MY REX vs vette - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on MY REX vs vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; vid of your parking lot experience, please....

vid of your parking lot experience, please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can host no prob.
    But just to share I got the pleasure of owning a C5 for the first time lat nite. Car umm my friends new mod'd rx-7 we have been working on for awhile Vet driver at the next light yelled out how much nos you running. I said none just a boosted rotary!!
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Originally posted by zoophagy
    Also, there seem to be a lot of ricer Corvette owners that put fake air vents to their rear wheel wells, making them look like Z06s when they really aren't. This might have been the case, because a Z06 would have probably beaten you by much, much more.
    The main exterior difference is the rear glass. The C5 has a slope to it (hatch style), while the Z06 is more straight down (coupe style) with a defining trunk.

Nice kill Kurt..I think I know whos that is. Those cars are nasty from a roll. I ran one from second to about 130 mph...and we were neck and neck. They are nasty. Cant wait to run you w/ my new setup
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by RobPA
    One of my most memorable victories with my Automatic WRX was when i raced a cocky zo6 Driver from a dig... we were in the parking lot and he told me i got nothing for his header and cammed ZO6 on drag radials... vette sounded good until i lainched 2 cars on him and held it till the end... I actually have it on video and would like to get it on here sometime, im sure you guys would get a kick out of it!!!
    I wanna see this. Z06 with DRs, and a cam should be low 11s with a 120+ trap speed.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    I wanna see this. Z06 with DRs, and a cam should be low 11s with a 120+ trap speed.

Working on it! And i wont tell yah how much of a shot i hit the car with out of the hole!!!
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

who can host this video for me???
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

Working on it! And i wont tell yah how much of a shot i hit the car with out of the hole!!!
    Actually please do. I would love to know your set up. If you don't want to post up, please PM me with it.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

ok for some reason people think a z06 is a normal vette that runs 12.9's lol...

wow man, a z06 is a car that competes with a viper, thats something that damn near 97% of any awd's can do FROM A ROLL. from a stop is another story..

but man a z06, dude ive prolly seen like 2 in my life, you def did not race a z06. you raced a normal vette which in turn is still very fast, but not as fast as a z06..

Ive also had the pleasure of seeing a lingenfelter corvette race a my uncles regular 04 c5 vette, and that my friend, was jus.... not good for my uncle lol..

you raced a c5

One of my most memorable victories with my Automatic WRX was when i raced a cocky zo6 Driver from a dig... we were in the parking lot and he told me i got nothing for his header and cammed ZO6 on drag radials... vette sounded good until i lainched 2 cars on him and held it till the end... I actually have it on video and would like to get it on here sometime, im sure you guys would get a kick out of it!!!
    dude get the **** outta here man, you belong in the srt war forums with this post..

lol a cammed c5 with radials and headers would put down a high 11, are you fawkin kiddin me, a z06 wit those mods would be givin competition to motorcycles lol

Holy hijacking, can i have my thread back. Thank's Will, at least somebody believes me. I'm not saying i won, just that i kept up. Who knows maybe it was not an Z06. I was merely stating that it was fun for me and the vette owner.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

Originally posted by rooflz
    dude get the **** outta here man, you belong in the srt war forums with this post..

lol a cammed c5 with radials and headers would put down a high 11, are you fawkin kiddin me, a z06 wit those mods would be givin competition to motorcycles lol
    I guess you didnt read his sig.

"11 Second Auto Club"

quit doubting people and talking Isht
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Originally posted by rooflz
    ok for some reason people think a z06 is a normal vette that runs 12.9's lol...

wow man, a z06 is a car that competes with a viper, thats something that damn near 97% of any awd's can do FROM A ROLL. from a stop is another story..

but man a z06, dude ive prolly seen like 2 in my life, you def did not race a z06. you raced a normal vette which in turn is still very fast, but not as fast as a z06..

Ive also had the pleasure of seeing a lingenfelter corvette race a my uncles regular 04 c5 vette, and that my friend, was jus.... not good for my uncle lol..

you raced a c5
    how do you know he didn't race a z06. i'm sure someone driving around with a stage 4 wrx has some sort of clue what a z06 is.

and for those who say adding the air scoops is ricer....try again. air intakes for the brakes. they aren't just for show.

i8yourV8 - great kill!!!
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by bluerex47

and for those who say adding the air scoops is ricer....try again. air intakes for the brakes. they aren't just for show.

The fake ones that you tape to the sides of your car so your Corvette looks like a Z06 are rice. It's like putting a fake hoodscoop on a 2.5RS so it looks like a WRX.

Originally posted by adam3482p
    I guess you didnt read his sig.

"11 Second Auto Club"

quit doubting people and talking Isht
    Whats funny is if anyone knows RobPa his car was faster then that
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.