What is up with Peugeot? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What is up with Peugeot? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Rally is becoming really big here in australia with alot of people entering group N comp now and they get ...

Rally is becoming really big here in australia with alot of people entering group N comp now and they get alot of the older WRX's quite cheap to start off that way they don't bang up nice shiney new ones

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'm not offended.

just debating.

and BTW my WRX is a real rally car thankyou very little!

I Support ClubWRX
    I am hopefully going to be recieving some pictures of a turbo charged Puegot 206 street car that's one of my co-workers friends form France. It has a whopping 180 whp. Pics soon to come I hope.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Those Peugeot's are actually quite quick. I dunno if you get the 206GTi over there but I had trouble catching one from a standing start (pre-MBC). They have awesome pwr/weight ratio......

Maybe I am just a crap launcher
    01 WRX World Rally Blue

Originally posted by michaelwrx
    Those Peugeot's are actually quite quick. I dunno if you get the 206GTi over there but I had trouble catching one from a standing start (pre-MBC). They have awesome pwr/weight ratio......

Maybe I am just a crap launcher
    really? whats the specs on the 206GTi. I think the cars look quite nice for a little car but have always thought the power was pretty lame.

Ok ok, it was probably just me, but I had the car redlining at each change and I wasn't making ground....the specs are:

WRX v 206GTI

Weight 1,390kg v 1,050kg
    Kw 160 v 102
    Nm 292 v 194
    0-60mi 6sec v 8sec

Michael
    01 WRX World Rally Blue

Ford Focus on fire

Its a horrible way to be retired, especially so close to the finish, but at least it will bring Solberg up in the standings. Was it just me, or was it amazing how fast that focus went up in flames. Must've thought itself a Gremlin. What a sweet rally that was, ill be looking forward to Rally Germany if im not away on business.

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Did you guys notice how graceful the 206 were during the Finnish Rally? Everytime they jumped(except for that one time for Burns...) they were landing gracefully. It was very nice to watch.
    And yes, if I could buy a AWD turbo 206 street version, I would do it in no doubt. My Dad had a 205 and it was pretty quick back then. The 306 is a nice one too.

Did you guys ever read Max? It's a UK magazine. I got it yesterday at Borders. Pretty nasty girls in it too.
    There is a ricey but classy(is that p;ossible? ) 206 on the cover. That magazine has also TONS of wheels!

http://www.tramont.fr/peugeot.htm (link from France)
    http://www.tramont.fr/subaru.htm
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Originally posted by michaelwrx
    Ok ok, it was probably just me, but I had the car redlining at each change and I wasn't making ground....the specs are:

WRX v 206GTI

Weight 1,390kg v 1,050kg
    Kw 160 v 102
    Nm 292 v 194
    0-60mi 6sec v 8sec

Michael
    ouch!

It happens I mean this morning I was at the lights waiting to get onto the freeway not really paying that much attention and this horrid little metro suddenly arced it up squeeled wheels and launched (as best a metro can launch) smiled to myself and showed the little $hitbox what 8000 rpm of VTEC sounded like as you pass it at 120 . When you have a reasonably quick car I find everything trys to race you. It annoys me and I really shouldn't rise to the bait i know but I hate econoboxes that think they are fast!

oh yeah I'm not saying the 206 GTi is an econobox just venting.

Wombat, as you say '8,000rpm of VTEC' I assume you are running an STI? that or a shXXbox honda

Cheers
    Michael
    01 WRX World Rally Blue

Yeah it's a prelude and I have been trying to trade it in for a Subaru B4 but subaru are being wankers and I haven't managed to sell it privately so I'm keeping the Lude for now. To be honest the subaru dealer has kinda turned me off. I just feel uneasy dealing with them. seem a bit dodgy, car salesmen are soooo slimey

I was in Zurich a few months ago. Peugeots are considered tough cars there. The Swiss are fanatics for perfection and precision. One guy told me Subarus are for "mounties." Mounties are somewhat less than sophisticated mountain people. Read farmers - guys who know and need tough equipment. The guy I spoke to didn't know about the sophistication of the WRX. I think, had he known, he would have modified that statement.

The cars in Europe are awesome. Alfas, Citroens, Fiats, stuff we never see here. Real nice cars.

I shouldn't bag the Honda's. It took me 7 months to sell the Integra GSI I had. Nothing like paying off a lease on the Honda whilst having the WRX at the sametime for 7 months!

Had to drop the price $8g to sell
    01 WRX World Rally Blue

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a couple pics of a Peugeot 309, or that's what my French co-worker Stephane called it. It supposedly has 180 whp and only weighs 96 kilos or a little over 1 ton. He says it keeps up with his other friends STI Impreza. Ticrab, you can correct me if I am wrong since you are from France also.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.