Lit up a Mach 1 today
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

This is a discussion on Lit up a Mach 1 today within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was azure blue, very nice looking, had shoe polish on his windows...LOL so I knew he was down to ...

  1. #1
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364

    Thumbs up Lit up a Mach 1 today

    It was azure blue, very nice looking, had shoe polish on his windows...LOL so I knew he was down to run. His dial-in was 13.7 so I also knew it was already over for him. LOL

    We caught a perfect redlight for a race from a stop but at the last second someone turned right into his lane so he couldnt launch. I saw the guy, so I eased out and waited to run until we passed the car. When we did, i was going about 35mph and in 3rd gear...not my powerband, but I gunned it anyway...he stayed with me for a second until I started to crawl up past 4500 or so and when I shifted to 4th he was about 5-6 cars back and falling fast. Took it up to 110 and shut it down. No sense going faster at that point. When he passed me up later I gave him the peace sign, seemed like a cool guy. Never got the chance to find out if he was modded but my friend has an 04 mach one with K&N and flows and this was about the same result as when we run em. I was in the z28, BTW.

    Turns out the guy goes to school with my brother so maybe we can meet up again and go from a stop so it would be more equal.
    2003 SRT-4

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    17,242
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill. I have never seen a stang that wasn't ready to run.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

  4. #3
    Moderating U! KurleeDaddeeWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,317
    I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill. You always have good stories.

    I still can't get anyone to run me, and now I roll out an SRT-4. Kinda funny. The first 2 weeks I owned my car, I had people revving on me and doing flybys. But now, since I am past break in, no one will run me. Kind of a repeat I had with the WRX.

  5. #4
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Good kill. You always have good stories.

    I still can't get anyone to run me, and now I roll out an SRT-4. Kinda funny. The first 2 weeks I owned my car, I had people revving on me and doing flybys. But now, since I am past break in, no one will run me. Kind of a repeat I had with the WRX.
    LOL, I can kinda relate...whenever I'm NOT in one of my 2 "fast" cars I see the coolest fuggin cars and I can't do anything!!
    2003 SRT-4

  6. #5
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    LOL, I can kinda relate...whenever I'm NOT in one of my 2 "fast" cars I see the coolest fuggin cars and I can't do anything!!
    its just how life works

    whenever i am in my g/f's car and she is driving... all the sudden all these modded cars pop out of no-where. not to mention all the jack-asses that think they are hot stuff with their car and drive like idiots... ofcourse when I am cruising in my rex, nothing happens

    13.7 is kinda high for a Mach1. friend of a friend ran his for the first time last week
    run 1 - 14.2
    run 2 - 13.3
    run 3 - 13.4

    either way. good run. Getting ready to race a car and knowing you will win is cool
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  7. #6
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    Originally posted by DTR rex
    its just how life works

    whenever i am in my g/f's car and she is driving... all the sudden all these modded cars pop out of no-where. not to mention all the jack-asses that think they are hot stuff with their car and drive like idiots... ofcourse when I am cruising in my rex, nothing happens

    13.7 is kinda high for a Mach1. friend of a friend ran his for the first time last week
    run 1 - 14.2
    run 2 - 13.3
    run 3 - 13.4

    either way. good run. Getting ready to race a car and knowing you will win is cool
    on another site they suggested it might have been an auto...or maybe he just can't drive
    2003 SRT-4

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mother****ing Cleveland
    Posts
    286
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    LOL, I can kinda relate...whenever I'm NOT in one of my 2 "fast" cars I see the coolest fuggin cars and I can't do anything!!
    [Alanis M/quote]"Isn't it ironic?, don't you think?"[Alanis M/quote]

  9. #8
    Registered User 2004SilverWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    196
    I saw a newer mach one that was stock with a rear window sticker that said something regarding ".......Jap Crap......". I can't remember exactly what it said. Of course on that day I was in the Explorer. How would a WRX with an MBC, and crank pulley do against a stock Mach1? It would have been funny to beat that Mach1 driving a "jap crap" car.
    2004 WRX

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC...too close to newark:(
    Posts
    423
    Originally posted by DTR rex

    either way. good run. Getting ready to race a car and knowing you will win is cool [/B]
    how is that cool? it'd like Shaq beating up on a 3rd grader..where's the sport in that?

  11. #10
    Registered User renichms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    1,777
    Originally posted by josnroh
    Nice kill. I have never seen a stang that wasn't ready to run.
    Try riding around in an STi with catless downpipe and no cat-back at all and you won't find too many in my area that ARE willing to run. Had a gasket go out so I unhooked cat-back completely and when sitting at a light, Mustang next to me revved up some. Light changes, my car gets deafeningly loud and suddenly his heart's not in it anymore...

    RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

  12. #11
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    I saw a newer mach one that was stock with a rear window sticker that said something regarding ".......Jap Crap......". I can't remember exactly what it said. Of course on that day I was in the Explorer. How would a WRX with an MBC, and crank pulley do against a stock Mach1? It would have been funny to beat that Mach1 driving a "jap crap" car.
    well, supposedly there are mach 1s running high 12s stock, according to the mustang crowd, but I havent seen it. From a stop, a WRX would be able to hang with tb, mbc, etc but from a roll I don't think the stock turbo would cut it. They trap like 105.
    2003 SRT-4

  13. #12
    Registered User renichms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    1,777
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    well, supposedly there are mach 1s running high 12s stock, according to the mustang crowd, but I havent seen it. From a stop, a WRX would be able to hang with tb, mbc, etc but from a roll I don't think the stock turbo would cut it. They trap like 105.
    Personally, I wouldn't buy a Mach 1 doing high 12s stock. Gears and tires, maybe, because a guy near here went from something like 8.4 in the 1/8 to 8.1 with gears and tires. While stock, I did 13.1 in the 1/4 and 8.3 in the 1/8 (though in my STi), so I'd believe that guy's mods would spell 12s, but not by much, which puts 12s out of reach for a stock vehicle.

    RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

  14. #13
    Registered User 2004SilverWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    196
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    well, supposedly there are mach 1s running high 12s stock, according to the mustang crowd, but I havent seen it. From a stop, a WRX would be able to hang with tb, mbc, etc but from a roll I don't think the stock turbo would cut it. They trap like 105.

    You know what, I was confusing the Mach1 with the Bullitt Mustang. I would have gotten stomped.
    2004 WRX

  15. #14
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    You know what, I was confusing the Mach1 with the Bullitt Mustang. I would have gotten stomped.
    yea the bullits were like 270hp...the mach ones have 310 or so.
    2003 SRT-4

  16. #15
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    well, supposedly there are mach 1s running high 12s stock, according to the mustang crowd, but I havent seen it. From a stop, a WRX would be able to hang with tb, mbc, etc but from a roll I don't think the stock turbo would cut it. They trap like 105.
    I have yet to see any of them running high 12's. the 03 cobra's run higher 12's and are putting out over 50 more whp over the mach1. From what I have seen, a good driver can get anywhere from 13.3-13.7 with the car. ofcourse there are the occasional freaks though.

    Originally posted by SLOW4EAT
    how is that cool? it'd like Shaq beating up on a 3rd grader..where's the sport in that?
    when someone is thinking their car is all that, and you want to make them feel dumb, its kinda nerve wrecking to be unsure about a win. although, if you are confident you will destroy them as long as you dont mis-shift, it tends to make the experience more fun. although this is boring normal racing conditions, its pretty cool when the person is a complete jackass
    similar to the comical situation of having a civic with an exhaust rev at you. you know you will, and beating him is just that much more fun when you know you are going to embarass him, yet he thinks his car is faster.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 08-27-2004 at 04:52 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •