Just got to run a New porsche TURBO!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just got to run a New porsche TURBO!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The reason I belive it is because if it were not a turbo then you would have pulled him no ...

The reason I belive it is because if it were not a turbo then you would have pulled him no problem...so If you raced a porsche then it was turbo and good job staying w/in him...Every shift must have been nerve racking..its usually that way when I race fast cars or cars I am nervous ethat cna beat me.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice run Jason.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

so is this the GT2?

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by Spectre186
    so is this the GT2?
    I dont know...it was gunmetal grey...had funky exhaust tips...sort of like dual oval shaped things...and said "turbo" on the rear...it had a big wing too.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by zoophagy
    Sweet!

I am hoping to be able to destroy stock 911 Turbos from a roll soon. If your experience is representative of what they can do, I should have absolutely no problem.

The fastest Porsche 911 Turbo Car and Driver has ever tested ran 12.2 at 116 mph. They said that this was a factory freak.

Camaros and 911s should be comparable weiht-wise.
    not true. the best time of 12.2 car and driver got with the 911T was a cabriolet. the cabriolet is considerably slower than the 911T coupe. the Best Time car and driver recieved with the coupe was an 11.9

and a couple other magazines have also seen high 11's. Not to mention all the porsche owners that have also gotten 11's and crazy high traps. 12.2 with a new 911T coupe is hardly a freak, a freak for that car would be mid 11's
    With a good driver these cars can regularely see high 11's at almost 120mph traps
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR rex
    not true. the best time of 12.2 car and driver got with the 911T was a cabriolet. the cabriolet is considerably slower than the 911T coupe. the Best Time car and driver recieved with the coupe was an 11.9

and a couple other magazines have also seen high 11's. Not to mention all the porsche owners that have also gotten 11's and crazy high traps. 12.2 with a new 911T coupe is hardly a freak, a freak for that car would be mid 11's
    With a good driver these cars can regularely see high 11's at almost 120mph traps
    Nice, but remember that with a good driver, the z28 can see high 12s at 108-109 or so, and with mods that trap goes up to 114 or so...
    2003 SRT-4

haha...I lined up next to one on New Circle Rd here in Lexington about 2 years ago while I still had my GST. From about 40 he dropped the hammer and he must have had several football fields on me before my turbo even spooled!

I could see the modded LS1 holding its own for a period however...especially with that much HP at the wheels.

I can't really explain why you kept up so well. I'm sure it came down to driver skill, gear selection, etc. Or maybe he knew some turns were coming up the road and he wasn't going to reach top speed.

Because I know for a fact a lightly modded LS1 is no match for a
    well driven Porshe Turbo - newer model.

My neighbor's Porshe Turbo made my lightly modded LS1 look pretty slow.

With an Intake Lid, JBA headers, Borla Exhaust, and
    Hypertech reprogrammer I got walked big time. He just played with me.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    I can't really explain why you kept up so well. I'm sure it came down to driver skill, gear selection, etc. Or maybe he knew some turns were coming up the road and he wasn't going to reach top speed.

Because I know for a fact a lightly modded LS1 is no match for a
    well driven Porshe Turbo - newer model.

My neighbor's Porshe Turbo made my lightly modded LS1 look pretty slow.

With an Intake Lid, JBA headers, Borla Exhaust, and
    Hypertech reprogrammer I got walked big time. He just played with me.
    werd...but again, I didnt beat him, just hung from 35-100, and I KNOW he was in it because I saw him gun it (carbon out of his tips) and then I had to stay WOT to keep up with him, until I shut it down and he FLEW away for a sec or 2 until I signaled for him to slow down...
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    werd...but again, I didnt beat him, just hung from 35-100, and I KNOW he was in it because I saw him gun it (carbon out of his tips) and then I had to stay WOT to keep up with him, until I shut it down and he FLEW away for a sec or 2 until I signaled for him to slow down...

You need to get your car to the track to see what it runs.
    Some LS1's are much faster than others. I've seen stock
    6 speed LS1's dyno 328 rwhp (bone stock). I've also seen stock 6 speeds dyno 280 - 290 rwhp. This is on the same dyno. Thats huge difference in power.

Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    or am I thinking the Carrera GT at 11.8.......either way the 911t is either in the low 12's or 11's stock......and like the one guy said, I've seen them get on it on the highway and that car pulls pretty hard
    The Carrera GT clocks in at 11.4 in the 1/4 mile (according to Porsche's website.) They don't list the trap speed, but considering it takes only 9.9 seconds to get to 124mph, I'd say the trap is pretty damn high.
    2005 Aspen White STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice race!

I posted a thread a while back about my brief run with a 911 Turbo. It was hilarious how slow my car was compared to that thing. He probably had 25 carlengths on me by the time I reached peak boost.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by DTR rex
    Sorry about that. You're probably right. I just searched for 911, and I got the Cabriolet model and it said "The run to 60 mph is over in a drama-free 3.8 seconds; keep your foot on the throttle and the quarter-mile passes in 12.2 seconds at 116 mph. To put this acceleration in perspective, that's a scant 0.1 second slower in the quarter than the legendary Ferrari F40. This 911 Turbo must have been a particularly healthy example because it was faster than any other 911 Turbo—manual or automatic—we've ever tested." I assumed that they were including coupes.

Car and Driver also got something like a 13.7 for an SS Camaro, so they do sometimes suck at driving (some Camaros have seen almost a second quicker E.T. stock).

Porsche 911Ts are fast cars. They are one of my favorites. If I had the money to mod one of those.

Good job hanging w/ one of germany's best. I believe ya
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    Nice, but remember that with a good driver, the z28 can see high 12s at 108-109 or so, and with mods that trap goes up to 114 or so...
    werd. But you must also remember that the majority of LS1 z28 drivers will not get high 12's at 108mph traps. from a culumation of times i have witnessed, most of them will run anywhere from 13.3-13.7 at about 105mph
    with what you dyno'd stock, and with your current mods i would be willing to bet you are in the mid 12's with about 110 traps.... but that is not nearly good enough to keep up with a well driven 911T coupe.

either way. I am not trying to take away your glory. I believe that you kept up. just being my self and over analyzing EVERYTHING

lol, good race man. if you dont get your car to the track I will personally fly out to SF, kick your ass, steal your car, bring it to the track, and then post the times i got
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12