People avoid the WRX like the plague these days..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on People avoid the WRX like the plague these days.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When I first got the car people would race around with me all the time now it seems I can't ...

Unhappy People avoid the WRX like the plague these days..

When I first got the car people would race around with me all the time now it seems I can't get anyone to even look my way. Why? Are people becoming more and more aware of the WRX or are there other reasons. Maybe those MTV real life shows are turning people away from street racing......

Your thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Probably because they come here and learn that WRX vs Viper is a drivers race!! Damn right they are afraid of the WRX's power!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

I know what you mean

I know what you mean. Around the DSM area I usally get women in giant SUVs or Mini Vans that are more willing to have fun than the riced out hondas. LOL
    Today though I ran into some highschool kids in a red 2000 chevy cav with wire wheel covers and a BIG chrome muffler and even though they knew they were out classed you could tell they were having fun.
    I am just wonder what it must be like to really run someone with greater or equal xp.

Pete
    Blitz Turbo Timer, TurboXS mbc, uppipe, Samco intercooler hoses, TurboXS Unichip (stage 1), TurboXS intake, Vishnu downpipe.

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    Probably because they come here and learn that WRX vs Viper is a drivers race!! Damn right they are afraid of the WRX's power!
    I know I still can't get over that one.

Are you the same person? or did you kill the old RSXSucks and take over his screen name?

Originally posted by wombat

I know I still can't get over that one.

Are you the same person? or did you kill the old RSXSucks and take over his screen name?
    either way i like this new aproach
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

str
    have fun trying to get an rsx to race you. they won't even look my way, except for one that i raced, beat it by about 5-6 cars.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    No one ever really tries to race me anymore
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Whoahoo, this is my first post on clubwrx.net. I've been on i-club.com since last april (tmarcel) and thought I'd give this forum a shot.

Anyhow, I know what you mean. When I first got my WRX last year, it seemed like everybody wanted a piece. Maybe it was their lack of knowledge or curiousity.

Now, most people won't look over. That's ok though because I really don't want to get in any trouble and will usually avoid that kinda stuff. Really, I'll usually only initiate a friendly redlight race against a car that I know (or at least might be) quick and not risk my ass on 85% of the cars out there.

Later,
    Todd
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

I was wondering the same thing, it's rare that someone tries to whip it out on me ...
    Death to all you wiggy-wiggy white boys

I hear you guys. Lately it seems like everyone just wants to stay away. People now look at the WRX and understand that it has serious power. I have kids checking out my car the same way I use to check out corvettes. I think the general public is reading more reviews about the WRX and are now accepting it as a legit sports car from Subaru. All it means to us is that we have arrived.

Yeah, but it also means that we can start taking on other, more expensive cars like Z06's, Ferrari's, Lambo's, and other exotics, unless their issues of Wine Inquirer and Cigar and GQ have told them otherwise
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Talking

Originally posted by BaffledWBS
    and are now accepting it as a legit sports car from Subaru.
    Actually, I think that's part of what confuses the general public about it. Officially, it's not a sports car, so when they see something like a S2000 they think "oh wow look at that fast car" but then they see the WRX and don't really know what to make of it.

I know becasue the other day I had a couple of neighbors follow me up to the dragstrip and they were totally freaking out because I was killing cars that were "perceived" to be fast to them.

In their minds, they thought my little four door Japanese car was going to get crushed by the big domestic V8 boys. - NOT Let's just say that they now have a brand new perspective on my 2.0T WRX.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4

In their minds, they thought my little four door Japanese car was going to get crushed by the big domestic V8 boys.

The sleeper image of the WRX is one of the reasons I dig it so much. I love it when people that don't know what the WRX is get in my wagon. The first thing I do is floor it and their reaction is to grip onto the dash like a monkey gripping a banana.

It just seems to me that since I bought my car (march) that our sleeper image is starting to awaken.

I have only had my car for 10 days, and i have noticed that VERY few people are down to race, in the lightly modded '97 BMW 328i I had before i would get races all the time. So far im about 8-2, not bad considering my losses were to a mid-12 second Supra(so he claimed), and a S4 with exhaust mods. Either way, ill agree that word is spreading about the WRX, our sleeper days may be numbered......
    '02 WRX as of 8/2
    WR Blue Exterior
    -STi Short Shifter
    -Injen CAI in Blue
    -TXS H-RFL BOV

Do you really think that hood scoop, ralley headlights / fog lights and *kinda big* spoiler on ur trunk give a sleeper look? . . .
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast