funny story at altitude

This is a discussion on funny story at altitude within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was coming home around 10:00 on 104th ave. I was getting off the off ramp from 104th. There is ...

funny story at altitude

I was coming home around 10:00 on 104th ave. I was getting off the off ramp from 104th. There is a clearing in traffic so I go as I am getting onto 104th there is a Scion (sp) the box type flies by me. I dont think anything of it. Well He sees me and he slaims on his breaks and I see that the car is new for whoever is driving it cause it still has temp tags on it. Well he slows do slow enough that I can see it is 2 young guys in it. At this point he begins to pace me right next to me. I still dont think anything of it well I look over and the kid signals for me to run him and I laugh at him. Well he still paces me for a few more seconds and he does he hand motion again and than i begin to laugh even harder. Well I didnt run him cause it is not worth my gas and i am still in the break in period on my clutch. So I will be looking for a story somewhere on the net that a brand new scion got and sti to back down from me.

I mean come on did this stupid kid think that he actually had a chance against me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I get all manner of ****heaps trying to race me. The wing seems to incite some kind of road rage in people. It seems a lot of these folks think the Evo is some 80hp riced-up econobox.. There's probably the same perception of the STi.

Educating folks is fun though, eh.

-pace

No one wants to play with me though.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

Some cavalier just tried to play with me...

What a t00L
    2004 PSM WRX Sedan

AIM:
    XxGoudaxX

I was walking into the grocery store earlier and 3 young guys got out of a riced out RSX. I was walking behind them into the store, and one of them went "whoa, dude look at that STi!" and pointed at my car. Then I heard them mumbling a buncha gibberish about it. It made me feel special. The end.

I like tearing up civics in my car, just remember, streetracing is bad unless youre drunk and in a school zone

FTW
    **** politics, **** religion, dance with a chainsaw!

We're taking on water and about to ****in' sink No one seems to notice, No one even blinks

Registered User tallicaguitar88's Avatar
    Originally posted by incorporeal
    I like tearing up civics in my car, just remember, streetracing is bad unless youre drunk and in a school zone

FTW
    amen
    t3h r!ch4rd!

I raced a nice newer 911 2 nights ago. Silver with a 40+ year old guy behind the wheel. We kept hitting red lights. I figured a cop was going to see us but couldn't help myself. My story starts at a stoplight where we were both taking a left and at the front of the 2 left turn lanes. He looks over, when the light turns green we both take the left kinda fast, then I pull away as he tries to keep up. Then we are at a stoplight. Next to each other again. It turns green and he takes off fast. About .5 seconds later, my car reaches about 5500 rpms and I then launch right by him tires spinning. He tries to stay with me again but I am slowly pulling on him in 3rd. Red light ahead, I slow down and drop it into 2nd gear. He paces me also in 2nd. The light turned green while I was at around 2500 rpms. I hear him push in the clutch, rev up, and dump it from a roll. He lurches past me and I am just starting to spool, then boost hits and I am passing him slowly. He turned off before the next red light.

Today I raced an older generation MR2 turbo. Pretty good race from a roll, I barely had him, but I smoked him from a light. He wouldn't even look at me but was more than willing to have a go!

The other day Ian and I were playing around at a stoplight and we both smoked a rusted old 68 cougar. The guy tried to outlaunch me at the next light so I let him, paced him, sloooowly passed him, then I opened er up and showed him my cars ability to appear to decrease in size rapidly when you cover one eye!

I lost to my freind last Sunday, and seriously lost about half my clutch pedal's travel, in just one race! He posts on a local LS-1 board and I haven't seen him in a while. He has a stroked 383 01 Camaro SS. I had my bike on the back in the bike rack and beleive that is why I lost. It costs me 3 mpg on the hwy when loaded. At Bandimere, my freind pulls a 13.6 at 103 versus my 13.5 at 103. I had just gotten up and wasn't completely awake. His car is very very loud. Looking down at my tach, I realized after launching that,
    a) my foot was still on the clutch a little,
    b)I could smell a funny icky smell, and
    c)I was bouncing the tach needle off of the rev limiter.
    Suddenly jolting awake I pulled my foot off the clutch, but it was too late. I bet I glazed it. I hope the flywheel and pressure plate are ok but doubt it. It hasn't been the same since, but I have launched once or twice since then and holds/spins tires ok. Sometimes 270 lb/ft uncorrected is a bad thing.

I have had a mixed bag of a car week but have no complaints. I am getting hitched, bar business is booming, and changing a clutch is easier than a motor.

Thanks for listening doctor. Same time next week?
    Speed freak

Hi Harvey!...... I need to talk to you sometime

FTW
    **** politics, **** religion, dance with a chainsaw!

We're taking on water and about to ****in' sink No one seems to notice, No one even blinks

I was on my way to school last week, minding my own business, listening to the radio when I hear this godawful noise. It sounded like a car was dying.

I look over and see this 30ish guy in a early 90s bone stock Saturn revving at me.

What the deuce?

I got a '00-ish Maxima. That's the first, this far.
    Mark & Irena West
    ----------
    http://www.boostaholic.org
    http://www.zilvia.net
    http://www.rm240sx.org
    ----------
    2002 Silver Wagon
    1991 Nissan 240SX SE

SBWC

I lost to a damn Honda CRX,... but then again I really didn't try... Plus, we started while driving and at the light I talked to him. He had a f***** engine swap... that bas****. I've never lost to a Honda before either... O-well. I hate when I don't try... I need the boost in my car...
    -Jon-
    I have two stickers on the front and back of my car that make it more aerodynamic and add 113 hp each...
    Originally posted by svc
    Your smiley-to-word ratio is impressive! That's almost a 1:3 right there!
    Haven't seen that since subiefeind