Have you beaten an Evo!?!?!?!?!?! - Page 7

View Poll Results: Have you "gasp" BEATEN AN EVO!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Voters
477. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I did, ate dat ***** like Eggs and Steak

145 30.40%
  • Naw, got hurt when the 4G63 boosted by me

332 69.60%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Have you beaten an Evo!?!?!?!?!?! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I beat one that was bone stock, and another that had exhaust & an intake...but I was at Stg 4 ...

I beat one that was bone stock, and another that had exhaust & an intake...but I was at Stg 4 so that probably doesn't count.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow...i guess im the enemy here... but the wifey has a wrx... so i'm kool. i've had a few run ins with a few subies but i nowhere near the word stock, believe it or not a WRX gave me a better run than all the STI's i've ever ran. he was pretty damn quick.. i only beat him by half a car but he was kool. we talked for a while and from what i can remember it was fmic, upgraded snail, (can't remember which i think a APS unit) utec and some other things.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

I remember I raced what I THOUGHT at the time was an STI, I was all stock I think and I didn't wana race cuz the R&T Magazine told me not too .

But this kid was persistant, flooring it and breaking, refused to look at me, was concentrating so hard with that Serious Hard look of concentration . He tailgated me, floored it and let off right on my ass so I could hear his ubber loud BOV, then he passed me on a double yellow, and I'll never forget this part, REVED AT ME as he past. SO he hit the clutch and reved as he was passing. As soon as the road split to two lanes he swerved as hard as he could to the RT lane and stopped at a green light to wait for me which turned red as I got there. He had his hands @ 10 and 2 and reving and he looked so serious. So I finally raced him and beat him bad and he just dissappeared. Turns out it was a REG WRX with a STI Trunk lid and wing, man I was lucky at that time Cuz I thought that STi wing added more WHP. He had an exhaust and a BOV too but not much a 13B is gona do against an Evo. Shoulda Guessed with the WRX wheels he had but the STi just came out at that time, I didn't know.

Now you better have an STI that makes 400HP or your getting beat by me
    Last edited by TSi AWD; 02-11-2005 at 12:38 PM.

J-H
    Is it just me or are there more high-powered EVO than STI? I am guessing these guys just run around hurtin' anything they run into...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Evos are just WAY easier to extract power from, I mean just a reflash will get you damn near 300WHP. Add cams and boltons you get 350 WHP like I have, these cars love to be modded. Not to mention we have DSM Knowledge from 1990 On, very Similar to an Evo. I knew my way around my car the day I got it.
    Last edited by TSi AWD; 02-14-2005 at 01:48 PM.

Ok, evilevo8 was my old screan name and when ClubWrx crassed I could not get the new password to actuvate it. Any IDea how to get it back?

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    Evos are just WAY easier to extract power from, I mean just a reflash will get you damn near 300WHP. Add cams and boltons you get 350 WHP like I have, these cars love to be modded. Not to mention we have DSM Knowledge from 1990 On, very Similar to an Evo. I knew my way around my car the day I got it.
    TRUE!!!

cobb stage 2 cars are not as fast as stock Evo's

most srt 4 owners ,and i know some that are great guys,and i have seen a few here that were cool people ,but for the most part srt owners are like the guy a chick dumps because his wiener is to small ,so he goes out and buys a car and says it is the fastest thing on the road. he helps his ego by bashing on other cars. example i have raced 30 or so srt4's some stock ,and some not,and i have not lost or even came close to losing,and after i quit because i won they fly by and sound off the old bov. if they only knew that the bov does not make them cool or go faster.what they need to do is get a knife and cut thier wiener off and transform into the ***** they really are ,and they would feel much better about themselves. i am done b i t c h ing just remeber. when the srt guy down the road gives you the bov salute. don't get mad ,and don't beat him up .try to understand him. treat them like a retarded person would you beat one up? no you would look at him once or twice ,and then feel bad. just sucks most window lickers own an srt4

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    most srt 4 owners ,and i know some that are great guys,and i have seen a few here that were cool people ,but for the most part srt owners are like the guy a chick dumps because his wiener is to small ,so he goes out and buys a car and says it is the fastest thing on the road. he helps his ego by bashing on other cars. example i have raced 30 or so srt4's some stock ,and some not,and i have not lost or even came close to losing,and after i quit because i won they fly by and sound off the old bov. if they only knew that the bov does not make them cool or go faster.what they need to do is get a knife and cut thier wiener off and transform into the ***** they really are ,and they would feel much better about themselves. i am done b i t c h ing just remeber. when the srt guy down the road gives you the bov salute. don't get mad ,and don't beat him up .try to understand him. treat them like a retarded person would you beat one up? no you would look at him once or twice ,and then feel bad. just sucks most window lickers own an srt4

All you got to do to those ****ers next time is put your back windows down when they are next to you
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

beaten some evos but got my ass handed to me by a 1st gen dsm
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

i was just reading some evolutionforums threads and those guys on that forum really seem to be overly cocky about their cars to the point where they forgot how to appreciate a good car, all that smack talking just shows they cant even appreciate their own rides. it sucks, evolutionm seems like a nice forum just the one link from an earlier page on this thread linked to evoforums and i have to say i was really disappointed in the general feel of the forum. makes me really appreciate this club and the people in it. cheers to all the guys (and gals) that make this a really rich and enjoyable community that i am proud to be a part of.

dont give up the good fight, we can hang with dem evos!
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_04_WRX
    All you got to do to those ****ers next time is put your back windows down when they are next to you
    DAM,
    Thats not right, TOO FUNNY! But, Just not right.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm waiting to get my car back to shut up a few locals around here. The only guy I'm worried about is a local guy with an evo with a gt3076r. Considering I have the same CHRA but in the stock location, it should be interesting...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I have raced many STIs(10+) when i had my 03 Evo a i never lost to any of them, the fastest one i raced had a Tbe, header/uppipe, mbc, intake, fmic and at the time i had a catback, testpipe, mbc, and a k&n drop in. We raced from 1st gear roll which he wanted and we were dead even 1st, 2nd, and part of 3rd when i started to pull away, in 4th i had 1/2 car and by 5th he couldnt gain anything, oh and i still had stock dp at the time. We raced again after i got my dp and 02 housing, same scenario and i pulled 1 to almost 1 1/2 cars on him, and this guy can drive trust me, just so there are no driver excuses bs!! \

I havent raced any in my 05 yet bc i havent seen any around and i have less mods on my 05 now(no 02 housing).
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast