ricers wanting to race for cash...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ricers wanting to race for cash... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've got a friend with a integra LS, he wrecked his GSR and still has the motor and is planning ...

ricers wanting to race for cash...

I've got a friend with a integra LS, he wrecked his GSR and still has the motor and is planning on swapping some parts from it. He won't tell anyone what he's planning on putting under the hood but he says it will all be naturally aspirated. This guy wants to race me for $200. Right now all my car has done is the 3" bosal catback and no resonator but he doesnt want to run till this spring and there will definatly be more mods done to my car such as short ram intake, multiple suspension upgrades, 17' wheels, possible downpipe and uppipe, and maybe new intercooler/radiator hoses. Whatever he's doin i dont think its gonna match my car w/out a turbo or supercharger kit.

Another guy has one of those celicas with the body kit and all he's got is intake, headers and one hell of a stereo(aka makin the already slow car slower) its also got nitrous but i think my girlfriend could outdrive him. He's run his car against mine on a 1/8mi and i ran a 9.6 at about 72mph and he ran a high 11. I asked if he wanted to go back there and run but he said its too short so he'd rather do it on an open road where he can get stomped worse but im not really into street racing ( if i got a ticket for racing/speeding/reckless driving or anything involved in street racing it would be byebye rex hello SUV)

I would like some feedback about the first car such as possibilities of making that car faster than mine but the second was just for a laugh. thanks.
    JOSH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Make it $500 and flog his ass.

Naturally aspirated should mean no nitrous for him, though. Just go catless, get some engine management or whatever and go to town on Uncle Ben.

EDIT: unless this guy is going to fully gut his car and has $1000's to spend on some crazy N/A setup (which can be fast), you'll be golden.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

dont accept till he has his car running and ready to race.

Make him let you look under the hood...Look for N20 lines.

Ask him to start his car...dont listen for how loud it is, but listen for the actuall exhaust pulse...if it is deep and thumps hard be warned also you might feel it more than hear it...also feel the exhaust coming out of the tail pipe...if it puts a lot of pressure against your hand be warnned...Both those are signs of really high compression.

If he is running street tires you will have an advantage in that catagory.

In the mean time i suggest you get a catless up pipe, catless down pipe...if you want to keep one of your cats get the shorter of the down pipes...they make use of the stock mid pipe. Bell mouth will give you better flow over the stock style DP flange. Beware of some of the divorced waste gate DPs as some of the dont bring te waste gate gasses back in the right way.
    I want Boost!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p
    If I had a Mustang, I'd sell it and buy some Waffles.
    Want to play with my Wankel?

assuming you have a 5speed and can drive, if you do a full TBE plus uppipe you should be good for ATLEAST high 13's. if you pretty good at driving you could easily attain mid 13's.

A GSR engine has a butt load of potential. But, without a turbo its not going to be reaching what it can. If he does basic bolt on's, builds up the engine with some built internals, engine managment, etc.... he will be running 13's

If he wants to race a wrx, than I assume he has some pretty big plans, so you should def. see what he is running before you race.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    It would be even funnier if you want with some nutty Stage 4 setup w/ an 18g, FMIC, etc. before the race. I mean, he never expected you to tell him what's on your car. That would be one sad ricer if you did something along those lines. Just tell him that you installed a few bolt-ons - it wouldn't be a lie.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

so, uh... how exactly is your friend a ricer...?
    ***2004 WRB WRX/Stocker than stocks***

i hope u make 200$ this spring.

Also , dont waste the money on rims, get some nice tires and get some perofmance mods to gurantee teh win
    2004 Silver WRX
    HKS UpPipe
    HKS DownPipe

Originally posted by OhForRex
    so, uh... how exactly is your friend a ricer...?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

if the race is already illegal, do what the local Fbody guys do....

Make friends with a stage IV wrx owner who has the same color as you, switch plates and split the money.

I hate street racing, but if your gonna do something ghey... might as well involve a little extortion
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

welp i got some inside info on the integra and found out these plans:

Sticking with the 1.8l LS motor
    GSR head
    NOS...whatever the kit that guy in the eclipse had in Fast and Furious.
    and his GSR transmission since the LS doesnt have 3rd.

by the way this kid drives hes gonna blow up his car with Nitrous.

As for the celica, i talked to that guys brother and that thing is stock except for nitrous and intake.

Thanks for all the input on that though.

The reason i know these guys is because i go to school with the integra driver and the celica skis with me.

So what do ya'll think i should do with my extra 500 or so dollars this spring?
    JOSH

500 dollars towards engine management
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by joshinboone
    welp i got some inside info on the integra and found out these plans:

Sticking with the 1.8l LS motor
    GSR head
    NOS...whatever the kit that guy in the eclipse had in Fast and Furious.
    and his GSR transmission since the LS doesnt have 3rd.

by the way this kid drives hes gonna blow up his car with Nitrous.

As for the celica, i talked to that guys brother and that thing is stock except for nitrous and intake.

Thanks for all the input on that though.

The reason i know these guys is because i go to school with the integra driver and the celica skis with me.

So what do ya'll think i should do with my extra 500 or so dollars this spring?
    if hes on the bottle, it all depends on how large of a shot he is running. with Ls motor, gsr trans, Gsr head, and i am assuming he has basic i/h/e bolt on's he is running around mid 14's N/A
    that alone is good enough for him pull on you from a roll. On the bottle, I dont really think you have a chance. anything over a 50shot and he will walk you HARD! even once you get your mods, a hundred shot will give him all he needs to pull on a lightly modded rex.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Traction is key. If he is on drag radials or slicks and a big enough shot he can take you. If he is running nitrous with street tires I am guessing you should beat him if you can drive. Good luck.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

With the $500 you have I would probably go with a Cobb Accessport. If you a have a little more money I'd gut your stock uppipe and buy a used stromung dp ($150) and you'll be at stage2. All for under $1000... and you can probably throw in your intercooler piping too.

I'd say you'd be able to hold off the ls/vtec integra as long as he doesn't use a huge shot of nitrous. If he's pouring tons of money into his setup than theres really nothing you can do besides get a bigger turbo setup. I've seen ls/vtecs run anywhere from low 15's to mid 13's all motor... add in a shot and it could be pretty deadly. Good luck and go get some mods

"NOS...whatever the kit that guy in the eclipse had in Fast and Furious."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.