race in traffic.
    Yes, a ďfly byĒ may very well be correct. Werenít the first SRTs rated (conservatively?) at 215hp?

The horspower is underrated. The SRT-4 actually put more horspower to the ground than the company's advertised flywheel horsepower!
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    does at the crank.

tru tru.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

umm its 237to th wheels lol for a srt 2nd gen

first were 224whp...

and from a roll they scream..

i trest drove an 02 wrx n ran into my best friend with his srt, now his best time at the track was 13.9, but hes only hit that once bone stock, rest of his runs are consistant 14.1's in that range, so we go at it and amazingly i took him all the way up to 4th n we stopped due to traffic.. he did hit his rev limiter in first, but i launched the wrx from redline( ididnt care, was test drivin n had no itention of buying lol) i know its ****ed up but..

yea man them srt's scream from a roll, there 2930lbs, so that hurts alot when your tryin to compete with wat 190whp wrx that weighs almost 400lbs more

if they make any mistakes driving a stock wrx takes them, but naturally they are quicker, anyway back to your past, thats not a kill lol.. wat were you thinking..?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.