What is up with Peugeot?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What is up with Peugeot? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is it just me, or are the sh*tbox peugeots in the WRC absolutely dominating the Finland Rally? Seems that after ...

What is up with Peugeot?

Is it just me, or are the sh*tbox peugeots in the WRC absolutely dominating the Finland Rally? Seems that after leg 2, Solberg is the only team Subaru guy who can attempt to place high. Tommi is having a pretty bad run. I am one for wishing they had more manufacturers participating. Would've led to a more interesting competition if toyota, honda, audi, VW and a few others threw their hat into the ring.

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

why would you call it a **** box?

it's obviously a superior rally car design.

no reason, i was just kidding. Alot of factors come into rallying besides just the car, anyway. So i wouldnt go calling it superior in any way. I was actually refering to the uber gas mileage econobox cars that peugeot makes in europe since gas costs like 5$ a liter over there or something. Its a shame they are not down with atmosphere clogging, gas chuggling, road monsters like we are in the US.

-c
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    i wouldnt go calling it superior in any way
    then you're fooling yourself.

they have the best drivers and quite clearly, one of the best cars.

don't worry your WRX doesn't suck just cause a 206 is a better rally car.

would you wanna drive around all day in a tinyass 206?

Im not worried. I absolutely love my WRX and even if the EVO VII comes to US shores in 2003 and annihilates the WRX, ill still stick with it. The sh*tbox also refers to how small they are. You ever ride in one in europe? I have, the taxi driver was taking us down roads no bigger than could fit 1 and 1/2 cars, going uber fast while all of our stuff was crammed into that little thing. Surely you'd rather drive a sports compact car than a Geo Metro sized car. Sorry if i offended you with calling peugeots sh*tboxes. Because obviously they are tearing sh*t up in Finland.

-c

Peugeots are really nice looking cars, I really don't think it is fair to call them a sh*tbox at all... and yes, both Peugeot and Ford are kicking Subaru's a$$ in WRC this year. But rally_wannabe is right, it doesn't mean that YOUR WRX sucks. My friend owns a 206 and there is so little in common between the 206 WRC and the street 206 that they may as well be different cars. Same goes for the Imprezza. I'm guessing you take your WRX against my friend's 206 and it wouldn't be a close race at all, no matter the challenge!! The 206 is not a fast car in its street trim (0-62 in 8.3 seconds on their top of the line trim).
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

this post is stupid... anyone that knows anything about rally knows that the only thing rally cars and street cars have in common are the panels that keep the diver and bits in
    I mean come on Hyundai have a car in the rally series and it manages to keep on the pace ... please...
    (oh by the way I HATE Hyundai more than anything)

ok i have learned my lesson. What i should have said was, "Damn peugeot rocks. Their rally car is totally phearsome and tear it up with the best of em. Too bad they dont make street cars like their rally cars like subaru and mitsubishi do."

Oh well. I was due for my obligatory annual flame post anyway.

On the topic of rallying though, does anyone know anything about the TH2 wheels by compomotive? I want to put these on my WRX in size 16x7, because i assume i'd lose some street performance with the 15x7s. Am i wrong in this assumption?

-c

hey feng I didn't mean to flame ya. I was just pointing out that the WRC cars are nothing like the road cars. I think the Peugeot looks ok but the road cars is really a gutless POS when compared to the WRX and EVO so I see your point kind of.

i had no point really, just wanna see solberg and tommi run a bit faster to get some more points

oh yeah and that traitor richard burns should break an axle.

-c

hehe yeah i'd like to see the scoobies do better. can't believe those focus's though they are doing pretty well too.

I was watching some Rallying on TV today, and the Peugeot car wasn't doing that bad at all. Being one that rarely watches rallying, it was upsetting to see the WRX do worse than I thought it was.
    How many other cars run 4 doors, though?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

i've just noticed that the hyundai drivers have it the worst here since it seems they have to actually manually shift with the dash mounted shift knob. The Impreza,206, and Focus all looks like they use steering wheel buttons. Poor hyundai.

-c

Originally posted by Trailboss516
    I was watching some Rallying on TV today, and the Peugeot car wasn't doing that bad at all. Being one that rarely watches rallying, it was upsetting to see the WRX do worse than I thought it was.
    How many other cars run 4 doors, though?
    I LOVE watching rally, I only wish it was on more often! To me, it is THE most exciting type of racing, bar none. F1/CART is kind of cool for the technology, but come on, when the last 100 laps are exactly the same as the first 100, how exciting could it be? I love the unpredictability of rally racing. I don't know how many of you guys rally race your WRXs. I'm not sure I would want to ruin the paint in my $25K car! But I think it would be cool to get a reliable beater and compete. Hmmm, how much are used 2.5 RSs?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

They should rally-race all at once, all cars on the track, everything. See who really has balls!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.