Have you beaten an Evo!?!?!?!?!?! - Page 4

View Poll Results: Have you "gasp" BEATEN AN EVO!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Voters
477. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I did, ate dat ***** like Eggs and Steak

145 30.40%
  • Naw, got hurt when the 4G63 boosted by me

332 69.60%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Have you beaten an Evo!?!?!?!?!?! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by swipe112 Can someone explain to me how that EVO 8 straight up schooled a 305 hp prodrive ...

Originally posted by swipe112
    Can someone explain to me how that EVO 8 straight up schooled a 305 hp prodrive STi in that video? (first page) I don't understand.....

Plus it beat the Audi....which runs mid 13's @ +100... I would have guessed the Audi to catch up towards the end......
    Its all in the LAUNCH.
    Its all about the driver.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You know what I find funny? On the srt4 forums when some other car besides an srt4 makes a lot of power they are like bs blah blah blah and all this junk, but when we hear about other cars besides wrx's having a lot of power on here most of us are like "wow what does that car have done to it?". And what I love is that it seems every srt4 on that forum has like 600whp or more I don't believe every srt4 on there has 600whp or more.

Someone mentioned this a few replies ago how one of the guys on that thread said "it must suck to go into the negative's at 100mph" these fools are seriously stupid. Then one guy said "the boost doesn't come on till 6000 rpms" there wasn't even rpm's on the thing so they are even making stuff up hahahaha. They remind me of the guys in the VTAC video and the VTEC Mustang video hahahaha.

I am also getting a headache as well reading the thread on the srt forum but I find it hard not to read all the way to the end because it's funny how they write stuff like "I raced an evo this morning from 0-130 and I am only running 9psi and I beat him" I bet any amount of money that from 0-105 the evo was winning than because he has 2wd he got to 130 faster when they shouldnt have even gone to that speed unless they are both running like 10's or faster.

Then the Cobra guy jumps in and is like "my cobra is a lot faster than an evo stock" well it might be faster but it's not "a lot" faster. I am a fan of Cobras and other mustangs and I even considered buying an old school stang or maybe even a new one but how some of these guys talk **** makes you start to hate the car even when you should only hate the person. But yeah I am gonna finish reading that thread, I am on page 11 or 12 I hope there isn't a lot more to read.

Originally posted by TheReaper
    You know what I find funny? On the srt4 forums when some other car besides an srt4 makes a lot of power they are like bs blah blah blah and all this junk, but when we hear about other cars besides wrx's having a lot of power on here most of us are like "wow what does that car have done to it?". And what I love is that it seems every srt4 on that forum has like 600whp or more I don't believe every srt4 on there has 600whp or more.

Someone mentioned this a few replies ago how one of the guys on that thread said "it must suck to go into the negative's at 100mph" these fools are seriously stupid. Then one guy said "the boost doesn't come on till 6000 rpms" there wasn't even rpm's on the thing so they are even making stuff up hahahaha. They remind me of the guys in the VTAC video and the VTEC Mustang video hahahaha.
    1st off, SRT-4 is a kids car. Its $20,000. of cheap fun with some head room for up grades.
    2nd, To this day I have never come across one with more then
    350whp. and they are all FWD.

WRX, STi, Audi, GSX, and EVOs are a higher performance and tuning class car!
    If I was building a 450WHP and up car, the AWD platform is the car of choice. (WRX, STi, Audi, GSX, or EVO)
    What good is Big Power if you get it to the ground to go faster?
    Don't break the tires loose! Break the finish line!

Originally posted by TheReaper
    Then the Cobra guy jumps in and is like "my cobra is a lot faster than an evo stock" well it might be faster but it's not "a lot" faster. I am a fan of Cobras and other mustangs and I even considered buying an old school stang or maybe even a new one but how some of these guys talk **** makes you start to hate the car even when you should only hate the person. But yeah I am gonna finish reading that thread, I am on page 11 or 12 I hope there isn't a lot more to read.
    Just ask Mr. Cobra guy if he wants to run after a light rain, summer shower, or any chilly morning with a little moisture on the road.

If I was to choose a tuning car. It would be RWD. It would most likely be mid engine too.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Thumbs down Srt-4's

Its funny about those SRT-4 guys how much bull$h!t they talk!! Theres a yellow one in orlando that posted at www.orlandoforums.com under the drag racing forum(SRT vs All!). You guys should read that, he called out everyone to race him b/c he says he is "stock" yeah right!! and said he could take anyone. Funny b/c my two friends literally SPANKED his SRT-4 real bad that same day at night, then he came with the excuse that his spark plugs were bad!! He wanted to race my EVO but backed out when i said lets go from a dig, his excuse was that his tires were gone . Im in the process of moding my EVO so i can spank that SRT-4 from a dig, roll or what ever it is.
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

There are alot of srt's over 350whp....I have raced one or two...that car has a sick platform to work on...if you minus the fwd..it might be the best of the bunch..(evo,sti,r32 etc..)
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    There are alot of srt's over 350whp....I have raced one or two...that car has a sick platform to work on...if you minus the fwd..it might be the best of the bunch..(evo,sti,r32 etc..)
    If you minus the fwd... My 2 Eclipses might be the best of the bunch.
    Sleeper GS-T and Stage 2 Supercharged GT.
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...56981270CbuJwJ
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...56981771dKerXH

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46305968ZYwKha
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...64469062swdIbV
    Sorry, NO pics of my NEW SUBY yet
    My point is the SRT-4, my GS-T, and 3G are FWD cars.
    The (WRX, STi, Audi, GSX, VR-4 or EVO)... are AWD cars.
    Its like comparing Apples to Oranges.

I have the Quaife Limited Slip Differentials in both my FWDs,
    But its still NO substitute for AWD

DSM....

Neon is A great car, If I couldn't afford the evo, I would have got the Neon or soemthin like it....
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

gfx
    I've beaten an EVO since my friend owns one and we race all the time. I can beat him but I know not for long.. once he gets a TBE/cams/reflash I'm toast.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gfxwrx

My car shots taken with my Canon 300D dSLR

Any more racing tales? Like from a roll?

I've raced 4 Evos and beaten them all. These were all freeway runs. I never try 2 race people, but alot of people pick on me. Anyways, I think most were stock or didn't know how to drive. I usually let off around the 120 mark if they haven't caught up. I've had them anywhere from 2-8 cars depending on the driver.

BTW, I have a 02 wrx w/ VF22 on 18psi (all supporting mods), full exhaust, headers, etc.

on my old set up 324whp/350wtq --> i've raced a black evo mods are: intake, dp, cat delete, full exhaust, re-flash, injectors, fuel pump, mbc, hks cams & etc.. he claimed he was pushing 300+whp.. this kid was so cocky saying he can beat any wrx or sti he also told me i should have gotten an evo instead of an sti so i said whatever.. anyways he was by himself on his evo and me n my bro on my sti we did a 60mph till 145mph.. we were even on 3rd, end of 4th i pulled alittle then 5th alittle more and 6th i pulled 1 1/2 car on him we was completely now he has alot of respect on subarus after i whoop his ass by the way his evo ran a 12.4@112 at etown
    Last edited by PE1820STI; 09-21-2004 at 04:28 PM.

Thats odd...I raced in Evo w/the same mods and was tied w/him to 150+...and I beat you...not by much thouhg. I guess your new mods are making a nicde diff...I'll have to give you a run again soon

Nice kill
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.