Have you beaten an Evo!?!?!?!?!?! - Page 6

View Poll Results: Have you "gasp" BEATEN AN EVO!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Voters
477. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I did, ate dat ***** like Eggs and Steak

145 30.40%
  • Naw, got hurt when the 4G63 boosted by me

332 69.60%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Have you beaten an Evo!?!?!?!?!?! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yup, took one at the track last week...he had a turboback with piggy-back ECU of some sort. His car wasn't ...

Yup, took one at the track last week...he had a turboback with piggy-back ECU of some sort. His car wasn't running strong for some reason, but none-the-less, my FXT took the gold.

mods - Invdia DP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

total investments

WRX: $29,800 \ everything bolt-on, plus FMIC, ECU reflash and boost cont.
    EVO: $27,179 \ 3" TBE, intake

Times are posted in my sig. I love my WRX, but it just can't offer the driving experience that the EVO does.
    05 STi: TBE, Cobb AP

Yeah i smoked one with this

and this

I beat one from 5 to around 95mph by 3 feet
    I also lost to one from 70-115mph. He just kept slowly pulling.

I cant wait until I get my bigger turbo!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Never

Never and with the way things are going probably not for a long time.
    HKS2835 pro and 2.2L kit = kicking mitsu arse for a long time
    Before 2.0L TD06-20G destroying Evos for 2 years!!!

Could I lose to one sure easily like the one built by G-force that runs 9s to bad its not streetable!!!

J-H
    Killed one in my friends porsche 70-130
    Inched on stock (guess) one with COBB 2 70-120

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    I cant wait until I get my bigger turbo!
    Hey hellafast, what are your plans? I am dying to go for a bigger turbo, but I understand that there are other expenses that need to be taken into consideration with this upgrade...cough......tranny.....cough...

Since we have the same setup, I was just wondering what you were gonna do.....VF34? I like what the 18g is doing....Wait until feb 11 to decide (TUNER)....your thoughts and everyone having the same dilema....please chime in...PM me so we don't hijack the trhead....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

With a VF34 I've Beaten a few stock and mildly modded EVOs. Got beaten by 2 that I have no idea what they had done, but they pulled on me pretty hard, and got my ass completely handed to me by one of the guys at my work with an MR with vishnu Stg 3(V550). Holy christ does that thing move. At first I though I hosed the launch because of how much he pulled off the line, then it got worse and worse and finally I just gave up when he had about 10 cars on me . After the arse kicking he told be about his mods, then I looked on the web and supposedly it does a 3.1s 0-60 and close to 11flat @ 126mph? yipes...
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_04_WRX
    Saw an Evo getting dyno tuned at Central FL Turbo put down 285whp/292wtq with a TB, Test pipe and a SAFC II and a MBC on a mustang dyno They will be putting cams soon
    Yeah my friends Evo put down 250whp on a dyno jet with a TBE, testpipe, SAFC II, MBC, Intake. And when he had the TBE and Bov I beat him by at the very least 2 cars in my WRX. He couldnt drive his car and pretend it was a "boost leak" causing him to lose. Now he has a lot more done to it but he still can't drive it after having the car for almost two years. So when I get home this summer I look forward to racing him again if he'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Hey hellafast, what are your plans? I am dying to go for a bigger turbo, but I understand that there are other expenses that need to be taken into consideration with this upgrade...cough......tranny.....cough...

Since we have the same setup, I was just wondering what you were gonna do.....VF34? I like what the 18g is doing....Wait until feb 11 to decide (TUNER)....your thoughts and everyone having the same dilema....please chime in...PM me so we don't hijack the trhead....

hijack:

This summer = STi RA gearset, vf34 or 16g, injectors, fuel pump, bigger top mount, installign my brembos, ect.

Next summer will yield a jdm 2.0L STi longblock
    My ultimate goal is to put an STi badge on my wagon without being a poser
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

3 evos for me 2 werent races one was a half ass race.

Blue EVO I did not race because i knew he would murder me i just wanted to here his car because he has a built motor and a turbotrix turbo kit. so all i did was took off hard after that i couldnt here my car when he blew by. that car was so hot.

then i raced a white evo i had no idea what was done to it of corse he beat me because all i have is an exhaust on my car he had that and some probably but 1st n 2nd i was with him after 3rd He was beating me...im not sad though because i knew i would lose.

then there was another white evo and he had stuff done to his too side exit exhaust thats all i remember i dont know if he was beating on it but i thoughtmaybe after 3rd he would be out on me and i noticed he was doing much damage to me so maybe he wasnt on it but he seemed like one of those kids that beats the crap out of thier cars so he may have been flooring it.

Quote Originally Posted by JSpecGC8
    Never and with the way things are going probably not for a long time.
    HKS2835 pro and 2.2L kit = kicking mitsu arse for a long time
    Before 2.0L TD06-20G destroying Evos for 2 years!!!

Could I lose to one sure easily like the one built by G-force that runs 9s to bad its not streetable!!!
    Come down to Orlando Fl, i have a few Evos that would love to race!
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

I've only run and beaten one......I posted a thread on it back when it happened last fall but it was two guys and I was in my sti with a buddy....highway run from 55/60-110 or so....I pulled 2-2.5 cars and held it all the way. The guys said the evo had exhaust and intake. That is the only one I've gone up against.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

I raced one with Exhaust ,and my mods at the time where a catback and mbc and we were dead even 1st-3rd and 3 to 5th i had a car all the way to 125mph
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

There's no choice for I've never raced one yet.

I have only seen 2 in my area. A red one near my old office and a silver one driving by my house. They are not common around here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.