funny story at altitude
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on funny story at altitude within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was coming home around 10:00 on 104th ave. I was getting off the off ramp from 104th. There is ...

funny story at altitude

I was coming home around 10:00 on 104th ave. I was getting off the off ramp from 104th. There is a clearing in traffic so I go as I am getting onto 104th there is a Scion (sp) the box type flies by me. I dont think anything of it. Well He sees me and he slaims on his breaks and I see that the car is new for whoever is driving it cause it still has temp tags on it. Well he slows do slow enough that I can see it is 2 young guys in it. At this point he begins to pace me right next to me. I still dont think anything of it well I look over and the kid signals for me to run him and I laugh at him. Well he still paces me for a few more seconds and he does he hand motion again and than i begin to laugh even harder. Well I didnt run him cause it is not worth my gas and i am still in the break in period on my clutch. So I will be looking for a story somewhere on the net that a brand new scion got and sti to back down from me.

I mean come on did this stupid kid think that he actually had a chance against me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I get all manner of ****heaps trying to race me. The wing seems to incite some kind of road rage in people. It seems a lot of these folks think the Evo is some 80hp riced-up econobox.. There's probably the same perception of the STi.

Educating folks is fun though, eh.

-pace

No one wants to play with me though.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

Some cavalier just tried to play with me...

What a t00L
    2004 PSM WRX Sedan

AIM:
    XxGoudaxX

I was walking into the grocery store earlier and 3 young guys got out of a riced out RSX. I was walking behind them into the store, and one of them went "whoa, dude look at that STi!" and pointed at my car. Then I heard them mumbling a buncha gibberish about it. It made me feel special. The end.

I like tearing up civics in my car, just remember, streetracing is bad unless youre drunk and in a school zone

FTW
    **** politics, **** religion, dance with a chainsaw!

We're taking on water and about to ****in' sink No one seems to notice, No one even blinks

Registered User tallicaguitar88's Avatar
    Originally posted by incorporeal
    I like tearing up civics in my car, just remember, streetracing is bad unless youre drunk and in a school zone

FTW
    amen
    t3h r!ch4rd!

I raced a nice newer 911 2 nights ago. Silver with a 40+ year old guy behind the wheel. We kept hitting red lights. I figured a cop was going to see us but couldn't help myself. My story starts at a stoplight where we were both taking a left and at the front of the 2 left turn lanes. He looks over, when the light turns green we both take the left kinda fast, then I pull away as he tries to keep up. Then we are at a stoplight. Next to each other again. It turns green and he takes off fast. About .5 seconds later, my car reaches about 5500 rpms and I then launch right by him tires spinning. He tries to stay with me again but I am slowly pulling on him in 3rd. Red light ahead, I slow down and drop it into 2nd gear. He paces me also in 2nd. The light turned green while I was at around 2500 rpms. I hear him push in the clutch, rev up, and dump it from a roll. He lurches past me and I am just starting to spool, then boost hits and I am passing him slowly. He turned off before the next red light.

Today I raced an older generation MR2 turbo. Pretty good race from a roll, I barely had him, but I smoked him from a light. He wouldn't even look at me but was more than willing to have a go!

The other day Ian and I were playing around at a stoplight and we both smoked a rusted old 68 cougar. The guy tried to outlaunch me at the next light so I let him, paced him, sloooowly passed him, then I opened er up and showed him my cars ability to appear to decrease in size rapidly when you cover one eye!

I lost to my freind last Sunday, and seriously lost about half my clutch pedal's travel, in just one race! He posts on a local LS-1 board and I haven't seen him in a while. He has a stroked 383 01 Camaro SS. I had my bike on the back in the bike rack and beleive that is why I lost. It costs me 3 mpg on the hwy when loaded. At Bandimere, my freind pulls a 13.6 at 103 versus my 13.5 at 103. I had just gotten up and wasn't completely awake. His car is very very loud. Looking down at my tach, I realized after launching that,
    a) my foot was still on the clutch a little,
    b)I could smell a funny icky smell, and
    c)I was bouncing the tach needle off of the rev limiter.
    Suddenly jolting awake I pulled my foot off the clutch, but it was too late. I bet I glazed it. I hope the flywheel and pressure plate are ok but doubt it. It hasn't been the same since, but I have launched once or twice since then and holds/spins tires ok. Sometimes 270 lb/ft uncorrected is a bad thing.

I have had a mixed bag of a car week but have no complaints. I am getting hitched, bar business is booming, and changing a clutch is easier than a motor.

Thanks for listening doctor. Same time next week?
    Speed freak

Hi Harvey!...... I need to talk to you sometime

FTW
    **** politics, **** religion, dance with a chainsaw!

We're taking on water and about to ****in' sink No one seems to notice, No one even blinks

I was on my way to school last week, minding my own business, listening to the radio when I hear this godawful noise. It sounded like a car was dying.

I look over and see this 30ish guy in a early 90s bone stock Saturn revving at me.

What the deuce?

I got a '00-ish Maxima. That's the first, this far.
    Mark & Irena West
    ----------
    http://www.boostaholic.org
    http://www.zilvia.net
    http://www.rm240sx.org
    ----------
    2002 Silver Wagon
    1991 Nissan 240SX SE

SBWC

I lost to a damn Honda CRX,... but then again I really didn't try... Plus, we started while driving and at the light I talked to him. He had a f***** engine swap... that bas****. I've never lost to a Honda before either... O-well. I hate when I don't try... I need the boost in my car...
    -Jon-
    I have two stickers on the front and back of my car that make it more aerodynamic and add 113 hp each...
    Originally posted by svc
    Your smiley-to-word ratio is impressive! That's almost a 1:3 right there!
    Haven't seen that since subiefeind

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.