People avoid the WRX like the plague these days.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on People avoid the WRX like the plague these days.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by THE ONE How the hell did this thread get pulled back out from the dead?!?! No sh1t! ...

Originally posted by THE ONE
    How the hell did this thread get pulled back out from the dead?!?!
    No sh1t!
    phreze: what the heck did you search for that pulled up this thread?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by wombat
    also don't forget the frontal labotomy
    But I'd rather have a bottle in front of me... after I've pulled on another S4. Yes, they're much more refined than a WRX and pretty strong too. Yet it's fun to beat one with a less expensive machine.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

My take on this thread is pretty simple. I'm glad I got my STI because maybe i'll get some good races again. In my supra, people see the body kit accentuating the giant FMIC, and hear the external wastegate dumped to the atmosphere, which might be a little loud, and I can't get damn crotch rockets to race me.
    Nick
    04 Black STI
    94 Supra - Big Single

tell me about it... very few want some of the gsx now adays also... i cant believe it took years for people to realize the potential of turbo and awd
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

There is a lot of truth in this thread. I had a ford Ranger before my rex and people would get next to me at a light to race me to the merge ahead only to go 5 under the speed limit. Now I pray for that crap and nothing.

What I don't understand is why people lay off. Who cares if you loose. Maybe it is because they have all kinds of lights and body kits and no muscle and it is embarrassing.

When the light turns green, I always wait to see what the other car is going to do, in the rex, they hardly move. They inch away from the light like they don't want to provoke me.

Well, the car is still a blast to drive!
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

hondas, toyoyas won't try to race me but elantra just did today while i was overtaking him on one lane remote road (he was doing 40kph in 80kph zone)
    - 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

we have all the wrx's looking for V8's and cars that's boosted and all the svt cobras and other v8's looking for wrx's down here.

it's funny, this one wrx owner would not race anything else then domastic v8's. It's a good race tho.

Two more avoided races tonight. One was a grand-am with about as much sh*t as you could put on it. I even noticed that the dashboard had a neon string around it. Next to me at a light. Didn't even sit next to me so I could see in his car. Light turns, I don't move until after he goes, he very slooowly makes it to speed.
    The other was an eclipse with some kind of glow thingy on his rims so when he was driving it looked like a circle of neon. I wanted to smoke him just for that. Next to him, I get on it up until the speed limit of 40, he barly made it across the intersection.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123