WRX vs. WRX

This is a discussion on WRX vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran a WRX with full exhaust, boost controller, and intake last night. He is a good driver and this ...

WRX vs. WRX

I ran a WRX with full exhaust, boost controller, and intake last night. He is a good driver and this was my first race from a stop since the new tranny and clutch. My car was misfiring off the line for some reason.

He had me by about 1-1.5 cars off the line. I pulled even in 2nd and ran away from him in 3rd. I probably had him by 5-6 cars or more at 105 mph.

For some reason if my car hasn't been running 10 minutes prior to a race it runs like crap. Seems like it has a misfire off the line in 1st gear, and kind of chokes up top.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    as I learned with my last car (2000 GT) when you pile a bunch of mods into almost any car, you're bound to run into annoying issues.
    2003 SRT-4

Hopefully I can have all the issues taken care of by tommorrow at the track.

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    as I learned with my last car (2000 GT) when you pile a bunch of mods into almost any car, you're bound to run into annoying issues.
    this is a sad truth.... hence why I am awaiting the day I can afford a car that I wouldnt really have to tamper with very much. (M5 or something)
    Last edited by DTR rex; 08-26-2004 at 10:18 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by DTR rex
    this is a sad truth.... hence why I am awaiting the day I can afford a car that I would really have to tamper with very much. (M5 or something)
    werd...I'm waiting for a z06 or a porsche turbo
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by DTR rex
    this is a sad truth.... hence why I am awaiting the day I can afford a car that I would really have to tamper with very much. (M5 or something)
    and then you start to mod that too....

good luck with your setup, when/if you get it tuned (or if you have) and taken it to the track, post some times please
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

It is tuned to 18 psi. We will see what this thing can do tomorrow after work.

hah, racing only 10 minutes of running... sounds pretty bad. misfiring? sounds like trouble with that much boost. Id take it easy with that much psi until she warms up
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by bluerex47
    and then you start to mod that too....

ehhhh, i have owned 3 different modded cars, and am getting kinda tired of it... just like stoplight said, you have to sacrifice practicallity and other stuff when modding.

I think if I was driving an M5, E55 benz, RS6 audi, porsche 911 turbo, etc....

I dont think I would have to mod it. and probably wouldnt... I MAY DO WHEELS to the above cars, and possibly an exhaust system on the M5, but other than that, i would be completely SATISFIED!!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Definitely. I'd love to hook up a 911 Turbo one of these days...and just get the "reliable" mods: springs, suspension bits, exhaust, etc.

Upgrading big stuff on cars like that (turbos, etc.) is just asking for felony speeding tickets or worse...

I don't need a car that can trap at 125mph.

(but I kind of want one haha)
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    Definitely. I'd love to hook up a 911 Turbo one of these days...and just get the "reliable" mods: springs, suspension bits, exhaust, etc.

Upgrading big stuff on cars like that (turbos, etc.) is just asking for felony speeding tickets or worse...

I don't need a car that can trap at 125mph.

(but I kind of want one haha)
    Tru, nobody needs a car that can trap that fast, but it sure is nice to have!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    hah, racing only 10 minutes of running... sounds pretty bad. misfiring? sounds like trouble with that much boost. Id take it easy with that much psi until she warms up
    I have the boost turned down to 1 bar right now. Its starts to misfire before it hits full boost. I don't know what the problem is, but I am just going to let it warm up before I race it each time now.